Sign in to follow this  
Itabraga

Task problem with multiplayer mode

Hello guys, i tried any configs for create a mission with tasks, all configs work fine in editor , but i tried to create a pbo and put then on multiplayer server and tasks not load , sometimes load for just one player, etc etc. Anyone know a way that works to create tasks in multiplayer mode without any error?:confused:

The "Create task" modules had some problems at release. Mainly, "Set task destination" and "Set task state" modules are required to make the task work properly. This should be fixed in today's patch.

Any mode to create tasks are bugged in multiplayer?

Nah. But you'll need to go back to the stone age and do them manually to make them JIP / MP compatible. I wouldn't count on any of the modules being MP compatible. Well, unless they took that into accout this time & made them work good for MP.

Nah. But you'll need to go back to the stone age and do them manually to make them JIP / MP compatible. I wouldn't count on any of the modules being MP compatible. Well, unless they took that into accout this time & made them work good for MP.

Any suggestion? Have you a example how to create a task working in MP mission? Some picture or tutorial ?

if the modules are not fully MP compatible should we just use things like setTaskState in the activation field? I've noticed this bug too. My "mission failed if civilians are killed" script works like 95% of the time and it's annoying.

Any suggestion? Have you a example how to create a task working in MP mission? Some picture or tutorial ?

I've done no MP scripting in ages. If you're making MP maps though, the first two things you'll need to get sorted are markers & tasks for MP. Mainly making them JIP compatible. Getting them to initialize for all players at the start shouldn't be a problem though. It's always JIP that causes stress =P

Please use code brackets & post your init.sqf & your briefing / task file.

note: Always lead off by posting any files involved.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

if the modules are not fully MP compatible should we just use things like setTaskState in the activation field? I've noticed this bug too. My "mission failed if civilians are killed" script works like 95% of the time and it's annoying.

Yeah lets see if we can get that sorted. Let Itabraga post his files & maybe you (we) can learn from what gets fixed. I'm not a super guru, but I've been around & I'll try & help. If not, then someone else will save the day :)

Edited by Pac Man

I have just been messing with the task modules and have managed to get it working in a mission I made (8 player CO-OP, hosted, stable build). Mission starts first task is autamatically assigned to all players - if someone joins BEFORE task 1 is completed the they also get task 1 assigned to them. Once task 1 completes it automatically assigns task 2 to all players If someone joins AFTER task 1 has been completed then they get TASK 2 assigned. It was a bit hit and miss getting it to working but it seems to work perfectly and is JIP compatible

we have one squad of 8 blufor

Task 1 was simply to destroy Anti Air vehicle

make a CREATE TASK MOD synched to grp leader

make a SET TASK STATE MOD set to ASSIGNED synched to CREATE TASK MOD

make a SET TASK DESTINATION synched to CREATE TASK MOD and placed near the AA vehicle

make a second SET TASK STATE MOD set to SUCCEED and synched to a trigger thats is checking !alive aa1 and ALSO synched to CREATE TASK MOD

Task 2 was to go to a location

Make a second CREATE TASK MOD synched to grp leader (this will be task 2)

Make third SET TASK STATE MOD set to ASSIGNED synched to the tirgger mentioned above (checking !alive aa1) AND synched to the second CREATE TASK MOD

Make a second SET TASK DESTINATION synched to the second CREATE TASK MOD and placed near the location blufor need to get to.

Make a forth SET TASK STATE MOD (this is 4 so far) set to SUCCEED synched to a NEW trigger that is checking for blue players to be present in an area and to the second CREATE TASK MOD

and so on.

The trigger that check when the Anti Air is destroyed does two things. Its sets task 1 to suceeded and sets task 2 to assigned

Just to note I did not use any SET TASK DESCRIPTION MODS (I couldnt really work out what they were for) and it makes the editor look a mess with blue lines all over the place but it does work with jip.

It did appear that you have to setup ALL tasks before they appear correctly on HOSTED - from the editor it all looked ok when I was testing them out even though I had only setup 3 of the 5 tasks but when I tested hosted the tasks appeared in the wrong order. Once I went back into editor and completed setting the remaining two tasks then it worked fine on hosted.

Hope this helps

I would like add here that no scripting is needed for the tasks modules to work in Multiplayer.

When you insert the "create task" module you have four choices on the "Owner" drop-down:

• Synchronized objects only
  • Groups of synchronized objects
  • Sides of synchronized units
  • All playable units

If you select "All playable units" then all players connecting to the server will get the same tasks.

I will try this, one of the kind to create task i use is an example below :

taskModuleArma3.jpg

But when a player disconnect and others remains in the game, the mission continues and this same player re-connect the tasks not appear again for him.

I will try this, one of the kind to create task i use is an example below :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56158717/taskModuleArma3.jpg

But when a player disconnect and others remains in the game, the mission continues and this same player re-connect the tasks not appear again for him.

Yeah. Vanilla modules, for the most part have never been reliable in MP.