Vormulac

CO08 Escape Chernarus Ports for Altis and Stratis.

Thanks again for your feedback.

The issue is, that all the units in the vicinity come for you, regardless of their faction.

Not quite true: The leader is only redirecting a percentage of the patrols to aid of other patrols. Some are ordered to continue their patrols. Otherwise it would be really easy to evade the enemy: Get detected -> sneak away -> all patrols would be giong to your last position.

I think it is 60-40 at the moment. Maybe you confuse non-ordered-patrols als "respawned" patrols, that are not aware of you. The spawn of new patrols is quite slow if you don't change your position quickly.

And quick question, I see you added a parameter saving feature, how do you save the parameters? I'm using TADST.

No, it is a self written script that uses the profileNamespace as storage.

Hey NeoArmageddon, thanks for the work that you (and others) have contributed to this great mission. It's really good to see that you are still keeping it active - it's by far my most played mission! :)

A couple of my friends and I are looking into making some of our own additions - eg one of the Arma 2 / Chernarus variants had 'ambient combat' which we really liked - and contributions. I took a quick look at Vormulac's GitHub and found yours as well. The latest commit seems to be from August 2014; I was wondering if any of the additions you have been making are going to be pushed out? Say to an 'experimental' branch if you wanted to keep master in line with releases.

If we come up with anything useful we'll of course make it public as well, but don't hold your breath- although we can all code, none of us are familiar with SQF syntax... and the last proper editing I did in the series was way back in the OFP days... and we all have other projects and busy lives... but we play it enough that we have a strong desire to add to it ;)

Thanks again for all your work!

I don't push to Git anymore, because the feedback and collaboration there were "nonexisting".

I have a newer version that I will probably release when some last bugs are fixed (more terrains and RHS support!!!)

I don't push to Git anymore, because the feedback and collaboration there were "nonexisting".

Thanks for the quick reply Neo (my browser ate my quick reply). It's really handy to have the git repos to see how things are done. We had a quick glance at the scripts and we're getting a feel for how things fit together.

Meantime we are using both 1.6 and your 1.7 dev pbo :) 1.6 seems to have the debug [semi?] invulnerability still enabled in the Altis version. Haven't had much of a chance to try 1.7 yet; first attempt the server segfaulted but I wasn't able to replicate this in a quick test. The slightly different start is interesting, and I'm keen to see how it plays out!

I have a newer version that I will probably release when some last bugs are fixed (more terrains and RHS support!!!)

Looking forward to it! :D

Hey.

Seeing as how the new version is still in development, could I ask for a feature or just some documentation so that we can modify it ourselves: A way to remove drones from the game.

For us, they are way too destructive and really serve no particular purpose. The problem is that we play in smaller groups, and don't have the capacity to lug tons of AA rockets around. See, we can avoid tanks and APC's when we want to, however there's no way to escape those drone shitbirds. And on foot it's no biggie, we can just ignore them. Even though the fact that it may or may not transmit our location to the patrols is disconcering, but whatever. no biggie.

The problems start whenever we try to mount a vehicle. Those overpowered gods in the sky will 1 shot ANYTHING soo fast that it basically results in an instant failure. So we now have to resort to having some people in the vehicle and some on foot, or using 2 vehicles. But mostly just not using vehicles at all.

Just the last day we spent nearly 1 hour slowly chipping down a tank so we could then board it. And blimey, not even 10 minutes later a drone came and killed us. Neat! And okay whatever, we can do the mission without armour. it's fine. But the worst thing which i can not deal with is this:

We spent quite a long time gearing up, and raiding a comm station. And it was a hard raid, because a city was really close. And the way spawning works for cities resulted in nearly all of us getting 50 kills. Anyway, we do that, and the CASEVAC is on the other side of the island.

The only half-way reasonable thing is to use a boat. So we raid a boat, kill the crew, find a car to push the boat into the water, and BAM 2 drone fuckers spawn over us. so now the boat is useless. We spent the next 2 hours looking for AA missiles, and then died.

Really gamebreaking for us. So could you please provide some documentation on this subject? Thanks mate! :)

iZver: Look inside ..\Scripts\Escape\EscapeSurprises.sqf, the drone is added to the list on lines 46-51. Commenting out those lines should remove the drones for good. If that breaks everything Neo will surely correct me :D

If that breaks everything Neo will surely correct me :D

Surprisingly Scruffy is absolute right... :p just uncomment line 49 and 50.

so neo, have you completely stopped the development of escape? :(

No, I haven't. But I have no time at the moment to prepare a proper release of an update.

We play the currently version of escape regulary but someone (Scruffy) added a lot of AddOns and stuff so we decided to create a system to deploy multiple versions of escape simultaniously. For example Vanilla, RHS and insurgents versions. Also Versions for Chernarus, Takistan, Sahrani, Isla Duala, Bornholm, and more. But it is a lot of work to managed all this stuff and to prevent, for example, to have a vanilla version has still some RHS units/weapons left.

I hope Scruffy and me can sort this out soon.

In the last week I wrote some kind of mission compiler that simplifies the creation of Escape missions on different islands and with differents mods but with one codebase. Scruffy made an effort to configure the compiler and all files correctly and this is the first result:

Now we just have to test every mission and we are ready to release a "small" pack of new Escape missions.

In the last week I wrote some kind of mission compiler that simplifies the creation of Escape missions on different islands and with differents mods but with one codebase. Scruffy made an effort to configure the compiler and all files correctly and this is the first result

Now we just have to test every mission and we are ready to release a "small" pack of new Escape missions.

Awesome! :yay:

I would like to say one of the best things about this mission is how hard it is. Small group, medium group it is always a challenge and exciting from the moment you log in.

Sadly myself and my group only ever play Escape Stratis as that mission works fine. But Escape Altis we always get teleporting to the water issues, revive issues and god mode issues.|

I'm sure in future updates it will get sorted out, but it is such a shame seeing such an exciting mission go to waste with such bugs.

I'm sure in future updates it will get sorted out, but it is such a shame seeing such an exciting mission go to waste with such bugs.

Never had this and also you are the only one reporting this so far. Any mods? Which version?

We are playing everyday without such problems.

We just beat the mission, while I was writing this post:

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Never had this and also you are the only one reporting this so far. Any mods? Which version?

We are playing everyday without such problems.

Oh really?

Ok then I'm running 1.6 that I downloaded off ArmAholic. We run a Vanilla collection off play with six which includes only UI mods which are:

Ares Modules (For Vanilla Zeus)

Blastcore A3

Blastcore Tracers

Blood Mist

CBA

JSRS Dragonfyre

MCC

ShackTac HUD

Tao Folding map.

But I've had those issues running the game 100% vanilla.

Anyway I've downloaded the mission off the first page of this thread and uploaded it to the server we'll give it a go and see how things work out. But cheers for the heads up that everything should be working.

The mission on the frontpage is still 1.6 I think. I don't have access to edit the first page and I posted a few updates in this Thread. The newest version is 1.7 Dev16 (I think).

I will post a fresh compiled version tomorrow when I am back at my computer. In the meantime you can try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmeo63q2tbazx7s/co10_Escape.Altis.pbo?dl=0

I can't check which Dev version this is exactly at the moment.

P.S. The waterspawning was a problem with CBA and serversetup if I remember correctly. More than a year now...

are you suggesting we disable CBA and all the mods that require it?

Btw can you confirm that task force radio works ok with this mission (assuming we dont have to disable CBA)

But cheers for the 1.7 update.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Good sir I can not thank you enough. I just had a game of 1.7 and everything worked out well.

I will say I preferred the guard in the cell that died instead of the odd bag in the middle of the cell. But that is a very very minor gripe.

The spectator view is very cool. And everything seemed to work well.

I noticed in the parameters there is the option of additional or modded guns. How does this work? As I said earlier our group usually just runs our vanilla pack when we play Escape. So adding our weapons packs would be great.

Also does task force radio work ok with it?

The "additional Weapon" parameter will be removed as it was for our squad internal weapon box.

Please note, that this is not a official release, I still have 1 or 2 bugs to fix.

For the bag: we felt it more believable that FIA has smuggelt pistols into the prison instead of the weak hearted guard.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

The "additional Weapon" parameter will be removed as it was for our squad internal weapon box.

Please note, that this is not a official release, I still have 1 or 2 bugs to fix.

For the bag: we felt it more believable that FIA has smuggelt pistols into the prison instead of the weak hearted guard.

Cool, Cool. Well I will say it works so much better than 1.6. I've already had about half a dozen games with my crew.

I wouldn't mind maybe 5 or 6 guards in the beginning. 3-4 is too few to feel too easy now getting out of the prison.

It would be good if you had a fatigue disable option. Just to give crews running vanilla the option to disable it.

The only bug I found was the when all players were unconscious, it doesn't automatically say mission failed and takes you back to the lobby like it used to. Instead everyone has to press escape and it take you back to the mission selection screen which is kind of a pain. Also I found on my server when trying to immediately select the mission again it wouldn't load. I would have to load something something simple like Master Altis, then quit out of that mission and reload escape altis.

But other than that the balance, the pace, oh and the frames, everyone was commenting on just how smooth the mission is now. It really feels like a totally different mission compared to 1.6.

Cool, Cool. Well I will say it works so much better than 1.6. I've already had about half a dozen games with my crew.

Glad to hear! Wait until you can get your hands on the modded versions with RHS, CAF and many islands.

I wouldn't mind maybe 5 or 6 guards in the beginning. 3-4 is too few to feel too easy now getting out of the prison.

The guards are affected by the enemy count in the params. We had the best "balancing" (means: not to many fails directly at start) when the guard count is nearly equal to the playercount (plus 0-2). The start difficulty also highly depends on the starting location.

To many guards, and a start position with high grass (for example on isla duala) and you don't stand a chance.

It would be good if you had a fatigue disable option. Just to give crews running vanilla the option to disable it.

You can download the AT Mod pack. Included is the patented AT Asthma Inhaler. That will help you. There are also other good addons that completly disable fatigue.

The only bug I found was the when all players were unconscious, it doesn't automatically say mission failed and takes you back to the lobby like it used to. Instead everyone has to press escape and it take you back to the mission selection screen which is kind of a pain. Also I found on my server when trying to immediately select the mission again it wouldn't load. I would have to load something something simple like Master Altis, then quit out of that mission and reload escape altis.

I know. The mission is ended correctly but the "BIS endscreen" conflicts with the revive cam. As I said, not release ready... this is one of the bugs I have to fix.

But other than that the balance, the pace, oh and the frames, everyone was commenting on just how smooth the mission is now. It really feels like a totally different mission compared to 1.6.

A large part is rewritten, like the Ambient AI, the patrols, the guards (at ComCenters, and depots) and many script got optimized for A3. This is not the mission anymore, that Vormulac ported from A2 to A3 (~70% of the mission scripts are new, ~50% from 1.6 to 1.7).

Glad to hear! Wait until you can get your hands on the modded versions with RHS, CAF and many islands.

*Cough* If you're going to use RHS you might as well use Leights OpFor it is a more complete factions addon than CAF and uses elements from RHS.

*Cough* If you're going to use RHS you might as well use Leights OpFor it is a more complete factions addon than CAF and uses elements from RHS.

Scruffy also made LOP version.

Aloha :)

We already changed the units quite some time ago for our internal AT version. We can't really release that, as theres a mish-mash of too many addons used. For example the custom weapon box loaded from 10 different addons, or CAF Aggressors, which we use with the HLC replacement and a small internal extender addon that adds a medic and engineer and more loadouts from HLC G3 and FAL pack and more. Because more of our missions use them we won't switch to LOP.

But: With the new version the scripts were cleaned up, so you don't have to hunt around 5 or 6 files where some units are spawned. Every unit (except player units, they are placed in mission.sqm), vehicle, the weapons and caches in camps is now inside the unitclasses.sqf file.

The "additional weapons" parameter spawns two additional boxes in ammo depots, until now that was our own AT_Waffelbox. Now it's a standard BIS box or RHS AK crate on the RHS versions. The idea is that you can easily switch them out for boxes with radios or medical stuff if you use AGM or ACRE, or whatever weapons mod you'd like to add.

The rest of the unitclasses is still a bit messy, but as everythings in there now it's easier to switch out units. Neos script makes it easy for us to compile the variations and prevent boring copy-paste and errors.

Islands we have right now:

- Altis

- Bornholm

- Chernarus (+Summer)

- Isla Duala

- Sahrani (+ United + SMD)

- Takistan

What "unitclasses" versions we have right now:

- Vanilla: no addons, just BIS stuff

- RHS only: US and RF needed. Uses the RHS insurgents instead of AAF, so not so much variety

- RHS + CAF Aggressors: with a version each for Middle Eastern and European and African pirates to use as insurgents, whatever fits the island

- A single RHS + LOP version, using Leights African Militia, I intend to use this on Isla Duala

With both the CAF and LOP versions you should use a weapon replacement, so the weapons and magazines are compatible if you loot an AK from a russian and an insurgent. We use the HLC replacement for units and HLC-RHS compatibility addon so mags and optics are interchangeable between the AKs.

I want to add more RHS + LOP versions, but haven't checked which factions to use for which island. Not all of them have a lot of vehicles. I guess it's Afghan Militia for Takistan and SLA on Sahrani. Any suggestions for Chernarus and Altis?

Maybe I'll do an Isla Duala version using the included factions, but they use BIS CSAT vehicles for now, which I'm not a big fan of. So probably on a later version.

We'll see what I can get ready until Neo has the other stuff fixed, so no promises that more than what we have right now will be in the next release.

But everyone will be able to do his own versions more easily, too, and you only need to change one file when a new code update or island is released later on.

For Chernarus you are kind of spoilt for choice.

- Russian MSV forces from RHS Escalation

- Ukrainian Separatists OpFor from Leights OpFor

- Ultranationalist Forces Independent from Leights Opfor

Or for a more Gorrilla type forces

- SLA Opfor from Leights OpFor

- ChDZK OpFor Forces from Leights OpFor

For Altis if you didn't want to use CSAT or AAF:

- African Rebels Independent Forces from Leights OpFor would work really well

- RACS Independent Forces From Leights OpFor works really well, we typically use these forces on Altis for my groups missions.

- probably could also use Insurgent Independent Forces from RHS Escalation

For Takistan the choices are pretty easy

- Afgan Militia Independant Forces from Leights OpFor

- Iraq Terrorists Independant Forces from Leights OpFor previously known as ISIS forces

- Also you could consider Insurgent Independant Forces from RHS Escalation

There is a HLC weapons replacement config included with Leights OpFor if you wanted to use HLC weapons.

Edited by ShakyBones11