Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

[COOP/PVP1-60] CTI Survival

Can you please fix or change the spawn location as a good 15% of my player base has trouble getting off the island.

Can you also please change the location of the shops so they are all in open areas, my players are losing far to many purchases due to glitches and walls.

Edited by hardscript

Can you please fix or change the spawn location as a good 15% of my player base has trouble getting off the island.

Can you also please change the location of the shops so they are all in open areas, my players are losing far to many purchases due to glitches and walls.

Getting stuck on the beginning island is a new one - in the mean time either kill those players and just have them respawn on other players or edit their IniDB file directly and change their location. As for the vendors, you have to realize that they are randomly spawned in. The vendors use ArmAs default createunit command to be placed...which is supposed to find good areas in itself.

I will work on these this weekend once I have more time ;) Until then players will have to be conscious of where they purchase vehicles.

Thanks for the post! I will always work on improving bugs but still realize that I have very limited time to work on ArmA due to life being a thing, so I deeply appreciate your patience. Thank you!!

Also people are having trouble with the blufor and independent saves getting mixed up,

For example i played as blufor for two days then swapped independent i spawned back on the island wearing the same stuff as my blufor with the same gun just with no ammo and was stuck on the island it didnt teleport me off again.

Also people are having trouble with the blufor and independent saves getting mixed up,

For example i played as blufor for two days then swapped independent i spawned back on the island wearing the same stuff as my blufor with the same gun just with no ammo and was stuck on the island it didnt teleport me off again.

Well...that seems almost impossible considering how iniDB works. It sounds like iniDB isn't executing properly on the server? I've tested that pretty in-depth with multiple people. I would check your @iniDB folder and check players profiles. Make sure all the players are actually getting different files created per side. I will be revamping the load system - but it sounds like iniDB isn't even launching on the server properly or being interfered by something?

That's an interesting bug.

On a side-note, try having the players just rejoin and see if that works. If the players arn't getting teleported off the island it suggests a more complex issue that I am going to attempt to fix soon

Download: Survival 1.03

Hey guys, I appreciate your understanding of me having to, yet again, push out yet another update so soon :P

There were some severe issues that needed to be dealt with - Thank you!

UPDATE 1.03

-Tweaked: Loading system is now executed through an addaction so players should be more reliably spawned in. This has not been tested extensively. THIS WILL NOT FIX ALREADY BUGGED SPAWN POINTS. YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAR YOUR INIDB CACHE OR FIX THE AFFECTED PLAYERS

-Fixed: Improved AI commander ability to actually pick real units/places.

-Fixed: Some of the abilities did not inform you about their cool down when attempting to use them

-Tweaked: Adjusted AI skill levels to reflect changes

-Fixed: Vehicles should no longer have a chance to explode when purchased

Hiya, is a dedicated server required to play this, or can I play it on a local LAN with AI (recruitment)?

A dedicated is not required! I would just host it with LAN. There are AI groups in the mission so if you wanted allies I would play on Blufor or OPfor and follow them around. You will be able to recruit AI into your own squad once you reach a higher level

ahh, an unlock type mission...sounds like maybe a combination of Evo + Warfare?....no params to play unlocked though im assuming :-)

There is a param to turn off the persistency (Your ranks/information load with you every game. A progression system) Turning off persistency makes the "unlock" part of the mission very bearable and turns down the requirements to unlock the content. Obviously, this is not persistent and you will need to get X amount of kills each time ^^

Awesome update.

Couple of things.

-Pistols do not save.

-Can you move the team scores down a fraction so they are not behind that popup that keeps appearing.

And would it be at all possible to add support for something like mysql so we can run hive servers,

Having some sort of sql db would also allow us to offer donation bonus and website integration.

Edited by hardscript

My dedicated server report file has this error looping constantly

if (vehicle _unit == player) then {_vehicle = true;}>

17:56:17 Error position: <_unit == player) then {_vehicle = true;}>

17:56:17 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

17:56:17 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Marker.sqf, line 11

17:56:17 Error in expression <ndom count playableUnits);

It seems like if you are still on the island and have not loaded yet when it does a server save it wipes your save and replaces it with the default.

Edited by hardscript

Awesome update.

Couple of things.

-Pistols do not save.

-Can you move the team scores down a fraction so they are not behind that popup that keeps appearing.

And would it be at all possible to add support for something like mysql so we can run hive servers,

Having some sort of sql db would also allow us to offer donation bonus and website integration.

-I believe I might know what is wrong with pistols. Should be a fairly easy fix.

-Moving the team scores down is a good idea :)

-MySQL is something that is out of my league...I could request some help with it, so it is possible. If server owners are running multiple ArmA server off of the same machine you can use some default commands to automatically copy files from one folder to another when they are changed. I understand that is less than ideal and won't work for 90% of server owners, but for now I don't have MySQL support, until I recieve help at least.

It seems like if you are still on the island and have not loaded yet when it does a server save it wipes your save and replaces it with the default.

I will have to check this out on the server personally. If I understand correctly this happens

1)Player loads in and goes AFK

2)Player comes back and activates saving/loading

3)Players account has been wiped and replace by nothing

That's a very strange behavior seeing as how I use the new manual save/load method. A players account should not save until that action is pressed. Make sure you are running the latest version of 1.03 and I will double check the coding once I have time tonight. This was an issue before 1.03. So I wonder if the people having these issues are using the accounts from before the update?

Also, keep in mind that accounts are per side. A players account for Blufor will not carry over into Opfor and Resistance, respectfully.

Scripting non-sense

(In scripting sense each player has a variable called RSAVEME attached to them like so

_client setVariable ["RSSAVEME", 0, true];

When the saving script launches (roughly every minute) it runs a check to make sure that the players have loaded in first like so:

_CheckClient = _client getVariable "RSSAVEME";
if (_CheckClient == 0) exitWith {};

So if the client's RSSAVEME variable is still 0, the save script should simply abort for that individual. When the addaction is activated, after 2 minutes, this command happens

_client setVariable ["RSSAVEME", 1, true];

So when the next save comes around _CheckClient will return 1 and the script will not exit...

I bring this up because I'm not sure why (Unless it's a bug within IniDB) it would overwrite a clients profile before they were ready to play.

Thank you for the post and hosting a server with my mission! I will hopefully be on to test some bugs myself. Thank you!

My dedicated server report file has this error looping constantly

if (vehicle _unit == player) then {_vehicle = true;}>

17:56:17 Error position: <_unit == player) then {_vehicle = true;}>

17:56:17 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

17:56:17 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Marker.sqf, line 11

17:56:17 Error in expression <ndom count playableUnits);

This is caused from no players being in the mission - I will fix this error, but for now it's not a game-breaking error at all. That's part of a script that constantly looks for players, but when no players are present, there is noone in the array PlayableUnits so it throws out errors.

Thank you for the error report and post!!

Edit: I also wanted to apologize for the bugs. Believe me, it is actually worrisome when bugs are present within my mission. I picked up ArmA scripting as a hobby and a way to blow steam off from College and life in general, and I did so without any knowlege of how coding works. Some nights I just want to implement a feature or push out a fix and not have proper time to test my changes because of College/Relationships (Yay Thesis papers and Clinical Psych research!)

So I really appreciate the understand you guys give :)

I'm just glad that some of you are enjoying a mission I initially created just as a hobby.

Edited by Genesis92x

we are loving your mission mate, so many of my members are hooked on it.

If you would like to add me on steam "hscript" i can talk to you easily about feedback from my users and such.

Couple of bugs

1# kills with vehicles guns dont count to rank or get you paid.

2# It seems some kills just don't get counted full stop, i killed 26 with the lynx but only 7 were added to my level.

3# Sometimes groups of ai spawn and then instantly die, then spawn again 100m away and instantly die again.

Edited by hardscript

I will add you on steam! Thanks :D

The vehicle scripts are partially crippled by design choice right now - I need to tweak the script before I allow vehicles to count for money. I don't want to encourage everyone being in a helicopter or in a tank. So money will be given at a much less rate to players in vehicles and conversely, soldiers on the ground will receive more money for being on the ground.

Edit: Dominic169 is my steam account as well

Edit 2: (To address these bugs)

Couple of bugs

2# It seems some kills just don't get counted full stop, i killed 26 with the lynx but only 7 were added to my level.

3# Sometimes groups of ai spawn and then instantly die, then spawn again 100m away and instantly die again.

#2 is actually an eventhandler issue that I can't resolve unfortunately. I have noticed that even in Vanilla A3 not all kills are counted depending on how you kill them. Still, I can look for possible workarounds - I will take a look at this more deeply once I go back to make vehicles work for money

#3 This is an interesting bug. The issue probably comes from my script to ensure that AI do not wander off too far from players (For server FPS issues). And when a new player joins it resets the PlayableUnits - which freaks out the script and fakes the AI into thinking there is no player within 1000 meters. This should be fixable

Edited by Genesis92x

What am I doing wrong that we spawn/start MILES from anywhere? It's very frustrating to get popped into the round in the middle of the map and have to walk/run 3 or 4 clicks to get to a town. Is this by design or something I have buggered in the parameters setup? Heck, I've even respawned on the initial little spec of an island only to be surrounded by enemy troops and apc's. It's a hellova fight or a hellova swim. Pick your poison.

Once we get into the fight.... wonderful.

Edited by lawndartleo

This mission is wicked good, i have had it on one of my servers for the better part of the week and the players absolutely love it, i have heard nothing but praise from them.

A few of us ran this map last night, and I have to say we had some of the best, most exciting fights I have had in Arma, period. The AI is brilliant. It responds intelligently, flanks you, hunts you and the game is so exciting because of it. It also runs so well, so much better than many of the highly scripted large missions out there.

What am I doing wrong that we spawn/start MILES from anywhere? It's very frustrating to get popped into the round in the middle of the map and have to walk/run 3 or 4 clicks to get to a town. Is this by design or something I have buggered in the parameters setup? Heck, I've even respawned on the initial little spec of an island only to be surrounded by enemy troops and apc's. It's a hellova fight or a hellova swim. Pick your poison.

Once we get into the fight.... wonderful.

This is resolved in the next coming update - players will have a new level 0 ability to HALO drop onto any location. This will speed up beginning players, as well as give players are more mobile means of transportation. A lot of bug fixes/new content should be coming with it as well...however, if you have any bugged players you will need to modify/change their iniDB file.

Thanks for the post!

This mission is wicked good, i have had it on one of my servers for the better part of the week and the players absolutely love it, i have heard nothing but praise from them.

Heehee thank you, it's always nice to hear! I hope the new mission resolves a lot of issues.

Thank you!!

A few of us ran this map last night, and I have to say we had some of the best, most exciting fights I have had in Arma, period. The AI is brilliant. It responds intelligently, flanks you, hunts you and the game is so exciting because of it. It also runs so well, so much better than many of the highly scripted large missions out there.

Thank you! As always, it's nice to hear kind words. The next version will contain better optimization and several bug fixes along with new content.

Thanks for the post!

Outstanding mod, Genesis.

Was part of that group. Firefights prior to this rarely had the ferocity and tension these do without amping the AI to superhuman levels. The island, as a whole, feels much more alive. It's hard to believe that this is dynamic and not scripted. Great work.

Other than the current Bohemia bugs (clipping, pathing, etc) the only one I'm experiencing is that when I resume the mission (am host) I'm stuck on the spawning island with no stats or gear, and no save/load character prompt on the wheel menu. Prior to resuming, when this happened, you could die on the island and have an option to respawn at base or on another player, but now respawn is instant and places you next to your corpse.

I've backed up and deleted my entry in the @iniDB folder but am still experiencing the same glitch. I assume a Restart will clear the issue, but would like to let the other players hold on to their progress. Does the @iniDB allow for that?

Any info you need? PM Here or contact me on Steam (Varg) and I'll send it your way.

Edited by Vargyr

Update 1.04

1.04 Update Here

-Added: Added a new HALO drop ability that requires skill 0 - so players don't have to walk miles.

-Added: Resistance now have the option to hire mercenaries to help capture towns/fight other AI

-Added: Added new ability to summon a shop once high enough level. This shop expires after awhile.

-Fixed Players would not rank up correctly in-game once they died

-Fixed AI would stop hunting players after awhile

-Fixed AI will not spawn on the starting island anymore :D

-Tweaked: AI Numbers to increase server FPS

-Tweaked: Optimized several scripts

-Tweaked: Slowed down player loading to hopefully help with issues of players not loading at all.

@Varg

I hope that this resolves your issues with iniDB - I would recommend moving any affected iniDB files out and have them recreate the accounts. You can always go back in there and add their points/money back if desired. Also, I noticed you used the word "resume". This mission is certainly not built to withstand saves and loads (meaning you save the mission locally -> Shut down ArmA -> Load up the mission later). The best thing is to just restart the mission each time if you are hosting it locally. It will still save your ranks/other info

Edited by Genesis92x

Was, indeed, trying to resume so no worries. Believe it or not, the only profile affected by resuming was my host. All other players resumed just fine with all gear, previous save location, and vehicles intact. Mission status was also retained, but with the new update I wanted to start fresh anyway. Was able to use the saved @iniDB profile on the new iteration of the mission without difficulty.

1.04 is working well on a dedicated server. HALO insertion is awesome. Great for solo hunting. Grab a Titan, a carry-all full of reloads, then track down some armor.

Great update all around.

Was, indeed, trying to resume so no worries. Believe it or not, the only profile affected by resuming was my host. All other players resumed just fine with all gear, previous save location, and vehicles intact. Mission status was also retained, but with the new update I wanted to start fresh anyway. Was able to use the saved @iniDB profile on the new iteration of the mission without difficulty.

1.04 is working well on a dedicated server. HALO insertion is awesome. Great for solo hunting. Grab a Titan, a carry-all full of reloads, then track down some armor.

Great update all around.

Ahh okay - That's good information to know. And thank you for the support. I appreciate it a lot! The HALO insertion and other abilities were ideas from players like you...so I really do appreciate the input (even if I do get grumpy at bugs sometimes heehee)

I am curious, when do saves happen? I have a had a couple times where I log out and things were not quite up to date where I left off. Also, it does not seem to be saving magazines and first aid packs correctly. When I come back in, I have 1 mag of the 15 that I had before and I had no first aid kits.

Again, great mission, just a few little issues. Thank you for all your work, we are having a blast.