Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

If you create the variable on the mission server side and use publicvariable "VarName" then all clients get this on joining the server.

use that as a sort of 'key' to the gear saving.

data is saved in the .var file in the players profile. its not a huge problem not clearing it out, it just makes the file larger. unless a huges amount of data is being saved I can't see any problems.

Maybe it gets slower as the file increases.

Edited by KevsnoTrev
don't use pv client unless you know which client ID to point the var to.....

Good point but I like saving data would there be any way of saving if the player had been on the mission before (server side)? and then just don't run the load previous gear, within a minute it will be reset.

Has anyone seen the issue where towns just stop spawning hostiles and go green as soon as you enter.

Yes, i thought it was fixed but can't see why it happens. A clue to this is that the towns before have fewer and fewer enemies.

Usually happens after server has been running for over a day.

you may have a different timing.

our server doesn't have a RTP because it would slow the already strained server down. Ill look to see if its scripted in as part of the objectives.

We have had a look at how the zone ends, it just seems to enter a loop checking for hostile units. we are testing the theory of once its cleared to delete the EOS zone stuff completely.

i think it may be the spawning of the units that does not happen on some instances when the mission is running for long periods.

as stated above this would then return true when the loop checks for hostiles.

The effect we think is happening is that on my version you don't have to kill everything, so left over units and these looping triggers are causing a slight effect on the server each time until the server is running so slow the end trigger is spawned before enough units have time to spawn and therefore the zone clears.

Its possible its linked to the side limit of groups being 144 we have no idea how to solve this issue atm I will post if we figure it out.

Edited by john681611

so I have seen the issue when multiple towns are activated either by being flown over or people being spread out. If too many cities are activated then you will start seeing towns being liberated. I´ve seen if you move away from the area it will go from bright red back to normal and sometimes you can prevent the limit being reached.

Is this mission being maintained at all?

No not really sorry, I'm planning on doing a full rewrite for my clan if i get permission i may release it.

We've been having some issues with the Vehicle Service points.

It only seems to work sporadically in the past but now neither of the Service points work at all. We drive (or land) a vehicle onto the service point, but no window comes up to do with Repairing/Resupplying.

Just wondering if this is a known issue and whether there are any possible fixes?

Many thanks in advance,

we only have ever used the box repair but both systems are unnecessarily complex a issue could of occurred.

I see, has anyone tried contacting the author via steam?

The issue with Vehicle Service Points is that the repair lockout timer is based on the vehicle's name in the editor. EOS and other dynamically spawned vehicles have no name, so if you repair ONE of them, they ALL go on the repair cooldown.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

john681611, if you get permission for a rewrite, I'd love to help. Message me on steam at this name and I can send you a copy of my customized version of this to look at if you wish.

This is a bottom up rewrite (from scratch) mainly for my clan, If I do make it public it will only have the same basic concept in common.

Here is my list of possible changes if your interested:

Changes:

Reduce area zones are to 1/2 or 1/4 map. (random parameter)

Better gear save system maybe a box at base. - -ve not helpful for crash/disconnect +ve forces better resource management.

MHQ replaced by new respawn system - Look into tents / sleeping bags by BI

Logistics system reduced to one. (towing loading carrying)

EOS tuned to self clean or replaced by better. (maybe a completely different way of having hostiles)

Loot to match hostile system.

clean up script (if necessary)

Teleportation to respawns.

Base redesign.

repairs & medic back to BI system (may keep knockout)

Hello! In one of the earlier versions of this mission was a problem with the capture of anti-aircraft missiles planes and helicopters. In later they fix this problem. Tell me how to do it?

Changelog:

vB634

Added a small fix to Get/Set Loadout Autosave to prevent it from breaking missile locks.

Edited by Disab

Keep_loadout.sqf needs to be changed to this.

//Launcher Array
sleep 30;
if !((isnil {profilenamespace getvariable "Resist_LR_loadout"}) AND (isnil {profilenamespace getvariable "Resist_LR_Number"})) then {
if(profilenamespace getvariable "Resist_LR_Number" == Number) then {
systemChat "Loading Gear";
[player,profilenamespace getvariable "Resist_LR_loadout"] spawn setLoadout;
};
};

sleep 10;
[] spawn {
_launch = ["launch_NLAW_F","launch_RPG32_F","launch_B_Titan_F","launch_I_Titan_F","launch_O_Titan_F","launch_B_Titan_short_F","launch_I_Titan_short_F","launch_O_Titan_short_F"];
   while{true} do {
   _weaponClass = currentWeapon player;
       if(!(_weaponClass in _launch)) then {
           if(alive player) then {
		systemChat "Saving Gear";
               loadout = [player] call getLoadout;
			profilenamespace setvariable ["Resist_LR_loadout",loadout];
			profilenamespace setvariable ["Resist_LR_Number",Number];
           };
           };
   sleep 60;  
   };