Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

The ArmA 3 ultra thin font - do you really like it?

Hi guys,

I am really surprised nobody mentioned the ArmA III fonts. E.g. in briefing, or the intermediate text when loading islands ("Biggest mountain of Altis is...").

I think the font is supposed to be modern: But IMO, it is not easy to read because it is too thin, almost like one pixel width..., it looks crappy and badly done, the room between letters varies too much. I'd always prefer the bolder Arma 2 font.

BI, you could do better!

Thoughts?

I think the font is supposed to be modern: But IMO, it is not easy to read because it is too thin, almost like one pixel width..., it looks crappy and badly done, the room between letters varies too much.

Well, IMO it's ok ( I'm in love with thin typographies ), but you are right about the distance between letters is way too variable.

BI could go with the thin Helvetica ( you can't almost never go wrong with the Helvetica family :p ) or the one of the London's Tube.

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography

I like it, I wasn't sure at first, but it's a nice clean font, granted there are some words that are hard to read but overall it's a great clean font and I'm thankfull they haven't used 'Army'

Impossible to really see anything in editor especially writing in triggers

Its 99% familiarty and guess work

It would be great for a thicker text

Increasing UI size to normal or large should help most reading problems.

Lol not reading cheeky

I mean to differentiate between symbols , brackets in particular are indistinguishable with current font and changing ui size brings its own problems with dialogues et al so not an option

Lol not reading cheeky

I mean to differentiate between symbols , brackets in particular are indistinguishable with current font and changing ui size brings its own problems with dialogues et al so not an option

Just curious, what problems?

Off screen probems , especially when defines from configs are used in rsc but more specific settings ui will be off screen lower left

i agree with sealife on the brackets. pain in the butt at times. but overall i like the look of the font.

Now there is a suggestion.

Second posting suggests Helvetica, which I agree with. But I also think it's probably too late. TBH with the first appearance of the Alpha we already have seen pretty much what ArmA 3 is now.