Sign in to follow this  
ov3rj0rd

Requesting Help - Scripting

Hello,

As the title suggests I m needing help with a little bit of scripting. I a making a domination kinda style mission on Altis. I would like to have base building like on wasteland but just that and nothing else. I have tried and tried to find what it uses but can't find it anywhere in the current wastelands. Please if anyone can help me that will be much appreciated.

I think the Wasteland creators/authors ... are using this -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94280-R3F-Artillery-and-Logistic-Manual-artillery-and-advanced-logistic-(mission-script)

Features :

Logistic :

- The player can carry objects and position them exactly as he wants (eg : static machine gun)

- Load/unload equipment in vehicles or containers

- A system of carrying capacity permits a realistic usage

- A large vehicle can transport small vehicles (eg : HMMWV in C130 ou motorcycle in MTVR)

- Tow equipment as an artillery piece

- Lift equipment as a vehicle, a container, an artillery piece, an ammo box, ...

- The logistic features of any object/vehicle can be disabled/enabled at any time

Hey Valixx,

Thank you for the reply! I feel even more stupid now as it was right under my nose! :P Im still pretty new to this.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Hey and another thing. I have also been trying to find a good 3D Editor for Altis.. There is this one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21924 but I cant seem to get it to work on Altis.

Hey Yonose I am actually trying to find a 3D editor for placing objects on the map. But Thank you for Reply! :)

I am also still trying to figure out the base building if you would like to help me out with that. I have R3F working now, the only thing is I cant seem to figure out how the objects actually spawn around map?

Thanks,

OV3RJ0RD

3D editor:

Create an empty file called:

... Documents\Arma 3 Other Profiles\ArmAName\missions\3d.Stratis\mission.biedi

Create a shortcut with the target of:

" ... \Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" " ... Documents\Arma 3 Other Profiles\ArmAName\missions\3d.Stratis\mission.biedi" -nosplash

Run that shortcut. replacing ... with proper values of course.

Hi Kylania, Thanks for the help! I am also needing help with with my original question. Like I said, I have R3F working, I just need to figure out how to get the base building objects spawn around the map?

Thanks,

OV3RJ0RD

Hi OV3RJ0RD,

a sure bet is to look into:

- dir 'server' file init.sqf calls

- dir 'server/functions' file objectspawning.sqf calls

- dir 'server/spawning' file objectcreation.sqf

i dont think i totally understand..

Can't you make the base you want in the editor, and then make a script code that makes it spawn randomly ?

my last was a bit cryptic as i was on a run.

a list with all spawnable baseparts is in: server\functions\serverVars.sqf

//Object List - Random Spawns.
objectList =
[
"B_supplyCrate_F",
"B_supplyCrate_F",
"CamoNet_BLUFOR_big_F",
"CamoNet_BLUFOR_F",
"CamoNet_BLUFOR_open_F",
"CamoNet_INDP_big_F",
"CamoNet_INDP_F",
"CamoNet_INDP_open_F",