Sign in to follow this  
Doodle

Task modules working with JIP - CO-OP - Hosted stable

Thought I would start a new thread as this may help some ppeps

I have just been messing with the task modules and have managed to get it working in a mission I made (8 player CO-OP, hosted, stable build). Mission starts first task is autamatically assigned to all players - if someone joins BEFORE task 1 is completed the they also get task 1 assigned to them. Once task 1 completes it automatically assigns task 2 to all players If someone joins AFTER task 1 has been completed then they get TASK 2 assigned. It was a bit hit and miss getting it to work but it seems to work perfectly and is JIP compatible

we have one squad of 8 blufor

Task 1 was simply to destroy Anti Air vehicle

make a CREATE TASK MOD synched to grp leader

make a SET TASK STATE MOD set to ASSIGNED synched to CREATE TASK MOD

make a SET TASK DESTINATION synched to CREATE TASK MOD and placed near the AA vehicle

make a second SET TASK STATE MOD set to SUCCEED and synched to a trigger thats is checking !alive aa1 and ALSO synched to CREATE TASK MOD

Task 2 was to go to a location

Make a second CREATE TASK MOD synched to grp leader (this will be task 2)

Make third SET TASK STATE MOD set to ASSIGNED synched to the tirgger mentioned above (checking !alive aa1) AND synched to the second CREATE TASK MOD

Make a second SET TASK DESTINATION synched to the second CREATE TASK MOD and placed near the location blufor need to get to.

Make a forth SET TASK STATE MOD (this is 4 so far) set to SUCCEED synched to a NEW trigger that is checking for blue players to be present in an area and to the second CREATE TASK MOD

and so on.

The trigger that checks when the Anti Air is destroyed does two things. It sets task 1 to suceeded and sets task 2 to assigned

Just to note I did not use any SET TASK DESCRIPTION MODS (I couldnt really work out what they were for) and it makes the editor look a mess with blue lines all over the place but it does work with jip.

It did appear that you have to setup ALL tasks before they appear correctly on HOSTED - from the editor it all looked ok when I was testing them out even though I had only setup 3 of the 5 tasks but when I tested on hosted the tasks appeared in the wrong order. Once I went back into editor and completed setting up the remaining two tasks then it worked fine on hosted.

Hope this helps

What happens if nobody is playing as the group leader?

Thought I would start a new thread as this may help some ppeps

The trigger that checks when the Anti Air is destroyed does two things. It sets task 1 to suceeded and sets task 2 to assigned

By using your approach - all tasks are created and visible right from the get go - so what is the point of assigning them additionally? Is this just to get the JIP part working as they are synched to triggers? Furthermore is there any way to unlock the tasks step by step for example by putting a an additional taskcompleted condition in the trigger?