Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

1.6:

- Issue with zombie bug

- Side-missions are not working properly.

Edited by KommandosNOD

Ehm, we tested your map tonight with "Headless Client".

It didnt work, no units where spawned on the HC, only 50-80 ai on the server.

We drove around and get attacked from a IFV and an attack helicopter. how to attack that with first gear stuff? Ok we destroyed the IFV cause ai is dump but AH is too heavy.

On the first airfield N-E we got around and entered airfield. no ai but we cant capture it. so we walked around and suddently a aa-vehicle spawned and some ai and shoot. we cleared them but how do we capture? Also some ai spawned later with same gear like us (first we tought they are friendly) but they open fire on us.

Some things we didnt unterstand:

what are the yellow and red spots? there where no enemys at the yellow spot on the eastern hill and we cant "capture" it.

We still run our server with hc and your mission, we can test it everyday if you need a "beta" tester ;)

@Numrollen - If you're seeing yellow-colored spots that mean EOS didn't start correctly, did you try running it without the HC to see if it still bugged out?

@PzVI - I'll move the offending base in question.

Awesome Mission, our group has played this for 72 hrs and we loved it. A few observations to help you out and hopefully make a better mission...

1. Clothing is bugged or possibly locked? We would love to change our clothes more easily.

2. Loot Markers should maybe have a timeout? e.g after 48hrs the marker is removed and the Item removed, unless it is in the Base?

3. Backpacks, we cannot seem to put them in things such as trucks? Backpacks become the number 1 item really quickly.

4. In Base, I would recommend putting in 10 of the Huge Crates all empty (Maybe tweak them and double the capacity), and we could collect our own loot? Kind of like a huge persistent Vault? If you did this you could put a limit on the amount of objects out there, as it would give us a reason to head back to base when we get a good haul of loot - which is something we don't bother doing as we fight through?

5. Remove the fortifications, and a Add a small Helipad, Just to the North of the base's top left corner?

6. Is there a bug with the 12.7mm Lynx? No one can pick it up?

Anyway these are all minor tweaks, which would make this perfect. The Mission is fantastic as is, but with these tweaks it gets towards perfect.

@mwnciboo - Holy cow, 72 hours? I'm surprised the thing holds up for that long. I've only known MSO missions to go for more than 48 hours without the server going completely mental.

1. If by this you refer to the outfit slot on the players, a lot of that is hard-coded by BIS to prevent Fifth Column-style antics. So say you can't wear a CSAT unifrom if you're an NATO soldier, for instance. I know VAS manages to work around this, so maybe sometime down the line I'll put in a clothing boutique at the base. :pet7:

2. If they're getting to be a bit messy I can look into a solution for it.

3. Those seem to be misbehaving a lot on dedicated, I'll check into that.

4. A good idea. While the main thought behind getting loot in the field is to prevent the need of going back to base. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have some method of storing excess gear back there.

5. Could probably make it a option to have the barriers up. Along with a pad.

6. Not sure, probably falls into the same boat with the backpack issue.

Thanks for the feedback, still got a ways to go in the development. Planning to clean up the code once I get most of the stupid bugs out of the way.

@mwnciboo - Holy cow, 72 hours?

Except some temporary drops, your mission is very friendly to dedicated servers. We're playing it at least over a week without restart. You should think about implementing MSO features like the iniDB

I feel bad for @mwnciboo I had to restart the server this morning to rotate the mission and I know he'd been diligently collecting all the loot, repairing vehicles and generally getting the logistics setup for the mob's return later in the day...

Was a little gutted I had to restart the server at all.

It did get ponderously slow around Kavala last night, but then what doesn't !!! And sped back up once we'd eliminated the AI.

Overall it seemed really popular on our server with a lot of old players and new enjoying the change from a more structured "British OP" style gameplay. Defnitely one I think 3CB will add to the mission rotation.

SJ

Hi there. :)

Me and a couple of clan buddies tried this on for a few days now and we like it for the most part. One of us would setup a server on his end and we'd connect via IP. Its a work in progress, I get it, so on to the bugs and suggestions. :)

1. One major bug we experienced was after about 3 hours of playtime if we die in a vehicle we'll be ejected out and stuck in a prone immobilized/injured/unconscious position. Something also triggers immortality and you can't die at all. Respawn and save options get greyed out, screwing our progress for that night. Map says "Orion is down" with a red marker. I've tried drowning, didn't work. I tried getting blown up in a vehicle again (you can enter vehicles with no problem), however that only fixed the prone immobilized position. So now I could run and kill everything I want and get no damage. :)

2. When playing solo (and possibly with 2-3 other people, haven't tested) AI will reset to default spawn positions around the objectives after the player is killed. If we all don't have UAV's with tags enabled, we're basically stuck trying to find 1-2 AI in the whole city for 30+ minutes.

3. Static emplacements, attack heli's, Mobile AA's, tanks, IFV's, SPG's don't attack the player with their main guns or EXTREMELY rarely. We generally play on Regular or Veteran difficulty and so far only the Ifrits and boats have been causing trouble.

4. Ghost mode option for the admin needs to be moved somewhere else. Its text is stuck under the crosshair all the time unless I select something else. Consider it a low priority item.

5. If teleport option is ON, a notification should be visible on the HUD at all times. We've had some hilarious accidents with people not knowing its on whilst driving a vehicle. :D

6. If the ammo truck at the main airfield is supposed to rearm your vehicles, its not doing a very good job. We hijacked a attack heli from the AI a couple of times and so far it only rearmed flares, doesn't matter if the area is taken or not. Repair and refuel work, I've been told. :)

7. AI squads should be tweaked a bit and their weapon loadout adjusted. I've killed 5 Assistant machine gunners with a truckload of ammo to one machine gunner. Seems a bit silly. (Mostly I just want the Zafir to spawn more often since you don't give me faction LMG's :p)

8. Airfield aircraft spawns need to be tweaked. We've had one heli spawn right next to a tree and one jet that was a bitch to move to the runway because of all the uneven terrain. Tighten them or just use 1-2 loot location.

Overall its been enjoyable and works well in a casual environment. While the concept of "save the loot!" might work for 32 players, it fails a bit when it comes to 4-5 players. We just restock from the enemy and move on. :) I'll see if I remember anything else.

1. One major bug we experienced was after about 3 hours of playtime if we die in a vehicle we'll be ejected out and stuck in a prone immobilized/injured/unconscious position. Something also triggers immortality and you can't die at all. Respawn and save options get greyed out, screwing our progress for that night. Map says "Orion is down" with a red marker. I've tried drowning, didn't work. I tried getting blown up in a vehicle again (you can enter vehicles with no problem), however that only fixed the prone immobilized position. So now I could run and kill everything I want and get no damage.

Another quick fix for being prone-stuck is to repair or attempt to repair (can cancel right away) any nearby vehicle, assuming you have a Repair Tool on you. It also gets you back up, but otherwise you are still marked as incapacitated on map. As far as I've noticed, you can actually die in this "zombie" mode (as it's called on local servers), albeit getting back to the prone-stuck position and not respawning regularly. However, detonating yourself with a satchel or an explosive charge does indeed kill you for good.

About the Alpha 16. The randomized loot spawned around towns upon their capture is -- if a vehicle -- sometimes spawned inside structures, which makes it explode right away and kill anyone in the vicinity. That's not very rewarding if you die like that after spending half an hour searching for the last AI in town :p.

Development bugs aside, great job on the mission so far. It makes for an interesting change of pace from Domination-type games. Keep it up!

Edited by Tourorist

Steam sales are far too dangerous around this time...

It sounds like INS revive getting to be unstable after long run times, may have to ditch it eventually.

We had some problems with our chat. on most people the chat function disapeared. even when i did adminstuff, i didnt see it anymore like #monitor 1 or s.t. else. Also 1 player cant move 3min. after spawn and even cant be killed.

and UAV's are bugged.

Edited by Numrollen

New Version, a17: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6go1xe5frjaj19s/co_36_resistance_a17.Altis.pbo

• Replaced MAD ambient life with Dynamic Civilian Life by code34, hooked in with Civilian Assassins
  • Renovated the Base, removed a large amount of barricades, added several campfires for night lighting and an Heli LZ for future updates
  • Fired the House patrols, no more looking for the last AI hiding in buildings!
  • Adjusted Loot spawning in effort to prevent vehicles spawning in structures
  • Moved the Headless Client slot from Civilian to BLUFOR to mitigate scoring issues if used by a player

Barring any catastrophic issues with a17, this will be the last version before Beta. Which will involve a rewrite of the code to not only streamline most processes but also to transition to self-contained functions for some features.

New Version, a17

• Adjusted Loot spawning in effort to prevent vehicles spawning in structures
  • Moved the Headless Client slot from Civilian to BLUFOR to mitigate scoring issues if used by a player

No more loots.

HC takes non IA slot

No more loots.

HC takes non IA slot

Whoops, my bad. Will fix that real quick.

EDIT: No loot is bad loot, so a17.1 is needed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh7dca7j0fxex0e/co_36_resistance_a_17_1.Altis.pbo

• Fixes parameter error on Loot Spawning (oops)
  • Moved HC Slot to top of BLUFOR player select

Edited by LKincheloe

why did you move the hc slot. If a player is taking the civ slot he is an absolut idiot. Now players will take the HC Slot or lead the bluefor HC ai to the battlefield? HC still not working with a17.1 :( would be really great if it will work in the future! Do you need some beta tests? :P

For what are the fortification? The mission is "Attack the hole time". Why should i setup such stuff with a high expenditure of time? Its too much micromanagement.

The fire in the base are too loud.

where to refuel air units and heavy units? its a bit tight with the vehicle refuel boxes. should be more space perhaps.

House patrols was cool and give the ai a bit more interaction. now they all wait on the streets and dump around, waiting to get killed from far away. But i need to test this one more... Perhaps try the Urban Patrol Script, this one with HeadlessClient implementation is a great thing. Without it its a bit high load for the server. Kronzky will hopefully implement it soon i hope.

after what time all the stuff in citys despawn? 20min. after city is cleared everything despawn in the city and around 300m would be cool. weapons, ammo and bodys on the ground first. It will get full of useless stuff around the battlefields. Also would be cool to have a dust bin beside or in the base to get rid of crap :)

Edited by Numrollen

"where to refuel air units and heavy units?"

You can do this at any fuel station.

I've seen some AAF units around the map. They seem to ignore the players. I wonder if they and the civilians will turn hostile if enough of them are killed by the players.

Something else I'd like to know is how do you folks reload a vehicle/mortar ammo? Is the only way to find an ammo truck somewhere?

Edited by firemane

why did you move the hc slot. If a player is taking the civ slot he is an absolut idiot. Now players will take the HC Slot or lead the bluefor HC ai to the battlefield? HC still not working with a17.1 :( would be really great if it will work in the future! Do you need some beta tests? :P

For what are the fortification? The mission is "Attack the hole time". Why should i setup such stuff with a high expenditure of time? Its too much micromanagement.

The fire in the base are too loud.

where to refuel air units and heavy units? its a bit tight with the vehicle refuel boxes. should be more space perhaps.

House patrols was cool and give the ai a bit more interaction. now they all wait on the streets and dump around, waiting to get killed from far away. But i need to test this one more... Perhaps try the Urban Patrol Script, this one with HeadlessClient implementation is a great thing. Without it its a bit high load for the server. Kronzky will hopefully implement it soon i hope.

after what time all the stuff in citys despawn? 20min. after city is cleared everything despawn in the city and around 300m would be cool. weapons, ammo and bodys on the ground first. It will get full of useless stuff around the battlefields. Also would be cool to have a dust bin beside or in the base to get rid of crap :)

1. I moved it for servers that don't use HC and don't utilize a HC lock to avoid the rogue player situation entirely.

2. I like to give people different ways of playing it. Some people will just grab gear and continue, others will gather all the loot and move it back to base.

3. Hmm... What are you trying to cook in them? In actuality they're mainly for night lighting when servers run for long periods of time (hence why there's a bunch of flashlights in the boxes), I want to do something similar to the SP campaign where chemlights light up sections of the base but I haven't figured out how to make them last the night (they currently vanish after 2 minutes or so). I'll figure it out.

4. Firemane points out one solution, however in future versions I do want to implement a script-based resupply station. Have to make all the scripts play nice with each other first.

5. It should not be deleting if there is a player nearby, has stuff been vanishing in front of players? I may need to have a word with the Wizard of Oz then...

I've seen some AAF units around the map. They seem to ignore the players. I wonder if they and the civilians will turn hostile if enough of them are killed by the players.

Something else I'd like to know is how do you folks reload a vehicle/mortar ammo? Is the only way to find an ammo truck somewhere?

1. By default, AAF are friendly. However I'm working towards a more canonical setup of AI friendlies being other FIA "cells" that operate around the island. So it's more in line with the SP campaign.

2. Yeah, which kinda sucks. I wish it was more like in ACE where you could load/unload vehicle ammo like infantry weapons.

thx for the reply.

1. Perhaps an option that the civ player cant take a weapon or no magazin/rucksack or put him in the house with doors locked? Just an idea.

2. Its good to give players more options. Perhaps this fortifications could be spawn on click? The less stuff is on the map, the better the server performance and the more space is in the base ;)

3. Its just the sound, not the fire it self. Its all over the place and too loud for a little fire ;)

4. thx

5. It was only a question after what time all the stuff in cleared cities despawn? :P After our last game horrible amout of rubbish laying around ;)

Some ideas: would be cool to have some surprises happen on the map. Perhaps the invaders want to fight back at some points, not just standing around and waiting to be cleared. Otherwise the mission shouldnt take endless overall. But would be cool to have other things to do.

We use Task Force Arrowhead Radio and it looks like only the first squad leader who join gets a (big) long range radio, the others dont.

Edited by Numrollen

I am loving this mission. We've had a full server since we started running it. Thanks for the hard work.

I don't have a problem with resupplying using captured trucks. I think it is consistent with the whole mission theme. However, while I can find plenty of medical and other trucks, I haven't seen an ammo truck and only once a civilian repair truck (in an older version). Do they spawn at all? Any hints about likely places? Have I just been cosmically unlucky? :)

I have yet to run through the whole mission, but I've been to a couple of the Airports and Military outposts.

Edited by firemane

Ammo is rare and its part of the idea behind the mission. you need to take it from dead soldiers and you get tiny amounts after you capture places. Its hard if the server is persistant and you join in one day later and all the base stuff is already gone ;) Would be cool if the stuff in the base resupply after 4h or so.. ;)

I haven't had any trouble with ammo for the man-portable weapon systems. I switch to the CSAT weapons early on.

It is the vehicles that I am talking about. We can capture enough stuff to fill the whole area around the base. However, vehicles are single-use since no Ammo trucks or other means of rearming them are available. It'd be nice to be able to use them while they last. :)

Something else called my attention; Ammo boxes (full or empty) tend to catch fire when unloaded from a truck. They are destroyed by a fall of around 1 meter. Is there a way to get around this?

Ammo box: true, have the same problem.

Would be cool if the base itself clean up when no player is present. after 24h the server fps drop from 50 to 23... :-/