Sign in to follow this  
surfer

[SP]_Tango_Down_by_Surfer

I have updated one of my favorite missions so far:

30hvpmc.jpg

If you loved the classic Rainbow Six this mission is for you: We have reason to believe that the terrorist group "Brown Thunder" is using the facilities in your target area to develop explosives and prepare suicide missions against us and our allies. Eliminate this threat by destroying enemy vehicles that could be used for bombings and kill any opposing forces.

A lot of thanks to Laqueesha for his ongoing support at the voice department!

To install just save the .pbo in your Arma3/Missions folder and start via Play/Scenario

Also available on Steam Workshop

Download the latest version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uc38c826m7twmke/%5BSP%5D_Tango_Down_by_Surfer.Altis.pbo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22823

Changes include revised spotting distance of the AI, finetuned loadout and added a weapons crate for some alternative gear.

Edited by Surfer
Replaced with a new version

Also, your TASK are set in the ocean.

And, objects on the deck are about 2 meters off the ground (containers).

You need to go back in and check these out....will wait when you have fixed them.

Thanks for your comments! So the containers are not falling down by gravity when you play it? Will also place the tasks on land even though they didn't show at all in my game.

Will rework it and upload the new version once I have the Arma3 update finished.

Damn, got hyped as soon as I saw logo and the text on the picture :D Now I can't wait for the fixed version, don't wanna spoil it by trying the mission now.

Version 1.1 is up

- fixed levitating objects

- fixed tasks

- added marker

- added further voices

- this time just the .pbo

Good hunting and don't hesitate to comment!

Great remake mate, very fun to play. I don't really have anything bad to say about it really, good job!

Dirty Haz

Really enjoyed this, got any more up your sleeve?

Over and out!

I need to rework "Hunt for Akazi" and "Abandoned Village" which are both beta before I will put out new missions.

Thanks for your comments!

Thank you for this! Especially loved the moments where you hear the bad guys talking "I think I heard something"! Nice work!

Surfer, can I make a coop ver of this please?

Dirty Haz

Got the coop version finished, PM me if you would like to test it! I would need some feedback before I release it because I can only play single player.

Edited by Surfer

Very nice work Surfer, though I'm convinced the AI can still see better in the fog/rain than players....

Great Ambience. I did accidentally fall in the sea, and discovered that the ladder on the other side of the boatyard doesn't work...

Also where'd you get the ship from? I assume its a hidden object?

Next step, get it onto the Steam Workshop!

Great you liked it! The SP is already up on steam workshop, the CP needs some testers first.

Too bad about the ladder, it's part of the map, I can't edit it. You can find the ship under empty objects/ships, unfortunately the player can't stand on it.

How about posting some screenshots, everybody?

I am planning to do a video record tomorrow with a few friends. I will post it here when it is done. :)

Dirty Haz

Nice job Surfer, I really liked the mission. Though like gnarly_rider said, AI definitely see you through fog (on veteran, when I tried it on regular, seemed fine to me), I even turned on third person to look at their position behind cover, and try to spot them (just to test if they can see better then me, or it's just that I am terrible at spotting them). And no way I could see some of the guys that were shooting at me, even though I knew exactly from where he is shooting.

Though that definitely is not your fault, the reason i'm saying this is because you could maybe provide us with a parameter in your mission to maybe ease up on the fog, or remove it completely?

Also, if you still need testers for your coop mission, I will be happy to help.

New version uploaded. Find it at the first post!

Thanks, what are the changes?

Dirty Haz

Changelog v1.2:

- slightly reduced fog

- reduced AI spotting distance

- finetuned loadout

- added weapons crate for some optional gear

Tried the SP mission version, and I am favourably impressed by this little mission. The fog and the voiceovers really give you the "Rainbow Six" vibe, very well executed in the ambiance department. Looking forward to stumbling over a few more missions from you.

Thanks a lot, Mathias!

You might want to try "Close Quarters", also in the R6 department or "Grey Ops", which reminded me of the swamp missions in Ghost Recon.

Currently I'm working with IndeedPete on a larger scale post-apocalyptic Stalker-like project. Feel free to click our development blog on the below banner!