Sign in to follow this  
bulletoothdan

Post release classname changes are affecting user missions

You have got to be kidding me? i have spent days making a new training area for my group, having built my new base in the salt marshes as the spawn point i placed control towers, military barracks, military offices, aircraft, vehicles, boats, targets, containers, piers, pallets for a walk way round the kill house range i built over 3000 objects in total including all the players, logic's and modules etc and guess what! not a single thing is backwards compatible! i now have to go and delete most of the mission as virtually everything that WAS in the editor isnt anymore! WTF! you want modders to release there stuff and yet you have screwed us all over! we spend hours and hours making missions for us and our groups and yet you dont give the support to those of us who spend days getting buildings and other items into usable editor objects so that we can use them to build better maps than you produce that we want to play on! Who the hell wants to lay on a beach or assault a beach that is full of sunbeds! where is that "military"? sim or otherwise! Why why! what is the matter with you lot are you completly blind and deaf are you not reading the forums? are you not listening to the people who have spent there money on your "game" Have you seen how many of the servers are down right now? have you any idea how many missions are now broken!

GET A GRIP!

One extremely unhappy Arma OFP/1/2/OA/PMC etc etc player with over 350 hours game time!

what is the error(s) you are getting? post the rpt log file please

Agreed, the fact that you need extra mods to access more buildings in the editor is already really bad and to mess with class names after final?!? Is Bis being serious? Are they retarded?

One step forward and 5 steps back.

I am the same person as above........

Edited by Foxhound

@.kju thanks for the comment i know what the issue is and so posting the rpt file wont help anyone, the post is really about the fact that stuff that modders spend hours making and as a mission maker of sorts, i spend hours building missions with their items in, because BIS either dont allow us access to them from there own editor, or just cant be bothered to put them in or simply take them out when they do updates and the frustration it causes having spent days building a training area, which is still to be finished, only to find that the mods you have loaded for editor objects arent compatible anymore or BIS has removed buildings for whatever reason. I assume this is about performance seeing as it seems that placing lots of objects like buildings and the like effect it so badly. When they do updates if they value the modding community and build maps for the community to build missions on, and lets face it, it is what we do best, then they should make these things backwards compatible. There is no point fixing something that aint broke.

As for banning Rage well i have to say i find that a bit harsh, i would imagine he is as frustrated as me, and perhaps chose his words wrongly or unwisely but surely that give you some idea how frustrated some people are about this.

This is my latest error any ideas?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.land_bw_SetBig_TubeG_F'

Looks like you're trying to use a mission with Alpha content with a Release client. That was never guaranteed to work. Also, 3000 objects for a base is a little excessive isn't it?

Come on guys.

Converting a mission due to class-names changing isn't THAT much of trouble.

i.e.

1)Unpack your mission from .pbo form to shown as folder

2)Use Notepad++ (i m sure there are other alternatives also..but this is what I m using).

3)Open mission folder documents in N++

4)Search for replace command

5)type in 1st field the *old class name i.e. "Katiba_old_XX"

6)Type in 2nd field the *new class name i.e. "Katimbba_new_uber"

=======

Executing this.. all *old class names in the folder (all open documents) will be replaced by *new classname

=======

7) repeat the procedure with another class name that has been changed..

You can't convert from an object that existed to one that doesn't exist anymore.

This isn't a case of "Oh, the classname of a gun changed" it's "Oh, that object simply doesn't exist anymore". So he could easily change those pipes to a sandbag or something, but there's nothing in the current cfgVehicles that resembles "tubeG" that might be the same object with a new name.

The item is coral reef tube thingies. These, along with LOTS of other objects were removed with today's patch. Till they are added back in, his coral lined uber base is gonna have to downsize.

A lot of objects have had their classnames erased from the game, meaning they can only be seen as permanent map objects. I believe it's some sort of performance optimization.

Looks like you're trying to use a mission with Alpha content with a Release client. That was never guaranteed to work. Also, 3000 objects for a base is a little excessive isn't it?

Nope see above it seems that i have placed some coral somewhere! 3000 objects isnt just the base, but by the time you place hesco, containers, targets, buildings, concrete walls etc etc as well as players, vehicles, statics, and all the other stuff you need for a new base in the salt lakes 3000 objects isnt a lot and no its not all coral!

@ Beerkan Didn't somebody do something about how to convert Alpha Missions to Beta?

Yes they did but this isnt alpha content it was things that were in editors and yes they were third party, but they are all bis objects.

@GiorgyGR really! have you not read the point of the post!? why should i have to!! make stuff backwards compatable! and dont take stuff out that people need/want/use becuase of performance tell us its an issue and let US decide what we want to use! i am not that good or skilled that i can or even would unpbo my mission or even easier go to the mission.sqm and start messing with it! i have tried it and failed!

@ all this was a set of ranges that spread over the whole north of the island with military style construction at the airport and a whole new base bult at the salt marshes, a boat training area built in the sea with a range and diving area just off shore, so 3000 objects is not a lot! the point is that objects have been removed meaning that they dont exist anymore based on performance! that has caused lots of missions of mine where i have built new bases, because i am not happy with any of the bis built areas for my group, thos eobjects no longer exist i cant build streets with houses, offices, shops, or anything else for that matter, oh its great if i want to put down an incomplete large tower bunker with the hesco missing, but thats about it! and i am sure that someone will tell me that i can go into the classconfig editor thingy and place objects from there, my answer is yes i am sure you can assuming you understand what and how to do this, and i DONT! thats why i use the editor and third party editor objects!