Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

Releasing b.57: http://www.mediafire.com/download/95fb0kbrvy54oeo/co_36_resistance_b6.Altis.pbo

[*]Updated TCB Revive to latest version (should fix several issues that popped up in .55/6)

[*]Added custom script to allow teleporting to Mobile from base flag

[*]Added aeroson's Get and Set Loadout scripts to maintain inventories

[*]fixed multiple little issues

[/List]

I found the items I was trying to edit with regards to the EOS. Thanks very much for your assistance.

Now I would like to try editing the following. But I can't seem to find what I need and if I did. to be honest I wouldn't even know it as I am very new to editing.

1. Turning off the attack this item and then have it being bracketed by a red box. (Even on verteran.)

2. Disabling the hexagons that denote your squad. (Without needing to resort to playing the mission on Elite. But if that's what needs to be done. Then that's fine by me.)

3. Disabling the text/weapon that displays on bottom left of screen.

4. How to make units respawn with their previous loadout? (Currently testing the use of Get/Set save load out script Click Here But want to ask if it's going to break anything before using.)

Much appreciated,

HaveANiceDay

Hello,

We have been enjoying the new update!

We have encountered 2 problems.

#1 We can no longer lock onto the enemy helicopters with titan AA. The diamond will lock about halfway and then start over. It does this repeatedly and we can never fully lock.

#2 Some of the places do not deactivate. Currently, the Northwest Airfield and Syrta are in dark red and nobody is near there. When we go over there, there are no enemies, so we can't really take those places.

I would send you another .rpt file, but it currently has 3653159 lines of SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly, making it impossible to look at. That issue seems to be a bug though http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7136.

I will see if I can get that cleaned up though. Notepad++ has been locked up for about 30 minutes trying to remove those lines.

edit:

I am going to guess this has something to do with the not deactivating part

21:52:29 Error in expression <ctivated getvariable _grpID;
_vehicle = _veh select 0;_crew = _veh select 1;_grp>
21:52:29   Error position: <_veh select 0;_crew = _veh select 1;_grp>
21:52:29   Error ||: Undefined variable in expression: _veh
21:52:29 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\EOS\EOS_Core.sqf, line 231

Here are some other others

You can download the cleaned up rpt file here. I got rid of all of arma 3's errors so you can just focus on yours.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTeMG8Iijz8S2ozMVBPVE1Jd3c/edit?usp=sharing

18:41:57 Error in expression <nce\modules\images\fia_camo.paa"]; this setSide WEST;>
18:41:57   Error position: <setSide WEST;>
18:41:57   Error setside: Type Object, expected Location
18:41:57 Error in expression <nce\modules\images\fia_camo.paa"]; this setSide WEST;>
18:41:57   Error position: <setSide WEST;>
18:41:57   Error setside: Type Object, expected Location
18:41:57 Error in expression <s\module_cleanup\init.sqf";

[if !isnul HC] execVM "core\scripts\hc_tele.sqf";

>
18:41:57   Error position: <HC] execVM "core\scripts\hc_tele.sqf";

>
18:41:57   Error Missing ]
18:41:57 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\initServer.sqf, line 3

19:21:05 Error in expression <wNotification;
_LootCaseEnder = 1; if (!isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
19:21:05   Error position: <isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
19:21:05   Error isnil: Type Number, expected String,code
19:21:05 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\support\scripts\LootReward.sqf, line 37

19:43:19 Error in expression <At _victim;
sleep 1;
{_unit addMagazine _weaponmag;} forEach [1,2,3,4];
_unit ad>
19:43:19   Error position: <_weaponmag;} forEach [1,2,3,4];
_unit ad>
19:43:19   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weaponmag
19:43:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\ambience\scripts\ws_assassins.sqf, line 298
sleep 1;
_unit ad>
_unit ad>
19:43:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\ambience\scripts\ws_assassins.sqf, line 298
sleep 1;
_unit ad>
_unit ad>
sleep 1;
_unit ad>
_unit ad>

21:02:24 Error in expression <wNotification;
_LootCaseEnder = 1; if (!isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
21:02:24   Error position: <isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
21:02:24   Error isnil: Type Number, expected String,code
21:02:24 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\support\scripts\LootReward.sqf, line 45

21:56:05 Error in expression < reinforcements.";
_caseEnder = 1; if (!isnil _CaseEnder) exitWith [true]};

cas>
21:56:05   Error position: <isnil _CaseEnder) exitWith [true]};

cas>
21:56:05   Error isnil: Type Number, expected String,code
21:56:05 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\core\scripts\tower_check.sqf, line 20

22:01:02 Error in expression <

_inc = 0.01; 

if (_currentaccuracy < _originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
22:01:02   Error position: <_originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
22:01:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: _originalaccuracy
22:01:02 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\enemy\modules\tpwcas\tpwcas_incskill.sqf, line 30

22:20:22 Error in expression <mat ["loot%1",random 100000],_rarePos]; _airPosMarker setMarkerType "mil_dot"; _>
22:20:22   Error position: <_airPosMarker setMarkerType "mil_dot"; _>
22:20:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _airposmarker
22:20:22 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\support\scripts\LootReward.sqf, line 96
22:20:22 Error in expression <mat ["loot%1",random 100000],_cityPos]; _airPosMarker setMarkerType "mil_dot"; _>
22:20:22   Error position: <_airPosMarker setMarkerType "mil_dot"; _>
22:20:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _airposmarker
22:20:22 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\support\scripts\LootReward.sqf, line 98
22:20:22 Error in expression <HK_Taskmaster_upd;
_caseEnder = 1; if (!isnil _CaseEnder) exitWith [true]};

cas>
22:20:22   Error position: <isnil _CaseEnder) exitWith [true]};

cas>
22:20:22   Error isnil: Type Number, expected String,code
22:20:22 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\core\scripts\city_check.sqf, line 17

Edited by brians200

The Titan issue sounds really bizarre, I'll have to hop on sometime to check that out in person.

Line 231 of EOS_Core is in the Helicopter caching, so it's possible it might be freaking out that it can't find a heli to cache for whatever reason.

I'll take a look at the rest of these errors when I get a chance.

The Titan issue sounds really bizarre, I'll have to hop on sometime to check that out in person.

Line 231 of EOS_Core is in the Helicopter caching, so it's possible it might be freaking out that it can't find a heli to cache for whatever reason.

I'll take a look at the rest of these errors when I get a chance.

Even after a restart, the titan issue still exists. If you want to join the server to try it, Filter for "EPD" and it should be the only server. Another weird issue is rifle lasers won't stay on.

Hey we have noticed the clear up is far to fast when working in small groups we can't get any gear because its deleting before we can fight our way there. p.s I have made very little headway with my code but i can give you the latest version (in one file) to mess with if you want.

Why trucks have only 3 spots for loading and unloading equipment? They shall have atleast 5-7.

Also some looted vehicles tend to disappear, like T-100 which I found somewhere empty and undamaged, then when I parked it outside of the base (outside of the blue circle) I left the game for few minutes and when I joined back the tank disappeared.

Edited by Matosh

Hey we have done some more testing we find that when the server is empty the MHQ deletes and never re-spawns, you can teleport to it but it is its last position.

Hi,

first of all Kinch thanks 4 this great mission, we r running it for a while on our dedicated server and so far we r lovin it ;)

We found 2 bugs in the latest ver0.57:

• whenever the MHQ is destroyed it does not respawn
  • whatever time u set in the parameters it always reverts to 0:00 midnight

Corpses disappear little bit too fast, by the time you kill the bad guys and secure the area/objective you don't have much time to loot the dead bodies and especially when you have empty ammo box in the vehicle and that vehicle is far behind then you have to run back to grab it and by the time you get to the bodies with the vehicle and ammo box those dead bodies are already gone or starting to disappear. - 30 min would be fine for the dead bodies to stay on the map

It only happened to me one time, empty ammo box disappeared when I unloaded it from the Zamak Transport truck (the one you have in main base). I left it outside for few minutes and when I got back to fill it up with weapons it was already gone.

Enemy helicopters disappear little bit too fast after they get shot down, which you can repair it and take it after you kill the helicopter crew of course.

Enemy helicopters respawn too fast. For ex. once you shot down one Mi-48 Kajman, 5-15 minutes later there is another one flying around.

It would be nice for the administrators to be able to lock the vehicles. If you can add that kind of code or script.

Woodland/urban type custom camouflage for the air and ground vehicles would be better instead of that desert looking one which we have now.

Edited by Matosh

Woodland/urban type custom camouflage for the air and ground vehicles would be better instead of that desert looking one which we have now.

You loose allot of detail with a simple blanket camouflage texture used at the moment, would it not be better to have some way of identifying the vehicle as captured. Is there not a way to add a custom insignia onto the vehicle just like the clan logos.

You loose allot of detail with a simple blanket camouflage texture used at the moment, would it not be better to have some way of identifying the vehicle as captured. Is there not a way to add a custom insignia onto the vehicle just like the clan logos.

It would be possible, however it'd require a custom texture per vehicle to get it to line up properly (sort of like THIS is what I'm guessing is what you're suggesting), and since AI aren't affected by the texture it makes more sense to do a generic texture for the player's sake.

However, I will admit I'm not the greatest at making textures. So feel free to take a swing at making a better one.

whenever the MHQ is destroyed it does not respawn

Sounds like a locality issue, I had moved the Mobile to BIS' built-in function to make use of the built-in respawn menu. I'll move it back to the other respawn method.

Cleanup timers will be adjusted for next version.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Releasing b.58: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mr8mhv36k53rua/co_36_resistance_b8.Altis.pbo

Changelog:

• Hill AOs eliminated in favor of "Checkpoint AOs", these are randomly placed around larger towns and manned by AAF forces. They are also hidden on the map but very easy to take out once located.
  • Disabled deleting Abandoned Vehicles entirely and increased all other cleanup timers significantly.
  • Adjusted EOS to spawn Urban units in the objective cities only
  • Mission adjusted to match BIS canon through "Adapt" (AAF is now hostile to BLUFOR)

Too many empty vehicles are spawning on the island, I was able to get 4 armored vehicles from just one part of the island. Number of empty vehicles which are spawned on the island should be set to very minimum because if you gather a lot of vehicles then the rest of the mission is too easy.

If you can load fortifications then why you can't load static weapons into the vehicle? Dismantled static weapons takes to much space in the vehicle/box inventory.

It would be great to have a code or script which will reload supply trucks (repair, fuel and ammo trucks) capacity for rearming, refueling and repairing, because you can not reload their capacity if you are far away from the base. When you spend their capacity and there is no way of reloading it then those trucks are pretty much useless. If we could have that code or script for reloading supply trucks capacity then those trucks would be very useful, but chance of getting one of those trucks as a reward after capturing the town or village should be very rare.

Since enemies can get static weapons like mortar in towns and villages, then why are they not using it?

The AA titan missiles are still broken. While attempting to lock, it will restart about half way through the lock sequence...

first of all, great mission man, me and my friends are enjoying it and its the only mission we run at the moment on our server.

some feedback:

did you consider implementing a tow script to the mission?

in my opinion its the only thing the mission is lecking, logistically speaking.

when playing in small groups, handling all the vehicles can be a pain in the S.

ill give you another example why i needed the tow script.

we disabled the mi48 chopper and it landed in a way that its rotter is stuck on an electricity post. lecking a better idea we tried pushing it away with a truck taking the risk it will explode in the process... well it did :D

if only we could have towed it :D

i know that wasteland missions have a build in tow script similar to the one used on arma2 ACE without the roping system.

another thing is the titan missiles.

missile lock is still a problem as mentioned by others earlier.

last thing, could you make the spawn radius of enemies near AO's an editable option in the mission settings?

regardless of the minor setbacks this mission has, its still imo the best multiplayer experience currently available for arma 3.

thank you for that.

I've noticed several things:

• when I'm injured and in need 4 a medic, I lose my squad lead position, after my mate first aids me I try 2 regain the squad leader postion in my team but my AI keeps taking it back and won't let me stay as squad leader
  • as far as the mentioned vehicle count - I don't think it's too much spawning coz I lose a lot vehicles in battles (maybe it's my lack of skill :) ) maybe this could be something u can tweak as a parameter
  • it would be helpful if I could teleport together with AI to the mobile/AF, coz once u start conquering far parts of Altis it's tiresome driving to the base to recruit AIs and then drive back to AO
  • it's quite difficult to find the enemy AI in big towns i.e. Kavala, especially static AI hiding in houses http://i61.tinypic.com/kd77ts.jpg (159 kB)

And yes, it's my favourite Arma 3 coop mission right now. Thanks Kinch :cool:

Great mission, thanks for your hard work. I have a question for LKincheloe: someone mentioned in this thread that they could save the mission state and continue the next day. How is this done?

Question for the community: I'm having a problem getting the Headless Client to work with this (v B.58) on our dedicated server. Can anyone help me please? The Server and HC client are being launched from the same physical server.

I've tried different methods and I'm using ASM to determine if HC is working by seeing if the HC FPS and CPS drops when AI are added. I had to create a key for ASM to allow the HC client to connect with ASM enabled

Test 1: Launch Server, enable HC slot in parameters then launch HC and admin reassign it into the HC slot on Opfor. This results in AO markers not appearing on the map.

Test 2: Launch Server, disable HC slot in parameters then launch HC and admin reassign it into the HC slot on Opfor. This results in AO markers appearing but no apparent usage of the HC.

I'm new to using HC so perhaps someone can let me know the exact steps to get HC working please and is there a better way to see if the HC is working?

Edited by jumbobreakfast
added mision version

Can I disable the OpFor/Headless Client slot from being used by a player?

only by deleting that unit.

as far as the mentioned vehicle count - I don't think it's too much spawning coz I lose a lot vehicles in battles (maybe it's my lack of skill :) ) maybe this could be something u can tweak as a parameter

Since you are playing as FIA, things should be a lot harder but it's not because many abandoned medium to heavy armored vehicles spawn on the island which makes the mission more easier. The chance to get one of those vehicles should be very rare. Why very rare? Because if you can create armored vehicle or tank platoon in 10-30 minutes then why even bother to play as FIA, the faction which should have very limited resources and not to have the pleasure of having armored vehicle every 30 minutes. As I said, things for the FIA should be a lot harder.

Does the vehicle service point, at the base, supplies limited?

Supplies limited, what?

1. Huge number of vehicles started to spawn in b0.58 version.
  2. Why do we get static heavy machine guns and grenade launchers as a reward after capturing the village or town, when you can get them from the main base? Replacing them with static anti-tank and anti-air weapons would be better in my opinion.
  3. Since civilians can spawn in towns and villages, then maybe you can add civilian vehicles to spawn too?
  4. When you have a lot of villages and towns captured then you will also have many loot markers on the map. Maybe if you can create small circle around the loot item and if that loot item leaves the circle, loot marker should delete its self.
  5. The FIA Combat Life Savers lack a Medikit from the start. Adding a Medikit to the playable CLS from the start and also to the recruitable AI CLSs would save players some time.
  6. Enemies in villages and towns could have some fortifications and more static weapons, also, probably a firebases in some towns and villages with spotters to call the fire missions on players.
  7. 'Capture Tower' markers are still on the map after the area, where is the tower, is captured.
  8. AAF could some times do a counter-attack on villages or small towns.
  9. There is a very small rocky island in Pyrgos Gulf called Sagonisi which is occupied by the enemy, if you can remove it from the list of occupied zones that would be great because players don't have to waste their time to capture one very small island.
  10. As I mentioned before, static weapons in base can not be loaded into the vehicle and dismantled static weapons takes to much space in vehicle/box inventory.
  11. Half a damage and small ammunition count should be set on the abandoned vehicles which you can find on island.
  12. If you can add food and water to the mission that would be awesome!
  13. Give us more parameters so we can tweak the mission to our likings.

I hope you are going to improve this mission because I like it, it is also the only mission I play in ArmA 3. Good job!

Also if you can, update the release notes in your first post.

Edited by Matosh

1. As I mentioned before, static weapons in base can not be loaded into the vehicle and dismantled static weapons takes to much space in vehicle/box inventory.

Sorry this one is caused by me there is supposed to be a script which allows you to mount the weapons in the back of offroaders and trucks, but I can't seem to solve the localisation issues. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172089-FIA-Offroader-augmentation. any help will be appreciated.

Some of the guys on our server claim that the mobile spawn truck disappears if it is left in a building. Anyone else experience that?

I'm still none the wiser as to how to know if the HC is working. When I enable it in the mission parameters some of the AO markers do not appear on the map but if I don't enable it, it still connects okay but I don't know if it is doing anything...are there entries in a logfile that I can check?. We had our server up for 78 hours before we decided to restart it, good times had by all.

Just a few niggles:

The AI sometimes spawned inside rocks so even a UAV couldnt spot them.

Medkits disappear from Medics after a respawn

I like the sangonisi mission as it requires a change of tactics (especially if you try to do it without mortars). With scuba gear you can make it out there in no time.

A bigger punishment for killing civilians with mortars might make people chose their shots a bit more wisely and leave more AI for the rest of us :)

Some of the guys on our server claim that the mobile spawn truck disappears if it is left in a building. Anyone else experience that?

Yeah we get that too we find it disappears most when we leave the vehicle in the field and the server is empty for a large amount of time. This problem and all the others posted are the reason we are no longer running this mission type until a new version is released.