Sign in to follow this  
brettapuss

my cd-keys get instantly taken from me

i bought ARMA X on disk and i was playing for about 6 months with no problem until one day when i went to run ARMA 2 OA it said bad cd-key so i waited a month after saving and i bought it on steam so after the download i started it up then waited and as normal i saw the bohemia interactive symbol and then the game shuts down then says bad serial number so i punched the wall in anger then waited another two months after saving then bought the game again this time on a different steam account then run it starts up then bad serial number so i tried steam about this problem first and steam+problem with a game=dont care, because they got there money there not gonna help but anyway i posted this thread because i want to know if theres a way i can ever have arma 2 on my system because at this rate i cant because my cd-keys just get taken as soon as one is on my pc i want this problem fixed please someone help me :D

HOLY PUNCTUATION BATMAN

After translating your post I think you might have something nasty on your PC if your keys keep getting stolen. I would start with a fresh install of Windows and go from there.

Although I must wonder why you would keep buying CD keys...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135736-Bad-serial-number-given-in-setup-use-this-thread-for-help

Have you tried any of these suggestions?

I hate to be the guy who posts off-topic stuff but dude, that is the best run-on sentence I've ever seen in my entire life. Kudos to you.

Dont buy CDkeys from those cdkey selling sites, they are rarely (if ever) legit.

Dont buy CDkeys from those cdkey selling sites, they are rarely (if ever) legit.

He said that he bought it on disc, then on steam and thean on different steam account. He never said anything about buyng just a key.

He said that he bought it on disc, then on steam and thean on different steam account. He never said anything about buyng just a key.

True, though the 2nd time he bought it it wasnt entirely clear where he bought it, just that he activated it on steam (on a different account), and with punctuation like that you never know. It would also explain his problem. :p

Bad serial doesn't mean it has been stolen, it means it has been installed correctly (or at all). I never used steam for A2 but I do believe you have to run Steam as admin the first time so it's allowed to write the cd-key to the registry.

i bought ARMA X on disk and i was playing for about 6 months with no problem..

did you fail to mention if the game was purchased at say a used video game store?

or a used game purchased at a store that sells used games?

I'm not sure how that works exactly but pretty sure the guy who sells the game to the store "keeps the key"

and simply returns home to download the game off the net. = why it was stolen. (that's my guess)

<edit>

my advise is to reformat your pc (write zeros) then update the OS "then" install a fresh brand new copy of "ARMA X" onto your PC ..after which avoid any sites offering free dayz ish cheatish types of exe ish aps.

that should have been done right off the bat.

If it gets stolen because you fail at being suspiciously cautious when installing "ArmA tool.exe" then that becomes your fault.

for not being suspiciously cautious in the first place.

Edited by MadM0nkey