Vormulac

CO08 Escape Chernarus Ports for Altis and Stratis.

NEWS:

1.6 is going to take a little longer than expected because of work. Just to keep you guys in the loop here're a few things that are coming:

[*]Technicals are making a comeback.

[*]Patrol Boats.

[*]New Revive system. (Might be held until 1.7)

[*]Randomized loadouts for enemy soldiers. (Might be held until 1.7)

[*]Tweaks to weather to level the playing field with AI in fog.

[*]FIA units loyal to CSAT.

[/List]

Will the new revive system have spectate? This is the one thing missing when we are playing this and it would be great to get it back.

Neo'll have to answer that one ssechaud. That's all him :)

What I can tell you for sure about it is that it's got some interesting features that I'm pretty excited about.

As a "in the mean time" I did try to reintegrate norrin's updated revive but ended up with a lot of problems (teleports to respawn location on being knocked unconscious) and haven't had a chance to work it all out.

Will the new revive system have spectate? This is the one thing missing when we are playing this and it would be great to get it back.

Heyho,

the new revive is somewhat different from current revives (as far as I know). It will attach a "Hit" eventhandler to the players, captures there damages and prevents them from a fatal hit. Instead the players will get unconscious.

First I tried a insurgency-style revive with first person camera and animation. Even slow crawling into cover was possible. The drawback: If you are unconscious and have a FAK, you could break from the unconscious animation (what makes you an invulnerable soldier).

I think removing FAKs etc via script from a unconscious player is not a good style of code. I can't find a solution to completely disable the action menu (if someone knows a solution, just tell me :D ).

My second approach is a camerascript: Watching your own body and maybe following other players, while you are unconscious.

I just started writing the camera script, the rest of my old script can be used here.

But I still really likes the crawling while wounded thing.

Heyho,

the new revive is somewhat different from current revives (as far as I know). It will attach a "Hit" eventhandler to the players, captures there damages and prevents them from a fatal hit. Instead the players will get unconscious.

First I tried a insurgency-style revive with first person camera and animation. Even slow crawling into cover was possible. The drawback: If you are unconscious and have a FAK, you could break from the unconscious animation (what makes you an invulnerable soldier).

I think removing FAKs etc via script from a unconscious player is not a good style of code. I can't find a solution to completely disable the action menu (if someone knows a solution, just tell me :D ).

My second approach is a camerascript: Watching your own body and maybe following other players, while you are unconscious.

I just started writing the camera script, the rest of my old script can be used here.

But I still really likes the crawling while wounded thing.

Would these commands be of any help? The first one adds a cinematic border and disables the action menu but still allows movement. The second returns business as usual.

[0,0,false] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;
[1,nil,false] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;

Edited by Toxim

Hi,

I edited the UnitClasses to make use some of Massi's mods.

In this edit you are a US solider escaping a Russian camp on Altis. If you wanna play Escape with AK's and M4's you can do it with this small edit.

Mods required are:

* Massi's Russian GRU and OMON Spetsnaz - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19627

* Massi's USSOCOM 75th Ranger, Navy SEALs DEVGRU and Delta Force - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19132

* Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkc7mfh7sy0hu47/co08_escape-altis-massi_edition.altis.zip

I also wanna say thanks for porting this mission!

Edited by chains
thanks

Would these commands be of any help? The first one adds a cinematic border and disables the action menu but still allows movement. The second returns business as usual.

[0,0,false] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;
[1,nil,false] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;

Heyho,

I looked into those scripts and they are not what I need for the revive BUT I disassembled the functions to extract the commands I need.

This command does all the magic: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/showHUD

The new revive script ready for some internal testing. Looks pretty good so far.

Some features I created so far (but I can't guarantee all features make it into the next release):

• Reliable revive with unconscious state. Getting out of the script should be impossible. Works with all types of predefiened respawns.
  • First and third person supported.
  • While "unconscious" you can try to roll over and crawl very slow. Most actions are diabled.
  • Enemys won't shoot you while unconscious but when you are crawling.
  • If you die in water, you will be washed ashore.
  • If you die in a vehicle, you get ejected (will be replaced with a "Pull out injured"-action).

I will keep you all updated.

Escape Altis 1.6 Prerelease (Beta)

Prerelease (beta) version is available here. There are some issues to work out but for the most part it should be close to ready for primetime. A (mostly?) complete changelog is available here. Work on Stratis is going to once again lag behind Altis (hopefully not too far, should at most be a version or so).

This version is a prerelease (beta) of 1.6. There's been some rebalancing of soldier types/counts but mostly this version is a LOT of backend changes. Neo's built a new revive system that I've been having a lot of fun with. If you find anything weird happening feel free to post them here.

Oh, piece of advice for you: Move. :y:

Escape Chernarus was pretty much all my friends and I played on Arma 2, and now Escape Altis is all we play on Arma 3. It's pretty much the perfect Arma experience.

Anyways, I don't suppose the mission works in a way that I could easily play it on Chernarus in Arma 3? Altis is a nice island and all, but I'm not done with Chernarus just yet.

Escape Chernarus was pretty much all my friends and I played on Arma 2, and now Escape Altis is all we play on Arma 3. It's pretty much the perfect Arma experience.

Anyways, I don't suppose the mission works in a way that I could easily play it on Chernarus in Arma 3? Altis is a nice island and all, but I'm not done with Chernarus just yet.

There will be a A3 Chernarus version. I have most of the files ready. We only need to add the boats.

Neo beat me to it but Chernarus was always planned. Always glad to hear someone that enjoyed Engima's original also enjoys our version. As always there's more to come.

If a mod sees this post could they change the thread title to "CO08 Escape Altis and CO08 Escape Stratis"? Thanks in advance (if i'm able to do it myself I couldn't figure out how).

Hello,

I don't have much time to check for other replies since I am leaving without internet for a day, but currently I cannot switch teammates to Stealth-mode using team commands. If I try to, it stays stealth for about 3 seconds and reverts to normal talk mode. Is there a workaround for this?

i hope for a sp version

Just start a local LAN server.

Hello,

I don't have much time to check for other replies since I am leaving without internet for a day, but currently I cannot switch teammates to Stealth-mode using team commands. If I try to, it stays stealth for about 3 seconds and reverts to normal talk mode. Is there a workaround for this?

Is this related to the mission? There are no AI teammates in Escape as disableAI = 1. If you want to set real players to "stealthmode" you have to talk to them via chat or teamspeak :D

There will be a A3 Chernarus version. I have most of the files ready. We only need to add the boats.

Oh, that's great to hear.

You're all doing a great job with this mission!

Just wanted to ask a quick question about adding more weapons to this mission. I have a weapons pack that is working, correctly and I have edited the unitclasses.sqf file to include weapons from the weapons addon. In order to test I elimited every weapon expect for one from the addon. Units are spawning with weapons which are not in the unitclasses.sqf even though they have been removed. How do I go about changing this?

Right now the default loadouts per soldier are used so the arrays for weapons don't do anything. If you want to change the types of weapons for now you'll have to change the types of soldiers that can appear. These are in the arrays drn_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes, drn_arr_Escape_InfantryTypes_Ind, and a3n_arr_recon_InfantryTypes.

Some loot is randomised in the drn_fnc_Escape_OnSpawnGeneralSoldierUnit function (line 47 Scripts/Escape/Functions.sqf).

If you want to change what the dead guard carries he's created and outfitted on line 582 of ServerInitialization.sqf.

We're still in the process of rewriting a lot of the code and full kit customisation hasn't been finished yet. Eventually it'll be much simpler to go about changing the loadouts and gear available.

Chains has created a version with different weapons that you can check out if you want to see how he did it.

Hope that helps, let us know if you get it working.

Cheers

Hope that helps, let us know if you get it working.

Cheers

Awesome. Took a look at his and I see what is going on now. Pretty much the only thing that is customizable with gear are the boxes for now with the unitclasses.sqf for now then? Is the unitclasses.sqf is used with the escapesurpises.sqf units?

Yep, I'll be making a few changes so that it's easier to control what soldier types show up during which events. For now the scout (possibly recon, can't remember off the top of my head) array is used for paradrops and the other two are used for everything else.

Thank you guys sooo much for your work on this. Escape is one of our favorite missions to play. Any chance that we can get the playable slots bumped up to 10 or will that throw the balance off too much? We had 9 folks last night and one of us had to sit out.

We're having tons of fun with this! Really glad to see Escape come to Altis. Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks guys.

@Meatball: Going from 8 to 10 is probably the most requested change so I'll talk it over with Neo. It'll make it easier because you have more eyes and weapons on the field but harder because ammo will be shared among even more people. If there's no technical hinderance to adding two more slots then I guess we'll just have to see how it affects the balance :D

@Meatball

I use a 10 player edited version I created for the very reason you stated Meatball. I can give you a copy that you can look at and pull the files you need to make your own version. Mine will only work if your running a mod to control the AI. I use ASR_AI3 and I have heavily modified the way the ai is controlled in the mission files using the latest UPSMON update for A3 that I think has been removed from the latest version. Basically the same mission just with my added touches.

You can P.M. me and I'll send you the pbo.

Going from 8 to 10 is probably the most requested change so I'll talk it over with Neo.

My local branch is already updated for 10 players, so this change will probably be in the next update.