Sign in to follow this  
TGxAethius

ARMA3 patch 1.02 discussion

I got a massive improvement in overall smoother gameplay, accompanied by an increased amount of crashes, it's a double-edged sword.

Now i get about twice the FPS on Altis then Stratis. Stratis runs like sh*t atm.

Altis the opposite, very good now in singleplayer.

Yeah Altis is awesome. I am getting 50 - 60 fps on a fricken laptop. No ai of course but compared to the 15 fps I was getting at the start of alpha on Stratis on 640P I am in heaven. MP of course is still another story.

So if I buy the ARMA3 Standard Edition through Amazon, will I have to download like 5gb of updates? The problem is that I only have 10gb of bandwidth each month and that would cost me a ton of $$.

:\

So if I buy the ARMA3 Standard Edition through Amazon, will I have to download like 5gb of updates? The problem is that I only have 10gb of bandwidth each month and that would cost me a ton of $$.

:\

Depends on what they're selling. If it's a digital download, you'll get a Steam key and will download the full game at it's current update level. If it's a disk with data on it, you can either just enter the Steam key and download the whole thing from there or use the disk to install whatever is on it and patch the file difference, depending on how different the data on the disk is.

Isn't the latest patch 1.06???

Yes it is but the point being, what is the patch number on the retail copies of the game?

There's an example. What version would this product come with?

1.00 I guess, anyway once you will complete the installation, steam will update the game (if you let it to do so).