Sign in to follow this  
JTF

[IC] Internation Conflict tournament "The Way its meant to be played!"

If you're looking for a community of easy going fun people to game with and want to enjoy organized battles on Sundays look no more!

WHAT IS IC?

International Conflict is a tournament that was originally developed for a dying (pretty much dead) game called Joint Operations. The tournament features military style ranking, two armies, and a sunday battle day. The tournament is currently making a move the ARMA 3 to replace the dying Joint Operations game and climbing back to those glory days of 200+ members in a battle.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Basically there are two armies, these armies have separate rank structure, commanders, and troops and reside in password protected teamspeak channels. Every sunday, these armies play different modified maps and compete for around four hours in First Person only. Last Campaign there were several variations of advance and secure lasting 60min each way but this is not always the case as the game missions change. The armies will fight eachother every sunday for 10 weeks until a winner is crowned. After this happens we have a closing ceremony, everyone is removed from their army, new leadership is elected and randomized drafting begins again to select the army.

NOT A CLAN

IC is NOT A CLAN but a community of ARMA 3 players seeking a large scale, moderated, organized PVP game each week. For those who are big on modding, this represents a community where your game mods can be played on a massive scale. IC players come from all different clans, guilds, and countries. This is NOT meant to take the place of your clan but gives members an area to compete against other ARMA players. This "battleday" is only early sunday afternoon for 4-6 hours (again only come to what you can) and will therefore not take clan members away from their clans.

COMMITMENT

There is very little commitment when joining the tournament. Absences from Sunday battle days are accepted but you are just asked to make a quick post saying you cant make it and you are free to come and go on Sunday as you please. You do not have to play the entire time.

Link to IC ARMA TOURNAMENT: http://www.icarma3.info/forum/

You can also play as a guest just Hop into teamspeak during the week or even on Sunday "battle day" and talk to a UN member about playing in the Arma3 tournament as a guest.

NEW BATTLE MODE STARTED FOR CAMPAIGN 2

Promo Video -->

<----

The following is intended as a primer on how to play the new style of AAS, as developed over the last few months, and heavily revised over the last few weeks, all in response to community feedback.

Slot Selection:

There are five types of slots. All slots represent generic soldier types (except civilian). The primary slots most members will be using are labeled ‘IC Member’. Commander and XO slots are reserved for army generals. Public slots are reserved for new players. They are grouped with the Training Officer slots so that the latter can orient and direct the new players during battle. Training Officer slots are reserved for the UN.

The last slot is the civilian slots. They have access to spectator mode and are strictly off-limits to army personnel. They are reserved for individuals recording for PR purposes and/or for the UN to use to observe the battle if the need should arrive.

Loadout:

Loadouts are selected from the menu available at start and respawn. The menu accompanies the respawn location screen. There are currently seven pre-defined loadouts per side: Close Quarters, Grenadier, Light Machine Gunner, Marksman, Anti-Tank, Sniper, and Diver. These loadouts differ only in primary weapon and magazine choices, with the exception of AT with launcher, and Sniper and Diver with uniform changes. A player may select a new loadout anytime they respawn.

Optics:

Since most players prefer specific optics for specific weapons/ situations, optics are intentionally left off loadout rifles, with an action added after each respawn to select and mount the preferred optic. This action can only be used once per respawn. Please be aware the inclusion of regular rifle and SMG variants of scopes and select carefully.

Respawn:

On start or respawn players are presented a menu to select where they wish to respawn. At start the only option will be the side-specific x-ray. Once respawn vehicles are created they will also serve as respawn points. As long as these vehicles are ‘alive’ they are valid respawn targets, regardless of whether they are moving or stationary. No additional steps are required to initiate this function.

Initial Timeout:

Missions include a parameter to set a timeout period before the battle begins. The mechanism allows for all players to load in and get set up prior to battle. A player can see if the timeout is in effect by checking the bottom right of the screen; the space reserved for the remaining battle time will instead reflect the remaining time until start of battle. All vehicles spawn without fuel during a timeout, but will have fuel added when the battle begins. Any player leaving the marked x-ray area during timeout will be immediately and automatically respawned.

Vehicle Selection:

Upon start of the mission players in the Commander or XO slots will be able to spawn in vehicles from a prescribed list. At each x-ray a set number of traffic cones (currently five) at x-ray can be interacted with via the action menu to affect this selection. Once a selection is made, the cone will be removed and the vehicle will spawn in its place and continue to respawn in the same location if destroyed.

Vehicle Service:

Any vehicle can be serviced (repaired, rearmed, and refueled) by the driver of said vehicle parking close to a respawn vehicle, turning off the engine, and selecting the appropriate action from the action menu.

Identify Friend or Foe (IFF):

When a player’s cross-hairs are pointed at a player on his side, or a vehicle currently or last occupied by such, a warning will be displayed mid-screen to indicate its ‘friendly’ status. Current that warning reads: “IFF WARNINGâ€, though that is subject to change upon community feedback.

Capping:

Capturing a zone is accomplished through having superior numbers of players from your side in the zone. The zone is represented by two concentric black circles. The outside circle represents the boundary the player must be in to be counted. The inside circle is there simply as a visual representation of the progress of the capture. At the start of battle, all zones are neutral. When an army enters a neutral zone and has numerical superiority, the zone will slowly fill with that army’s color. When the zone is halfway filled the zone will be award to the occupying army, and a point added to their score. Armies can ‘super-cap’ a zone, remaining in the zone long enough to fill it to the outer circle (fully capped). Super-capping a zone increases the time it takes an opposing force to break the zone, as detailed below.

When an army achieves numerical superiority in a zone currently awarded to their opponent, the opposing army’s color will drain from the circle. Once it falls below the inner circle radius the zone will be considered lost and the point removed from that army. The occupying army must still drain away all the opposing army’s color and the fill the zone with their color up to the inner ring in order to capture it and be awarded the point.

Advancement:

Zones are organized in tiers. Alpha, for example, is a tier. So is Delta. The first tier on either side will always only have one zone, but there is no limit to the number of zones per tier otherwise, and no limit on the number of tiers that might be present. Only one zone per tier must be capped in order to advance, but any and all can be capped as a way to pad the score and/or stifle the progress of the opposing army. If an army loses a zone along its path of advancement, and no longer controls any zone in that tier, all forward progress will be retained, but the army will no longer be able to advance without returning to establish continuity of the advance through control of at least one zone in each of the preceding tiers.

Win Conditions:

There are two ways to win. One is for an army to control more zones than the opposing army when the time allotted for the battle expires. The other way to win is for an army to advance across all tiers, capturing the zone closest to the opposing side’s x-ray (rolling the map).

Edited by JTF

Campaign one poster

anoozc.jpg

Edited by JTF

Beta Campaign coming to an end, Campaign one will start in November. Sign up now to finish it up and get familiar with the guys/and possible girls.

Uhm, 250 man server? A.K.A "Play with 5 fps"? :)

Good times, I still remember crazy player numbers in Arma 1 :)

Uhm, 250 man server? A.K.A "Play with 5 fps"? :)

That server number was what we used in JO. As it stands now we have about 50 players live on server fighting eachother every sunday, growing fast.

What if your CO is a douche? Then we are stuck on a team with a db as a sarge or lt or CO... what criteria defines who is in charge?

What if your CO is a douche? Then we are stuck on a team with a db as a sarge or lt or CO... what criteria defines who is in charge?

If your unhappy in your army you can ask to be moved, as long as its done in a respectful manner you will be.

The CO's are picked by our Neutral party (the UN) they review applications and choose the best and most competitive options. The COs must meet a certain criteria not just anyone is chosen.

When the COs are chosen he will then pick 2 other members of IC to be his officers, and they structure the army the way they see fit.

What if a tournament admin starts antagonizing certain players by vandalizing their forum accounts and disrupting their voice comms? I had that happen to me and my friends some years ago in IC/CF, and none of the other admins were inclined to do anything about it (except short-term reversals of said misdeeds) because the offending admin was their buddy.

What if a tournament admin starts antagonizing certain players by vandalizing their forum accounts and disrupting their voice comms? I had that happen to me and my friends some years ago in IC/CF, and none of the other admins were inclined to do anything about it (except short-term reversals of said misdeeds) because the offending admin was their buddy.

That wouldn't fly now we have stern but fair Tourny admins, and no one is exempt from the tournament rules.

out of curiosity, Do you by chance remember the admins name?

That wouldn't fly now we have stern but fair Tourny admins, and no one is exempt from the tournament rules.

out of curiosity, Do you by chance remember the admins name?

I believe it was Mojo.

Interesting, personally I'd like to play with players for a while and learn to respect their decisions first before allowing some wet behind the ears 18 year old tell me what to do. (being one of the older players :)

Hopefully there are some roles for the more independent players who like to work towards the same goals at their own pace like piloting and supply etc.

Interesting, personally I'd like to play with players for a while and learn to respect their decisions first before allowing some wet behind the ears 18 year old tell me what to do. (being one of the older players :)

Hopefully there are some roles for the more independent players who like to work towards the same goals at their own pace like piloting and supply etc.

if there was an 18 year old general he'd have to be real mature and know what hes doing. Like i said before the generals aren't random. Also at the moment we have no 18 year olds our ages vary from 23ish to people in their 60s

Yes there are more "independent roles" when they're needed we have dedicated pilots (usually play 2 roles as pilot and infantry, unless they are the attack pilot. Also depends on the map.) Lots of armor roles, Recon team/Snipers. This sundays map has attack boats for the first time.

Also this sundays map is the 2nd last of the beta campaign, we'll then take 2 weeks break to give the new generals time to organize. On those sundays we'll have skirmishes then Campaign one starts.

Edited by JTF

Glad to see you back, I played in Joint Operations IC Tourny 7,8, and 11, one of the best times in my gaming career

Good times, I still remember crazy player numbers in Arma 1 :)
Glad to see you back, I played in Joint Operations IC Tourny 7,8, and 11, one of the best times in my gaming career

now you get to play it arma 3! :coop:

Registration for IC ARMA Campaign 1 is now open, the campaign begins November 24 2013. Sign up now!

anyone wishing to participate as a guest just has to hop into teamspeak and Poke a UN member with your interest.

I believe it was Mojo.

Celery, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, regarding Mojo.

The good news is the guy is long gone. (By force)

The Admins now are top notch, and would never let anything like that happen again.

Major map style changes for campaign 2 will go into detail when I know the full details, also playters will have the option of using the JSRS or/and Blastcore mods on our servers.