Sign in to follow this  
DarkGiver

DarkGiver's Armory : SIG 55x PACK for Arma3. V1.0 is out !

Hello.

since patch 1.42 the Virtual Arsenal returns multiple entries for vanilla optics for sig55x weapon pack and recoil of Sig P226 pistol doesn t work due to changes in game mechanics in newest patch. Could it be possible to fix it.

Regards.

I have see the author of this mod around in a while. The vanilla optics showing is something than can be fixed with the config. The pistol maybe able to be fixed with a config as well just not sure how. (the pistol fix that is)

The pistol maybe able to be fixed with a config as well just not sure how. (the pistol fix that is)

The P226 pistol doesn t have recoil because patch 1.42 overhouled recoil scripting in the config files (please check RH pistol pack recent config update for description how it looks like now). Basically from what I can see in new config files architecture recoil was moved from firemods and sound subclasses to main body of config files in cfgWeapons/cfgRecoils it also changes inherent classes from: recoil="recoil_pistol_light"; and recoilprone="recoil_prone_pistol_light"; to recoil="recoil_pistol_p07";

I tried to changed it accordingly in config file and once changed it works ingame but I had to make some mistake in value or string placement architecture because it works but I receive error Size: bin/onnfigBin/cfgRecoils\recoil_pistol_p07"/ not an array (I am not an skilled config maker, sorry).

Thanks.

I'll look into it. If I can fix it with the config file I'll do it. However it might be a few days as I need to fix a random freeze up error in my rig first.

I'll look into it. If I can fix it with the config file I'll do it. However it might be a few days as I need to fix a random freeze up error in my rig first.

Great thanks, appreciate it.

As far as I know this is strictly config thing.

Please note, before altering someone's work you should always ask permission! As per rule:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

As far as I remember posting just an "optional" config file wouldnt be that much of a violation?

I'm talking about the .cfg, not the .pbo'd version.

As far as I remember posting just an "optional" config file wouldnt be that much of a violation?

I'm talking about the .cfg, not the .pbo'd version.

An "optional" config file to fix the issues of the recent patch would be ok, however it maybe still best to contact the author as they may already be working on a fix for the weapons. Especially as the update only came out last Thursday .

Please note, before altering someone's work you should always ask permission! As per rule:

If you had read previous post you would have seen that I am the author of the joint rails config. Which is the config that I was referring to.

I will try to get to updating the config later this week or weekend.

Edited by gobi42

If you had read previous post you would have seen that I am the author of the joint rails config. Which is the config that I was referring to.

I will try to get to updating the config later this week or weekend.

I can only only apologise if i misinterpreted your post, however your previous posts made no indication that you are the author of the joint rails config.

I can only only apologise if i misinterpreted your post, however your previous posts made no indication that you are the author of the joint rails config.

No worries man. a simple mis-communication. :)

@gobi42: Any progress on the updated config? From the technical standpoint, if you could do it, that would be fantastic.

Regards.

I'm still working on it. But so far I get it to work but the dialog you got pops up. I'm going to pm dark giver and see if he can update the mod. As I'm guessing there is something in the mod conflicting with the new code. And I can't change the mod as I don't have the source files.

So he is what I don't get. I changed the recoil on the sig assault rifles(even added it to the scar lk(another dead mod that hasn't been updated since before 1.24 update)) and both those work fine. But I still get that array error when dealing with the pistol.

I thought I saw you speak of a rh config file that fixed it, can you link me to it. Might be able to help

I've just PM'ed Gobi42 the solution, so expect him to post the fix soon.

Edited by Npk

I've just PM'ed Gobi42 the solution, so expect him to post the fix soon.

Great, thanks.

@gobi42: thanks for your hard work on this, @Npk: thanks for providing the fix.

Any plan to change reload animation?

I was going to pm him and see if he had planned on updating his mod, however I haven't seen the author since September of last year. And that is also the last time he was active on these forums. :-( Cause I would love to have darkgiver or someone do a sig mpx.

Any chance of a config that allows us to use different suppressors on these?