Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

[COOP/PVP1-60] CTI Survival

THIS IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND WAS CREATED MANY PATCHES AGO. IT IS BUGGY AND DOES NOT WORK DUE TO UPDATES.

This will be recreated in the future. Thank you all for your wonderful support.

[COOP][PvP]CTI Endless Survival

True Persistency

Hello! I am re-releasing this Survival because so much has changed over the past couple of months, and I would like to announce that the game has completely changed. My friends and I have had a lot of fun on this mission - I hope at least one of you can as well.

Okay, here's an updated version after the long wait. :| Thank you!

CHANGES FOR VERSION 1.062:

- No longer requires an addon - new weapon/stat loading system

-The stats are now CLIENT SIDE. This means stats will carry to any server

- Optimized many scripts to run faster. Should increase server/client FPS

- Moved certain flags around to make it easier for AI to capture

- Many Optimizations

- Added manual save button. Under the second tab in Settings.

- Fixed AI spawning in water. If AI spawn in water, they will be diver units instead - Delayed players loading too quickly into the mission

- AI will not spawn on that little spawn island - A lot of other little things I have forgotten...mostly bug fixes.

DOWNLOAD

ARMAHOLIC: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22807

The big thing about this version is that it should be more stable and have higher FPS all around. Oh, and there is NO LONGER an addon requirement. This means that all the information is saved client side and can be transferred to any server. Single player games will transfer just fine to MP games. Keep in mind that there is still a character save for each side.

The next version will feature actually game improvements such as the ability to spawn/create bases that can be captured. The players will be able to buy defenses for these places.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for abilities for players to tinker with as they level up please feel free to post here! I'm out of ideas and need help :(

Description:

Survival is a massive PvP/CooP CTI (Capture the Island) with a leveling system (which is persistent throughout any server) and intelligent AI commanders.

Capture towns, snipe, fly, and hide. The AI will find you, and it will kill you.

LEVELING SYSTEM

Each side has a different level system that allows for a different gameplay feel per side. As a player you can have 1 character per side that you can level up. The more you level the more abilites you unlock and the more you get paid. It doesn't matter if you play singleplayer or MP, you will load the same character each time.

INTELLIGENT AI COMMANDERS

BLUfor and OPfor are out for blood and they won't stop until the Island is theirs. Play in a world that responds to your actions. Will you fight with the BLUfor against the OPfor, or for the OPfor against the BLUfor?

Perhaps you like a challenge and prefer to play on Independent and hire mercenaries to do your dirty work for you.

Whatever you choose - the AI will be thinking just as hard on how to squash you as you are for it.

DYNAMIC COMBAT

Fight in the air,land, or sea. The AI will chase you where ever you go. Sniping from an island off the coast? Cute. Watch as AI commanders dispach diver squads to your position.

Sitting ontop of a mountain? Also cute. Watch out for aircraft taking you out from afar.

PVP CONCEPT

This gamemode takes on a whole new aspect once you get a little PvP going on. Watch as AI fight side by side with players to take out other AI and players. The carnage can become immense. Watch as frontlines develop and a feeling of trench warfare sets in as the battle lines are drawn.

MANY ABILITIES

Parachute into deep enemy territory. Call in 3 different kinds of artillery. Call in orbital vehicle drops. Mark enemies from afar with smoke with just a click on the map. There are many more abilities and room for many future abilites.

SHOPS

Gear up and the black market vendors and enjoy the finest wares! What's that? The markup is at %80? Damn, better luck next time.

MISSIONS

Enjoy being ordered around? Complete AI given missions to recieve extra money and score!

GROUP MANAGMENT

Manage your teams on the fly and create squads the perfect size for you and your buddies.

MONEY TRANSFER

Of course, you can transfer money to other players in need! Don't be greedy!

Edited by Genesis92x

I'll try it asap

Edit: wow!!! this mission is top notch. I am getting an error running the dev branch on my dedi when people die. something about a marker. Does it have something to do with the bluefor / opfor flag and a lack of players on the server?

Edited by deethree

I'll try it asap

Edit: wow!!! this mission is top notch. I am getting an error running the dev branch on my dedi when people die. something about a marker. Does it have something to do with the bluefor / opfor flag and a lack of players on the server?

Thanks so much! I appreciate you taking the time to post about it :)

As for the error when people die...it is probably from either INS_Revive or my own player tracking system. I have not tested on dev versions so I do not know what to expect. The error possibly occurs when no alive players can be found - this can be fixed with a simple if PlayableUnits == 0 (or mayble IsNull?). Otherwise the error should be harmless, the script will continue to run normally once an alive player is located.

Thanks for the report, I will look into it

Edited by Genesis92x
added text

Ok good. Also is the flag for red or blue movable? It seems like a good place to be spawn camped for eternity.

Having the flags move may cause issues regarding the AI...I think a possible solution would be making players invincible for even just 15 to 20 seconds upon respawn

We keep randomly getting a towncapture.sqf error. It wouldnt be an issue if it would just go away but it sticks on the screen. I cannot figure out how to make it happen all the time either but it seems to happen way more often when more people are already on the server when i start the mission.

We keep randomly getting a towncapture.sqf error. It wouldnt be an issue if it would just go away but it sticks on the screen. I cannot figure out how to make it happen all the time either but it seems to happen way more often when more people are already on the server when i start the mission.

Are you running the Dev version of A3? I have not built this version around any dev build. Do you have a screen shot of the error by chance?

Thanks

I am, just switch it over right before the big update yesterday. Ill snag a screenshot, brb

and... I cant seem to recreate it today on my own. Im pretty sure it was line 69 tho on the sqf, something about an undefined variable.

edit edit: here ya go. This one popped up when one of the new players joined. Its going away tho. Looks to be the some one tho.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/903260876108516910/B3F108B09D91D9FF2DFABB6DE8B6D5AC6F5584D2/

Edited by deethree

I am, just switch it over right before the big update yesterday. Ill snag a screenshot, brb

and... I cant seem to recreate it today on my own. Im pretty sure it was line 69 tho on the sqf, something about an undefined variable.

edit edit: here ya go. This one popped up when one of the new players joined. Its going away tho. Looks to be the some one tho.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/903260876108516910/B3F108B09D91D9FF2DFABB6DE8B6D5AC6F5584D2/

Aahh okay thank you. That should be an easy fix. It looks like a variable is getting defined before the client is ready to receive it. Thank you so much for your patience and help!

Those requests are doable! As for now, a temporary fix for those errors should be to just rejoin the server after the mission has started.

Hey guys, just a quick update to address some important issues

Download: Survival 1.01

UPDATE 1.01

Fixed a bug where flag pole would become uncaptureable if a unit died while capping them.

Turned down amount of AA infantry

Fixed bug with Shop markers repeating themselves

Fixed (hopefully) a couple of bugs that would show on players screens and be really annoying at the start of a mission

Optimized a few scripts for MP purposes

Re-compiled map with new ArmA patch - possible fix to some A3 missing errors

Added a parameter for capturing entire island as goal

Added more capture point options in parameters

Absolutely fantastic mission / map Genesis ! how the game should be played..

Do you have any ambition to add in an admin option for admins to allow a little help to players as the game progresses?

And do you have a dedicated server with this version running on it 24/7, if not I would be prepared to fund this, perhaps we can chat ?

Keep up the great work !

Absolutely fantastic mission / map Genesis ! how the game should be played..

Do you have any ambition to add in an admin option for admins to allow a little help to players as the game progresses?

And do you have a dedicated server with this version running on it 24/7, if not I would be prepared to fund this, perhaps we can chat ?

Keep up the great work !

Thank you for the response!

With IniDB it would be fairly easy to install some sort of admin system - the trick would be making a system that doesn't allow for abuse while making sure random players can't access it. I have many ideas on how to make it safe, but it's probably a little bit down the list in things to do. What kinds of things should an admin be allowed to do?

I do have a dedicated server that runs this 24/7 - However, it is merely a test server and I have not tested it with more than 10 people on at a time. If you filter "VCOM" it should come up - it's where I usually put up the latest versions before I send out a release. (I'm actually not sure if I turned it back on or not!)

I can't argue with having a 24/7 server though ;) It would be really nice to play with a group of people so I can see what needs to be tweaked when many players are active. I am also a broke college student with no money to help fund such a thing :(

Again, thanks for your support! It's nice to have some people enjoying the mission

Genisis, are you aware of the clock-bug?

When people die, there is a Chance to spawn with a backpack full of clocks.

Antother bug was, that I lost all my money after getting 10000k.

Instead of the amount was any Dollars displayed.

boggler;2521896']Genisis' date=' are you aware of the clock-bug?

When people die, there is a Chance to spawn with a backpack full of clocks.

Antother bug was, that I lost all my money after getting 10000k.

Instead of the amount was any Dollars displayed.[/quote']

The clock bug actually started happening after the update - I've seen this exact bug in multiple missions that utilize inventory saving/loading...it was the strangest bug. As far as I can tell it is fixed in the latest version of the mission...which I am close to uploading soon...It is the most annoying bug ever though.

The ANY money bug is actually caused by the consumer - I haven't seen it caused anywhere else at least. I have a play tester on my server with 1.5 mil dollars - it's kind of ridiculous. I am actually going to remove the consumer script from the game for now - as it causes that annoying bug...

As for the watch bug - I will be uploading a fixed version as soon as I finish the "commander" scripts. I just feel bad for Big, he just posted an update for me on ArmAholic :D

Thanks for posting, I appreciate the support!

Hey guys, I appreciate your understanding of me having to push out yet another update so soon :P

There were some severe issues that needed to be dealt with - Thank you!

Survival 1.02

-Fixed: infinite watches spawning in players inventory

-Fixed: players loosing maps/items when dying

-Fixed: Removed consumer due to possibility to bug money to show ANY

-Added: Commander to give 'side-objectives'. This gives a sense of direction for players as well as constant objectives.

-Tweaked: Tweaked AI to be slightly more efficient.

Download

I tried this mission on my dedicated tonight and it was awesome except for a severe issue with client side crashing.

I tried this mission on my dedicated tonight and it was awesome except for a severe issue with client side crashing.

I've seen this with a few clients...as far as I can tell it's an A3 problem. It's actually a Physx.dll crash, which is a known issue for A3 :( I've tried to make the crash a lot less frequent but I don't see what is causing that crash. There is nothing that deals with PhysX in the mission besides the AI - all shop keepers, extra units, or the like have their simulation disabled.

If anyone knows how to fix it - I would love to know!

Here are just a few opened tickets/forum posts - none that offer any kind of solution. It seems to affect certain types of clients only...In my testing 1 in about 10 clients will have issues :(

One thing you can try doing is forcing your GPU to only calculate PhysX on CPU instead of GPU (A3 should do that by default anyways?). This has fixed it for some people. I have also realized over-clocking can cause issues for some people in A3 now (of course it depends on the hardware)...Otherwise we have to wait for another update to A3 :(

I have a feeling it's with their new optimizations with AI

Thanks for the post!

Edit: I wonder if the Dev-builds still have this issue?

Edited by Genesis92x

I know for a fact that invade and annex does not suffer from the phyx crash. Perhaps you should talk to the devs over at ahoy world and see of they can shed some light on how they fixed it.

I know for a fact that invade and annex does not suffer from the phyx crash. Perhaps you should talk to the devs over at ahoy world and see of they can shed some light on how they fixed it.

I might have to - it's just interesting because I don't have anything really going on in the mission besides AI...I wonder if it's with spawning Helicopters and Tanks in dynamically? I might have to disable those and do some testing to see if it crashes

I might ask around but if I don't find an answer...I just don't have countless hours to spend trying to fix an issue that is very difficult to pin down to a cause - especially when Bohemia themselves have already acknowledged the issue and might resolve it within a patch or two. You have to keep in mind there are a lot of AI fighting each other in this mission. A lot of action is going on at a time that the players will never see. Invade and Annex seems more like Domination with more focused combat in a particular area (not sure though, I've never played it)

AI should not be causing crashes like such :(

Edit: One thing I couldn't tell is if invade and annex has constant enemy AI Aircraft - I have a feeling the crashes might deal with enemy Aircraft

Edited by Genesis92x

I would be willing to put money on them answering it, as annex did have the crash in older versions and they some how fixed it.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Can't edit on phone. Sorry for double.

Yes annex has enemy air.

I would be willing to put money on them answering it, as annex did have the crash in older versions and they some how fixed it.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Can't edit on phone. Sorry for double.

Yes annex has enemy air.

Ahh okay - I sent them a message about it. Thank you very much for the suggestion! I hope they will get back to me so I don't have to waste time ^^

In the mean time, I will try removing the AI helicopters and see if that resolves the issue...I started noticing the crashing around that time anyway.

Ahh okay - I sent them a message about it. Thank you very much for the suggestion! I hope they will get back to me so I don't have to waste time ^^

In the mean time, I will try removing the AI helicopters and see if that resolves the issue...I started noticing the crashing around that time anyway.

Or you can just wait for the promissed hotfix:

01-10-2013

EXE rev. 110573

Size: ~604 MB

We have finally found more useful debugging information for the main branch MP PhysX crash. We are still hoping to hotfix it once we have a confirmed fix.