Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

[COOP/PVP1-60] CTI Survival

I am curious, when do saves happen? I have a had a couple times where I log out and things were not quite up to date where I left off. Also, it does not seem to be saving magazines and first aid packs correctly. When I come back in, I have 1 mag of the 15 that I had before and I had no first aid kits.

Again, great mission, just a few little issues. Thank you for all your work, we are having a blast.

Unfortunately...I'm not sure what I can do about this. This seems to be an issue with IniDB/ArmA 3 not liking tracer magazines :(

Hey all. FIrst i want to thank Genesis for this awesome piece of work, it has truly a LOT of potential so i hope to see new updates soon :3

Now to my question. I rent a dedicated server at gamed.de. I use your mission file and inidb. But still we cannot save our gear, money, rank etc. When we start we always spawn at the top left island with the red ring. We can choose BEGIN SAVE/LOAD from there and we always get spawn in a random location with Private Rank and default gear. Could you please tell me what i do wrong on that?

Still lost in the middle of nowhere as soon as I check in at the board under the red arch. Same spot with an empty assault rifle and only a semi auto handgun to protect myself. Invariably, there are bad guys right there to snuff me. How do I scrub the inidb? I removed the @mod, the mission and reinstalled it all thinking that would do it. I get the feeling my problem is a persistent one because of the missions persistent nature. Looks like VF19 and I are kind of suffering the same issue.

I found out that i does infact save. I get entries with my nickname or the nicknames of my friends in the db folder. But the system seems to ignore them if we rejoin the server. Always with a blank gun and some pistol ammo middle in nowhere. Pretty frustrating.

VF, I think I might have figured it out....

Ok, so you spawn in with jack.... roll the mouse wheel.... Settings > pick tab 2.... there is a halo jump option. Halo in on a town/arms dealer. Shop fast, the bad guys are coming. Now comes the survival part.

Genesis, Please indicate if this is the intended SOP?

I found out that i does infact save. I get entries with my nickname or the nicknames of my friends in the db folder. But the system seems to ignore them if we rejoin the server. Always with a blank gun and some pistol ammo middle in nowhere. Pretty frustrating.
VF, I think I might have figured it out....

Ok, so you spawn in with jack.... roll the mouse wheel.... Settings > pick tab 2.... there is a halo jump option. Halo in on a town/arms dealer. Shop fast, the bad guys are coming. Now comes the survival part.

Genesis, Please indicate if this is the intended SOP?

Okay! Sorry I have been gone for awhile (and a little bit longer) due to college. I'm applying for several Grad schools and I don't have as much time for ArmA :(

If IniDB is actually saving players information but they arn't loading in properly there must be something going wrong between the communication between iniDB -> mission -> server. Keep in mind that players do not begin to save until a couple minutes has passed in game. I would recommend using the scroll wheel at the beginning of the mission - make sure iniDB is installed correctly and etc etc.

As for getting out of the middle of no where. Use lawndartleo's advice. Settings -> Tab 2 -> Halo Jump will get you anywhere you need.

Yeah halo jump was the minor problem. The main problem is still inidb. It is installed correctly I am 100% sure. We get save entries with everything needed (position, gear, money, rank) but it just wont load and overwrites them everytime we rejoin. Thats pretty strange.

I wanted to send you a PM Genesis but I require a single post first, so I'm going to post here and say that your map is wicked. Definitely the most fun available right now.

any Chance to see Headless Client intigration?

I will be implementing this once I get some free time :) See below!

I wanted to send you a PM Genesis but I require a single post first, so I'm going to post here and say that your map is wicked. Definitely the most fun available right now.

Thank you for your support. I do appreciate posts like this.

Everyone:

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and my friends in creating/modifying this mission. I initially did this project as a hobby for a small group of friends and it turned into something much bigger than I expected. I Just wanted to make a quick post to clarify some things.

1) I am currently in the process of applying for Grad program while taking a full load of college courses and running/maintaining several labs on campus. This is not to say, "look at how important I am, don't bother me with issues". I am simply saying that I am busy right now and probably will be busy for some time :(

I take problems with this mission (especially the save/load problem) very seriously and once I start scripting again (soon) it will be my first re-release fix. I was unaware of the limitations of iniDB and might switch to a different option if available. You all have been very, very supportive and I appreciate that to the full extent.

2) PhysX86 crashes anyone? I have been having a hard time getting motivated to work on ArmA currently because of the constant crashes I receive. I can not play any game of ArmA longer than 10 to 15 minutes without receiving a PhysX86.dll crash that is apparently unfixable at this point (looking at you Bohemia). Until I can even test my mission in a dedicated server environment I refuse to push out a super buggy update to my mission. I have tried every fix the internet could offer - nothing worked - short of buying a new PC, I am S.O.L. for now.

tl;dr

I will be attempting to fix the save/load system with a new queue system that puts players in an electronic line of sorts that will load/save a player ONE AT A TIME so iniDB/ArmA can handle the process easier. This will drastically increase load/save times but will hopefully actually work.

I just found your mission this week

I have to admit you have exacly what i was looking for a long time... an Capture mission with survival elements, ranks , buy-sell system. support calls (not free), Ai recruits. you have them all! im so impress by your work...

Im not a programmer but i found the way to read and edit things. I edited the script and made a coop version with the Enemy occupation system script by bengabob... I dont like PVP specially on survival, why? because independant always spawn close where they died and the rest can parachute every 15 minute on your back. the missions become to not capture terriory but search and kill an human players. I cant concentrate on ais enemy force because i always got someone shooting on my back because he spawnned or parachute there... i feel playing assassin creed and its not appropriated specially on a survivor thing :)... I wont publish it I will send it to you if you want try and publish yourself ,for now its just for my server... i made coop player independant and freindly with blufor because more then 12 hours up on persistent server you cant spawn back blufor or opfor except independant... you're a little bird as spectator...I didnt found why yet... I just need to know how to make independant capturing for blufor (blue) Im also trying to modify the bengabob module so the squares can change red , blue or green if its captured by an Ais.. captured square add few infantry defence on it, it will be amazing :) its an spawn-despawn system so its low on ressource and this change all the war ambiance, no place are dead empty, its pretty insane with your stuff lol... I Also want to add 2 enemies transports chopper coming and landing troops when your at 100m of enemy flag that will be insane!

im may post a video link here: (coming soon)

I also made a coop version of it for Massi's mod African conflict. I f you want it i will send it to you. in african conflict one I changed all the tanks and chopper for light stuff be light stuff like technicals etc. African infantry elements are better then super powers army. I would always play african conflict one all the time but 90% of players dont want or know how to active mods... so i keep working on vanilla one.

I have a suggestion for blackmarket.. I think you should add it in the setting option and leave the civi spawn in walls with wierd animation with all the shop marker everywhere on map :) just open setting buy your stuff then go. maybe only active on captured zone to avoid cheating (buy a tank when your pinned down...)

I had a suggestion but i already made a little script... but can you add an hardcore on-off option, if you set it on each time you die you restart with your pistol and same money as the begining. it will increase the motivation to stay alive longer and the buy-sell system will be much more important. I think spawning with same loadout and money do not give the sense of survival. okay lose all money its not fun but you could make a bank at salor and theres plenty of corps to rearmes. that's the point of the map... you dont want to die :) for now i add a little script respawnpenality that put back basic stuff on soldier. So if you want keep your weapons, grenades , vest uniform etc. you need to SURVIVE :)

thanks alot for your mission! :yay:

Edited by HunTTecH

I just found your mission this week

I have to admit you have exacly what i was looking for a long time... an Capture mission with survival elements, ranks , buy-sell system. support calls (not free), Ai recruits. you have them all! im so impress by your work...

Im not a programmer but i found the way to read and edit things. I edited the script and made a coop version with the Enemy occupation system script by bengabob... I dont like PVP specially on survival, why? because independant always spawn close where they died and the rest can parachute every 15 minute on your back. the missions become to not capture terriory but search and kill an human players. I cant concentrate on ais enemy force because i always got someone shooting on my back because he spawnned or parachute there... i feel playing assassin creed and its not appropriated specially on a survivor thing :)... I wont publish it I will send it to you if you want try and publish yourself ,for now its just for my server... i made coop player independant and freindly with blufor because more then 12 hours up on persistent server you cant spawn back blufor or opfor except independant... you're a little bird as spectator...I didnt found why yet... I just need to know how to make independant capturing for blufor (blue) Im also trying to modify the bengabob module so the squares can change red , blue or green if its captured by an Ais.. captured square add few infantry defence on it, it will be amazing :) its an spawn-despawn system so its low on ressource and this change all the war ambiance, no place are dead empty, its pretty insane with your stuff lol... I Also want to add 2 enemies transports chopper coming and landing troops when your at 100m of enemy flag that will be insane!

im may post a video link here: (coming soon)

I also made a coop version of it for Massi's mod African conflict. I f you want it i will send it to you. in african conflict one I changed all the tanks and chopper for light stuff be light stuff like technicals etc. African infantry elements are better then super powers army. I would always play african conflict one all the time but 90% of players dont want or know how to active mods... so i keep working on vanilla one.

I have a suggestion for blackmarket.. I think you should add it in the setting option and leave the civi spawn in walls with wierd animation with all the shop marker everywhere on map :) just open setting buy your stuff then go. maybe only active on captured zone to avoid cheating (buy a tank when your pinned down...)

I had a suggestion but i already made a little script... but can you add an hardcore on-off option, if you set it on each time you die you restart with your pistol and same money as the begining. it will increase the motivation to stay alive longer and the buy-sell system will be much more important. I think spawning with same loadout and money do not give the sense of survival. okay lose all money its not fun but you could make a bank at salor and theres plenty of corps to rearmes. that's the point of the map... you dont want to die :) for now i add a little script respawnpenality that put back basic stuff on soldier. So if you want keep your weapons, grenades , vest uniform etc. you need to SURVIVE :)

thanks alot for your mission! :yay:

You have suggested a lot of good ideas!!! I will have to come back and see if I can implement some of these now!

Genesis92x - thanks alot for your mission!

Thank you so much!!!

I know this is a late response but I had a question to ask of anybody who still read's this ;p

I have created my own load/save system so this will fix issues with the load/saving system bugging out and trashing peoples information. This also means that this mission will no longer require any addons (but of course is fully flexible and accepting of them). Which means server owners don't have to do anything special for just this mission now!!

This also means that a players scores, gear, position, money, damage (or dammage ;) inside joke), and favorite color will transfer from server to server without an issue

I just need to test a few tidbits here and there and I would like to push out a test map before releasing to the public...

I also wanted to thank those who were extremely patient with me :) I can't wait to release another version for the few who enjoy this :D!

Edited by Genesis92x

Okay, here's an updated version after the long wait. :| Thank you!

CHANGES FOR VERSION 1.062:

- No longer requires an addon - new weapon/stat loading system

-The stats are now CLIENT SIDE. This means stats will carry to any server

- Optimized many scripts to run faster. Should increase server/client FPS

- Moved certain flags around to make it easier for AI to capture

- Many Optimizations

- Added manual save button. Under the second tab in Settings.

- Fixed AI spawning in water. If AI spawn in water, they will be diver units instead - Delayed players loading too quickly into the mission

- AI will not spawn on that little spawn island - A lot of other little things I have forgotten...mostly bug fixes.

DOWNLOAD

The big thing about this version is that it should be more stable and have higher FPS all around. Oh, and there is NO LONGER an addon requirement. This means that all the information is saved client side and can be transferred to any server. Single player games will transfer just fine to MP games. Keep in mind that there is still a character save for each side.

The next version will feature actually game improvements such as the ability to spawn/create bases that can be captured. The players will be able to buy defenses for these places.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for abilities for players to tinker with as they level up please feel free to post here! I'm out of ideas and need help :(

Description:

Survival is a massive PvP/CooP CTI (Capture the Island) with a leveling system (which is persistent throughout any server) and intelligent AI commanders.

Capture towns, snipe, fly, and hide. The AI will find you, and it will kill you.

LEVELING SYSTEM

Each side has a different level system that allows for a different gameplay feel per side. As a player you can have 1 character per side that you can level up. The more you level the more abilites you unlock and the more you get paid. It doesn't matter if you play singleplayer or MP, you will load the same character each time.

INTELLIGENT AI COMMANDERS

BLUfor and OPfor are out for blood and they won't stop until the Island is theirs. Play in a world that responds to your actions. Will you fight with the BLUfor against the OPfor, or for the OPfor against the BLUfor?

Perhaps you like a challenge and prefer to play on Independent and hire mercenaries to do your dirty work for you.

Whatever you choose - the AI will be thinking just as hard on how to squash you as you are for it.

DYNAMIC COMBAT

Fight in the air,land, or sea. The AI will chase you where ever you go. Sniping from an island off the coast? Cute. Watch as AI commanders dispach diver squads to your position.

Sitting ontop of a mountain? Also cute. Watch out for aircraft taking you out from afar.

PVP CONCEPT

This gamemode takes on a whole new aspect once you get a little PvP going on. Watch as AI fight side by side with players to take out other AI and players. The carnage can become immense. Watch as frontlines develop and a feeling of trench warfare sets in as the battle lines are drawn.

MANY ABILITIES

Parachute into deep enemy territory. Call in 3 different kinds of artillery. Call in orbital vehicle drops. Mark enemies from afar with smoke with just a click on the map. There are many more abilities and room for many future abilites.

SHOPS

Gear up and the black market vendors and enjoy the finest wares! What's that? The markup is at %80? Damn, better luck next time.

MISSIONS

Enjoy being ordered around? Complete AI given missions to recieve extra money and score!

GROUP MANAGMENT

Manage your teams on the fly and create squads the perfect size for you and your buddies.

MONEY TRANSFER

Of course, you can transfer money to other players in need! Don't be greedy!

Edited by Genesis92x

Sounds kind of like Wasteland but more structured... which is a good thing! Gonna try this out!

Edited by chains

Sounds kind of like Wasteland but more structured... which is a good thing! Gonna try this out!

Thanks! Hope you can have some fun :)

Thanks! Hope you can have some fun :)

Hi, it's pretty interesting. There is a crucial bug that needs fixing. When there is no players alive on your team you cannot respawn on the AI truck because it full of AI.

Hi, it's pretty interesting. There is a crucial bug that needs fixing. When there is no players alive on your team you cannot respawn on the AI truck because it full of AI.

This is a bug with INS Revive but is not game breaking. Just press enter and you will spawn

I was just wondering how do you sell equipment at the shops? i'm able to buy the equipment but i have no idea how to sell it.

thank you!

I was just wondering how do you sell equipment at the shops? i'm able to buy the equipment but i have no idea how to sell it.

thank you!

This got taken out a couple versions ago due to some massive bugs...but fortunately it's now fixable. Thank you for reminding me! I can implement it in the next patch :>

+1 Ability to sell items

hello i just wana say that enemy spawns near me after 30 sec stay on same place and wonder if its possible to disable it somehow because its very anoying when u are in city no one saw u i crouch in corner and after 1 min its 2nd world war out there right next to house u are hide in :D so if its possible to disable that or just help me to disable it for my self would be nice :)

PS: This mod is very nice very fun and its our number one mod as we tryed a tons of em all ready :)

hello i just wana say that enemy spawns near me after 30 sec stay on same place and wonder if its possible to disable it somehow because its very anoying when u are in city no one saw u i crouch in corner and after 1 min its 2nd world war out there right next to house u are hide in :D so if its possible to disable that or just help me to disable it for my self would be nice :)

PS: This mod is very nice very fun and its our number one mod as we tryed a tons of em all ready :)

Hey Brainwall! Try turning down the number of AI :) There are a few options for that.

You can also increase the # of convoy AI to create a more front-line warfare type mission

How to rearm tank?

Edited by PzVI

This got taken out a couple versions ago due to some massive bugs...but fortunately it's now fixable. Thank you for reminding me! I can implement it in the next patch :>

+1 Ability to sell items

Genesis,

Been playing your mission for only a short while now and I'm already having loads of fun! Thank you so much! But back to the question of selling items at the black market...I see where this was added back in the patch notes but how does one actually sell items? Thanks for all your work on this!