Sign in to follow this  
Timberwolf056

Game freze and crash after a few mins playing,after update.

I got Arma 3 a few days ago and it played fine. After today's update I can go in a server and play for about 2-3 mins and game freezes. I go to task manager and it says Arma 3 not responding. I only started having this issue after the update today before that it worked fine.

Yup, same here. Game crashes at least every hour, sometimes way less.

Running -nologs atm so no logs (duh...), but I'm too lazy and tired to fire the game up again and wait for it to crash. Might post an .rpt tomorrow after running w/o -nologs.

For now, my best guess is that the PhysX3_x86.dll error returned - at least that's what windows tells. Although it switches between faulting PhysX3_x86.dll and just arma3.exe for the crashes.

Was just playing Wastelands ARMA3 on two seperate lots of Servers (UK2,3 and 4 hosted by Inch and Servers 1, 2 and 3 hosted by DP), ranging between 36 and 64 slot and every 5/10/15 minutes literally half the server would be dropped with a generic Steam message.

I've been disco'd 13 times tonight in four hours now and all of the .rpt files list the same thing: PhysX3_x86.dll

I'm not sure why this would even be running on my system considering I'm AMD - Does this still need to be run so that AMD can do it's own emulated physics thingy?

Extremely frustrating.

OK the fix for me was to UPDATE CURRENT VIDEO DRIVERS. After doing so seems like the problem has fixed itself. I think it has something to do with the phys x engine. Try that it worked for me.

i will post my results and see if it works

PS. Didnt work for me!!!!

Edited by AccaccuH

Well, it shouldn't, because arma uses CPU based PhysX and not GPU based. New or updated GPU drivers should have no influence on that.

i did deleted the file physx3 from the arma file then i reinstalled it, the i switched in my nvidia options from CPU to GPU physx usage!!!

gpu.jpg

it did helped me! i wish it could help you guys!!!

i deleted the physix files from arma 3 there were 4 of them and reinstalled using steam and still not working

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

its the update thats screwed our game up not ur machines as everyone is dropping like flies i wish BI would tell us what there doing to fix it abit of customer care (after sales) would be nice than letting us play the guessing game