Sign in to follow this  
=WKV= Blackwatch

Help with making something destroyable for a mission

I'm a newbie at all this coding so please bear with me.

I am making a search, destroy and resuce mission. I have tow MH-99s deploying an 8 man squad in one of the towns in Altis. The idea is then they have to capture 4 areas and destroy three Ammo caches / trucks before moving on to resuce a civillian alittle way up the road ( I hope to use the hostage script for this ).

What I would like / need help with is how do i make the ammo box / cache / truck destroyable. So each time one is blown it will say congrats thats one down , two down etc and then say ok lads now lets get that poor bastard and get home for tea and crumpets or similar lol.

Thanks in advance.

cashes are destroyable to begin with but you need the " !alive" command to get it done

like name ur cache "cache1" and typ to the serch and destroy wp conditions "!alive cache1" so the next waypoint will show of after the cache is destroyed.

!alive = is for destroyed/death stuff

alive = is for undestroyed/alive soldiers.

Edited by SoranX

so name objective 1 ( say some plans of an attack on a clipboard ) and then make a triiger that would read " !alive T1; alive T1 " so when blown it will say " OK lads thats the plans down now lets get the next objective! "

1. i dont think you can destroy clipboards or chests, never testet it.

but just to test it out take objective 1 somethink destroyable like a ammobox/car or whatevery you like. and name it "T1" create a trigger, on conditions you type in "!alive T1" (means death/destroyed) do not type the "alive T1" also in (it means undestroyed/alive)

then type on activation

hint "OK lads thats the plans down now lets get the next objective!"

so this will do it. whats happens now is when T1 is destroyed youll get an text messege rightside in your screen .

I can't destroy maps etc so I have swithced it to T1 ( ammo truck ), T2 ( ammo cache ) and T3 ( fuel truck ) now I have to figure out how to get the hint " OK thats the fuel truck down time to get the others!! " and when two are destroyed " OK thats the truck and ammo down time to get the fuel!! " or " get ammo truck " etc and when all three are down get it to say " Right lads now lets go get that poor bastard and GTFO!! "

If im understanding you correctly. You might want to try.

waituntil{!alive T1};
hint "Ammo Truck Down Msg";
waituntil{!alive T2};
hint "Ammo Cache Destroyed Msg";
waituntil{!alive T3};
hint "Fuel Truck Down Msg";

Hmm just tried that and its not working for each objective I have !alive T1 !alive T2 and !alive T3 in the triggers with the message for each one. I put the above code into the init file but when I blew two it just came up with the msg from the trigger.

I am wanting it so if I blow 2 & 3 the message comes up saying ok lets find the X 1 or if I blow 1 & 2 the message says ok lets get X. Then when I have blown all 3 the message reads " go for hostage "

you can conbine the !alive command like this "!alive T1 and !alive T2"

You wouldn't design a mission this way because it's overly complicated for absolutely no pay off. You'd assign three objectives to the players and let them finish them in any order they'd like. Then, once all three have been completed, then you can assign the hostage objective.

I'm a newbie at all this coding so please bear with me.

I am making a search, destroy and resuce mission. I have tow MH-99s deploying an 8 man squad in one of the towns in Altis. The idea is then they have to capture 4 areas and destroy three Ammo caches / trucks before moving on to resuce a civillian alittle way up the road ( I hope to use the hostage script for this ).

What I would like / need help with is how do i make the ammo box / cache / truck destroyable. So each time one is blown it will say congrats thats one down , two down etc and then say ok lads now lets get that poor bastard and get home for tea and crumpets or similar lol.

Thanks in advance.

(assuming your group is already on the map)

First thing place an ammo box down and call it "ammo1"

Now go to modules and select "create task"

Go to Modules again and "create task state" - make it succeeded.

Now make a trigger and put in the condition field: !alive ammo1

Now link (sync) everyone in your team to the task created (now everyone will have the task)

Now sync the task created with the task state (succeeded)

and then sync that to the trigger.

voila.

(off the top of my head I would sync the new task after the 3 ammo caches with all the ammo caches task states and your team so it pops up after the 3objs are complete. Something like that. I'd have to see to be sure).

So what does this do? Well it says once the ammo cache is dead (!alive ammo1) the task created will be accomplished.

do that three times (ammo1, ammo2, ammo3) and you have your objs. If you mission is linear keep them in a row, if your mission is a little more dynamic allow the player to do them in any order.

(optional but recommended): for the task created, call it tsk1 then for the title keep it short something like destroy cache 1 then in the description put something like: Locate ammo cache located at <marker name = whateveryounamedyourmarker>#ongrid</marker> and destroy it.

Edited by {HoD}Ferocious

(assuming your group is already on the map)

First thing place an ammo box down and call it "ammo1"

Now go to modules and select "create task"

Go to Modules again and "create task state" - make it succeeded.

Now make a trigger and put in the condition field: !alive ammo1

Now link (sync) everyone in your team to the task created (now everyone will have the task)

Now sync the task created with the task state (succeeded)

and then sync that to the trigger.

voila.

(off the top of my head I would sync the new task after the 3 ammo caches with all the ammo caches task states and your team so it pops up after the 3objs are complete. Something like that. I'd have to see to be sure).

So what does this do? Well it says once the ammo cache is dead (!alive ammo1) the task created will be accomplished.

do that three times (ammo1, ammo2, ammo3) and you have your objs. If you mission is linear keep them in a row, if your mission is a little more dynamic allow the player to do them in any order.

(optional but recommended): for the task created, call it tsk1 then for the title keep it short something like destroy cache 1 then in the description put something like: Locate ammo cache located at <marker name = whateveryounamedyourmarker>#ongrid</marker> and destroy it.

Excellent thats just what I wanted thank you....I am wanting this to be more dynamic rather than you must do it in order.

I already have the group set to moveincargo MH_1 and MH_2 for a helicopter insertion. Can I still link them from so far out on the map?

I have attached a screenie to show what i mean if that helps

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/systemshock/arma32013-09-2714-16-50-23_zps48d72238.jpg (137 kB)

Edited by =WKV= Blackwatch

Excellent thats just what I wanted thank you....I am wanting this to be more dynamic rather than you must do it in order.

I already have the group set to moveincargo MH_1 and MH_2 for a helicopter insertion. Can I still link them from so far out on the map?

I have attached a screenie to show what i mean if that helps

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/systemshock/arma32013-09-2714-16-50-23_zps48d72238.jpg (137 kB)

You have no choice but to link them unless you want your players to figure things out on their own. :) It doesn't matter where your guys on the map - the link distance is irrelevant, but it's important that they are linked. In fact, by the end of missions it should start to look pretty chaotic with blue sync lines going everywhere. If it needs to be associated with it - be it group link or synced - it doesn't matter where they are the computer needs to know who to talk to or who to call. Make sense?

Modules are an important part of mission making so don't forget to "create diary record"s too and sync them to each player. In fact when in doubt just sync everything, lol. Kidding, but you should get the idea. The trick sometimes knowing when to group or when to sync but that just takes a little experience.

If you run 2 hint commands at about the same time, you will only see the message of the 2nd one that was executed. Since waitUntil checks the condition every frame while a trigger checks the condition every 1/2 a second, obviously the trigger is most likely to be executed last, and thus you only see the trigger hint. Either delete the trigger or replace the hint with player sideChat or diag_log to verify.