Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

[COOP/PVP1-60] CTI Survival

How to rearm tank?

PzVI: You have acouple of options! You have to buy a rearm vehicle from the vendor OR reach level 3 to enable the Mobile FARP ability. This ability allows you to turn any vehicle into a rearm/repair/refuel mobile point. You can use the ability to rearm the vehicle itself!

Genesis,

Been playing your mission for only a short while now and I'm already having loads of fun! Thank you so much! But back to the question of selling items at the black market...I see where this was added back in the patch notes but how does one actually sell items? Thanks for all your work on this!

Hmm, I may have not been clear about that. Unforunately, selling items is not in yet. I had to remove the selling of items because it would cause an error with the players and would break their inventory somehow...I have the new system designed and laid out I just need to test it...

Unfortunately I have halted work on this for a little bit while I work on my next project. I will be releasing an ALPHA of my next project hopefully this week so I can begin work on Survival again (Maybe even change the name so it's more relevant)

I am still suprised people enjoy this game-mode, and as a result it has given me enough of an "umpf" to add more into the mission and fix several errors. Thanks for the post!!!

Also, I came across this youtube video by hydeandrun that features this game-mode. I believe it is fairly good! It's an older version of Survival but it shows most aspects of the mission. So, if you see this hydeandrun, thank you :D!

Would like to check this out but your download has no file to save.

For dropbox you have to zip your pbo's.

You should link this to your thread:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22807

Thanks! I forgot to put ArmAholic back on there...

As for the .pbo not working with dropbox...I will have to look into it. I know IE can throw problems sometimes. I will zip it once I get the chance :D

PzVI: You have acouple of options! You have to buy a rearm vehicle from the vendor OR reach level 3 to enable the Mobile FARP ability. This ability allows you to turn any vehicle into a rearm/repair/refuel mobile point. You can use the ability to rearm the vehicle itself!

Thanks!

I want to offer to make a version on the island Stratis. At Altis gives no sense of the front line, it's too big.

Now the mission is running on our server. A couple of hours was seen FPS drop and delay capture the flag https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1332551/1/rpt.7z

Edited by PzVI

Hi Genesis92x,

I have a two questions for you:

1. How do you play this as a coop with say 1-2 other friends on a server as when you start you spawn out in the middle of no where?

2. Is there a way to have the option to change the enemy type, as i would like to fight these guys: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23308

So far I've only played the mission a little bit, still learning how it all works, so far its pretty fun and am enjoying it very much!

Edited by Günter Severloh

Hi Genesis92x,

I have a few questions for you:

1. How do you play this as a coop with say 1-2 other friends on a server as when you start you spawn out in the middle of no where?

2. Is there a way to implement this weapon pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912 into the mission so that these weapons are available to purchase at the Black market?

3. Is there a way to have the option to change the enemy type, as i would like to fight these guys: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23308

So far I've only played the mission a little bit, still learning how it all works, so far its pretty fun and am enjoying it!

Hi Günter!

1) You can group and and HALO drop to any location using your "Settings" menu located in your context menu

2) The mission supports any addons! Just make sure you run them on the server and you will be able to buy them from the shop

3) Currently no, but it will be a possiblity for the next update

Thank you for posting! I hope I could clarify some of the questions. Thanks for being kind!

Thanks for your reply,

question 2 I found out when I went to a shop..keeper...dude with shades, lol, bandana.

for question 1 how do you group with another player and then halo, i know about the settings menu but do the options showup when there is another player on the map?

Can you halo if your by yourself?

Thanks for your reply,

question 2 I found out when I went to a shop..keeper...dude with shades, lol, bandana.

for question 1 how do you group with another player and then halo, i know about the settings menu but do the options showup when there is another player on the map?

Can you halo if your by yourself?

You do not have to be grouped! Going from memory...try this:

1)Open the yellow "Settings" option in the context menu

2)Click on the "2" on the left hand side

3)Search for something called PARACHUTE IN or HALO DROP (Can't remember which in this verison)

4) Click on the button and then left click anywhere on the map

For joining groups

1)Open the yellow "Settings" option in the context menu

2)Look for "Group management" or "Squad management" and then it click on it

3)It should bring up a menu created by Xeno that will list all available groups you can join

How can I set the price for a parachute jump and call artillery?

Solved.

Edited by PzVI
solved

OK something weird. I have this going on my server ATM, but if were in a vehicle the AI just sits there dumb and dont try to shoot us or blow us up. Ive taken my car and drive right up to them.. honk my horn.. they just sit there and then i just run them over because this all in a big group cluttered together and get my money.

How can i fix this? Love the concept but its just not working.

How do I use VAS in this mission? I enabled it through the parameters menu but im still at a loss on how to access it.

On a side note, this mission is awesome. Definitely deserves more recognition.

can someone told me why the ingame settings disappear from time to time and after a respawn there are avaible for a short moment ?

and how can we save that server settings ?

ty

OK something weird. I have this going on my server ATM, but if were in a vehicle the AI just sits there dumb and dont try to shoot us or blow us up. Ive taken my car and drive right up to them.. honk my horn.. they just sit there and then i just run them over because this all in a big group cluttered together and get my money.

How can i fix this? Love the concept but its just not working.

Hm, it sounds like you may be running some sort of mod? I'm not sure I have not encountered that problem yet. Although I have not played this since the last few updates.

How do I use VAS in this mission? I enabled it through the parameters menu but im still at a loss on how to access it.

On a side note, this mission is awesome. Definitely deserves more recognition.

VAS is a left-over option from the revive system I am using... I need to remove it for the next update. And thank you for the support. I really do appreciate it :)

can someone told me why the ingame settings disappear from time to time and after a respawn there are avaible for a short moment ?

and how can we save that server settings ?

ty

A bug! Respawning should fix it - for the next version I will be fixing this issue as well. And by saving the server settings, I assume you mean the paramets? You can't currently :<

Thank you all for the continued support.

I am aware of the bugs in the mission that you all bring up - and I will be working on Survival again soon. I hope to optimize and improve a lot. I want to build a whole new ranking system with new abilites/make it look a lot better.

Thank you all!

Hey all, sorry for double post but I just wanted to get this out now:

I am going to be picking up this project full-time again. I am going to be re-polishing everything.

However, I want to know what kind of features the frequent players of this game-mode want. So if you guys want to post some ideas for me, I can implement them!

Thank you!

Hi Genesis92x

First of all thanks for making this mission...its a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

Now for some feedback.

1-could you put more help in the starting area as people may be confused as to what there supposed to do i.e how to get weapons and ammo.

2-a little tutorial or info on the settings menu too for new players.

3-this is my main beef....could you add a sector control for capped towns as there constantly under attack from opposing forces,sometimes there are way too many and its impossible to move away from areas(maybe thats me being nooby though)but it also lags like crazy when there is a hell of a lot going on.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Genesis92x

First of all thanks for making this mission...its a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

Now for some feedback.

1-could you put more help in the starting area as people may be confused as to what there supposed to do i.e how to get weapons and ammo.

2-a little tutorial or info on the settings menu too for new players.

3-this is my main beef....could you add a sector control for capped towns as there constantly under attack from opposing forces,sometimes there are way too many and its impossible to move away from areas(maybe thats me being nooby though)but it also lags like crazy when there is a hell of a lot going on.

Thanks in advance :)

1 & 2- I will be making a tutorial that can be accessed in game. It will not be in-depth but will show the basics.

3 - The next version will allow for more control over the # of AI in the parameters. It will also add the ability to purchase defences for towns against in-coming AI. This should allows players to control areas better.

I am also trying to think of other ways to make the environment feel alive as well.

Oh, as for the lag, I will be creating a cached unit system for when the AI are not near others.

Thank you for the post! I look forward to fixing these problems ;)

Thankyou for fast response.

Just came across a new bug maybe...

It's night time in the map and all the shops have dissapeared.Is that a feature or do we need to restart?

Thanks

Squadie:eh:

Thankyou for fast response.

Just came across a new bug maybe...

It's night time in the map and all the shops have dissapeared.Is that a feature or do we need to restart?

Thanks

Squadie:eh:

Hmmm I would need more information... did you guys save and re-load the mission at a later date? Are the markers gone and the NPC's still there? Or vice-versa?

Thank you!

Sorry we reloaded the mission..i will give you more info if it happens again.

The mission was running for 2 days and when we logged on today the problem was there....we didnt look for npc's though.

Btw were on Battlegroup -=XTRA=- server.

Sorry we reloaded the mission..i will give you more info if it happens again.

The mission was running for 2 days and when we logged on today the problem was there....we didnt look for npc's though.

Btw were on Battlegroup -=XTRA=- server.

Ahhh okay- I know what the problem is. Thank you.

I will most likely be changing how the shops work in the future and making them more incorporated into the world. So this should fix that bug.

The new version I am working on should welcome a host of fixes and changes, as well as my custom AI FSM's.

Hey Genesis,

is there any way to delete already existing characters, seeing as they're now saved client side? I haven't actually found any save location since the mission doesn't use any mods, and the saved folder doesn't really help either.

Hey Genesis,

is there any way to delete already existing characters, seeing as they're now saved client side? I haven't actually found any save location since the mission doesn't use any mods, and the saved folder doesn't really help either.

The file gets saved as part of your ArmA account in the folder:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Arma 3

The filename should look like this: USERNAME.vars.Arma3Profile

You can delete it to remove your character...However, this will also delete other things about your account.

In the next version I will be offering a way for players to delete their character slots if they so desire, as it is a missing feature.

Bit unfortunate, but thanks for the reply. As a few suggestions, you may want to pinpoint where the flag is in each town, so it's easier to capture. I've had a few moments where I had to sweep the entire town to find the flag, sometimes even finding no flag at all (even BLU and OP not capturing it). Another thing I've noticed is that Independent isn't able to actually drive any form of BLUFOR/OPFOR vehicle or use any major BLUFOR/OPFOR asset (like a UAV Terminal). It seems kind of obvious but I tried to buy a Greyhawk UAV together with a BLUFOR Terminal (as Independent) and quickly noticed that's actually 10k wasted right there. Might want to filter the unusable equipment out of the buylist as it can happen that somebody buys the wrong vehicle/equipment. Other than that the mission's perfect, and enjoyable even at smaller-ish player counts, atleast as Independent.

Good day,

unfortunately my english is very bad so I use the translator

We play their map for a couple weeks and are very excited :)

but unfortunately we always have to adjust your parameters, so I searched a bit in the game the file where you can adjust the fix as we need it

Some settings I've found and it changed the way we need it, but unfortunately I have not found them all.

and although I want this is the enginer also disabled

and repair delay is set to 30 sec

enemy + frindly unit serarc diestanc to 300 m

class ES_Mission_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== Mission Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={ "",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_Mission_TimeofDay

{

title = "Time of Day";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23};

texts[] = {"00:00","01:00","02:00","03:00","04:00","05:00","06:00","07:00","08:00","09:00","10:00","11:00","12:00","13:00","14:00","15:00","16:00",

"17:00","18:00","19:00","20:00","21:00","22:00","23:00"};

default = 10;

};

class ES_VictoryCondition

{

title = "Win by holding strategic locations?";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"Disabled","Enabled"};

default = 0;

};

class ES_VictoryNumber

{

title = "# of capture points until victory?";

values[] = {100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,2000,3000,4000,5000,9999999999};

texts[] = {"100","200","300","400","500","600","700","800","900","1000","2000","3000","4000","5000","Forever"};

default = Forever;

};

class ES_TotalAnnihilation

{

title = "Win by capturing every territory";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"No","Yes"};

default = 0;

};

class ES_Economy_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== Economy Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={ "",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_StartingMoney

{

title = "Starting Money:";

values[] = {600,1200,1800,2400,3000,3600,4200,4800,5400,6000};

texts[] = {"600","1200","1800","2400","3000","3600","4200","4800","5400","6000"};

default = 4200;

};

class ES_ShopCosts

{

title = "Shop Costs:";

values[] = {1,2,3,4,5};

texts[] = {"Free","Low","Classic","High","Rank System"};

default = 2;

};

class ES_ShopSellValues

{

title = "Shop Sell Values:";

values[] = {1,2,3,4};

texts[] = {"Low","Classic","High","Rank System"};

default = 1;

};

class ES_RS_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== Rank System Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={ "",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_RS_Enabled {

title = "Enabled:";

values[]={0,1};

texts[]={"No","Yes"};

default = 1;

};

class ES_RS_Persistency {

title = "Persistency:";

values[]={0,1};

texts[]={"No","Yes"};

default = 1;

};

class ES_AI_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== AI Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={"",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_AI_Suppression_Enabled

{

title = "AI Suppression";

values[] = {0,1};

default = 0;

};

class ES_AI_Density

{

title = "AI Density";

values[] = {0,1,2,3};

texts[] = {"Fewer","Few","Normal","Lots"};

default = 1;

};

class ES_AI_Wait

{

title = "How long before the AI appear?";

values[] = {0,1,2};

texts[] = {"1 Minute","5 Minutes","10 Minutes"};

default = 1;

};

class ES_AI_Skill

{

title = "Skill of the AI";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4};

texts[] = {"Very Low","Low","Medium","High","Elite"};

default = 3;

};

class ES_AI_Skill2

{

title = "Skill of the AI snipers";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4};

texts[] = {"Very Low","Low","Medium","High","Elite"};

default = 2;

};

class ES_AI_RandomArtillary

{

title = "Random Artillery Effects";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"Off","On"};

default = 0;

};

class ES_AI_WaveSpawns

{

title = "# of groups AI will send to capture locations PER SIDE";

values[] = {3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12};

texts[] = {"3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10","11","12"};

default = 12;

};

class ES_Vehicle_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== Vehicle Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={ "",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_Other_SettingsTitle {

title = "===== Other Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={"",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_Silliness

{

title = "Are you feeling silly?";

values[] = {0,1};

texts[] = {"No","Yes"};

default = 0;

};

class ES_DebugMarkers

{

title = "Spawning Debug Markers";

values[] = {0,1};

default = 0;

};

class ES_FOCKAI {

title = "===== [FOCK] AI Group Settings";

values[]={0,0};

texts[]={ "",""};

default = 0;

};

class ES_FockMenuControl

{

title=" [FOCK] Group/Recruit Menu On/Off";

values[]={ 1,0 };

texts[]={ "Enabled","Disabled"};

default=1;

code = "";

};

class ES_FockRecControl

{

title=" [FOCK] Recruit On/Off";

values[]={ 1,0 };

texts[]={ "Enabled","Disabled"};

default=1;

code = "";

};

class ES_FockRecAmount

{

title=" [FOCK] Recruit AI Amount";

values[]={ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 };

texts[]={ "1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10"};

default= 10;

code = "";

};

class ES_FockDeleteAI

{

title=" [FOCK] Delete AI on Leaving Group";

values[]={ 0,1 };

texts[]={ "No","Yes"};

default= 1;

code = "";

};

class ES_FockEmptyGrpDelete

{

title=" [FOCK] Delete Empty Groups";

values[]={ 0,1 };

texts[]={ "No","Yes"};

default= 1;

code = "";

};

in the folder parameters.hpp I have these settings and found I can adjust it

but the others I think, unfortunately, not what I would still be important because the new set makes every time on life no fun :)

I hope that they can help me where I can change the

and we look forward to the new version of the map :)

my server:

| Deadly | Endless-Survival | High FPS | Friendly Staff |

IP: 85.214.235.35

Hey Genesis,

I try gamemod on my server. Good. But have some bugs too.

Do you have a plans to continue working with it?