Sign in to follow this  
=WKV= Blackwatch

Help with hostage script.

I am making a mission and have probably bugged half the scripting clue in here with me being useless at this. However I have a few more questions please and then im almost done and getting the jist of things now.

I have two hostages and in their init I have put

removeallweapons this; removeallitems this; removeheadgear this; removevest this; this unassignitem "nvgoggles"; this removeitem "nvgoggles"; this disableai "move"; this setcaptive true; 

I then have a trigger round them which is set to

[H1, H2] join p1,; h1 setcaptive false; h2 setcaptive false; h1 enableAI "move"; h2 enableai "move";

and for the second team leader a second trigger saying

[H1, H2] join p2; h1 setcaptive false; h2 setcaptive false; h1 enableAI "move"; h2 enableai "move"; 

So that either teamleader ( there are 2 teams ) can resuce the hostages.

What I am trying to do is get the hostages to join the team leaders group ( the one that rescues them ), and then be told to board an evac chopper.

I am trying to script the chopper to start flying in as soon as the Hostages are recaptured.

Edited by =WKV= Blackwatch

If I've understood you're question correctly you're asking how to initiate a helicopter to set off once the hostages are free. If yes there are a few ways of doing this. Probably simplest is by creating a transport load waypoint for the helicopter at the destination and synchronize it with the triggers. That should mean it only starts the waypoint once the trigger is activated. If you're unsure how to do this. Do a search for "syncronise waypoint to trigger"

I have got the hostages to join my group by a trigger. But no matter what I do I cant get them to follow me properly and get them to enter the evac chopper when it lands.

Edited by =WKV= Blackwatch

Make sure you outrank everyone so YOU are in command and can give orders.

For the Heli, just use the Virtual Support Heli and call it when & where you are ready.

Also recommend you AttachTo your triggers to everyone so they follow the Unit around

and double check your settings so they are triggered ONCE. You may be disabling "move"

over and over again and they are therefore stuck in place.

To attachTo a Trigger: trigName attachto [unitName, [0,0,0]];