Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

ArmA III is a good game!

@NeuroFunker

So if the thread is about what people consider bad/lacking in Arma, there shouldn't be posts about how Arma3 is amazing? Btw, your sig is about bug fixing.

Edited by sektor
@

[/color]

You want a huge circlejerk about how awesome and flawless the game is? No critics allowed?

You are a joke.

thank you sir. Now you can leave.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

@NeuroFunker

So if the thread is about what people consider bad/lacking in Arma, there shouldn't be posts about how Arma3 is amazing? Btw, your sig is about bug fixing.

i don't care much about what is allowed or not in thus threads. I have explained the pourpose of this thread in my first post.

About sig, oh yes it does. But does that mean, i can't enjoy the game as it is right now, or that i say this game is perfect?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As i have wrote before, i have made this thread, for people who are not dissapointed and want to talk about stuff they like in the game most.

Guys, there are a ton of threads, where you can critisize, complain, anything about the game, here i'm tryingto motivate people, by talking about the good stuff from the game.

I can clearly imagine, newcomers, reading all the dissapointed threads, and them geting a picture, this game were totally buged, unfinished, dumbed down, whatever. I do not see a single positive thread, where people actually praise the game, without "fanboism". But actually, there are many people, who enjoy the game, if that makes you wonder.

So, may we, have a single thread, where everyone can tell something actually positive about the game, please?

Edited by NeuroFunker

- better AI , even in CQB , indoor etc

- faster road mouvement

- sounds & weaponry FX

- light

- huge land to play on

- addons

I can clearly imagine, newcomers, reading all the dissapointed threads, and them geting a picture, this game were totally buged, unfinished, dumbed down, whatever. I do not see a single positive thread, where people actually praise the game, without "fanboism". But actually, there are many people, who enjoy the game, if that makes you wonder.

Completely agree, sometimes reading this forum makes me feel a bit depressed. Some people seem to depict the game as if it was some kind of high school project, not a professional well engineered piece of software. I understand that some people feel disappointed, I do also notice that there are some areas to be improved, but people should also realize of all the improvements that came with this new iteration of Arma.

I mean a bit of criticism is good and even desired, but game bashing is just a No-No, and devs bashing even worst. After all this is only a piece of entertainment, not a life threaten issue.

I like the daily dev-branch updates, never saw that before in another game. And I like the open structure for modding and scripting, that open the game in every direction from real-simulation to the funniest-action-arcade. I like when new scriptcommands added, and this happen quite often. I like games with a huge modder&scripter community.

Most people who complain don't know anything about the evolution of gamedeveloping.

Many years ago, back in C64-times, a single person was able to create a 40,-$ game in a week from scratch. But game developing get more and more complicated, today you need a huge team, huge money, huge hardware and even more time to create a 80,-$ game. Especially the creation of game-content will take more and more time, because the content get more and more details from version to version. It is a evolution.

And it is a simple math: in new games you need the ~double time to create the same amount of content you had in the old version before.

Arma is not the real mainstream like CoD or BF, and BHI is a little bit smaller then EA and the others... just remember Ubi begun develop FARCRY3 5(!) years ago... and whats FarCry3 today? 8hours fun like a movie... and only a few mods... playing it again is like to watch the same movie again...

and whats Arma? endless fun in endless variations with endless mods...

I love Arma3, I love what BHI is dooing for people who like to script and mod games.

I like the working rear view mirrors. I am for srs using the game right now to train parking. After getting my drivers license I've never ever parked a car roadside between two others again, and just as OFP helped me with the whole basics, this game is helping me with getting other things down again. I've not needed to drive in about six years, so I am rusty as hell.

Which other game can easily be used to train things like that? Not GTA.

of course its great! most criticism is pretty high horse compared to other games and can only be justified with comparison of vbs / earlier arma's and of course philosophy..

Its a great game - of course it is.

I like the working rear view mirrors. I am for srs using the game right now to train parking. After getting my drivers license I've never ever parked a car roadside between two others again, and just as OFP helped me with the whole basics, this game is helping me with getting other things down again. I've not needed to drive in about six years, so I am rusty as hell.

Which other game can easily be used to train things like that? Not GTA.

Eurotruck simulator 2. With and without trailer.

Yah! A positive thread. Arma3 is fantastic! A few official patches from now it'll be all polished up. Alot of fixes in the works & alot of personal interaction with development at the feedback tracker. Whether you think it's the best or worse in the series, it's still Arma and it still a great sandbox.

So many nights I stayed up way too late playing this -

I remember telling the guys at work OFP was "the best game ever". I also clearly remember the first time I seen a video of Virtual Battle Space, my jaw dropped, I wanted those amazing features soooooo bad!

I'm amazed at how far the ARMA series has progressed, and truly appreciate every improvement created by BIS and by the modding community since 2001. It's crazy how unbelievably great ARMA 3 is.

CHykis;2516693']It's a greatest indi game ever! Oh' date=' but it costs 60 bucks, so how about NO![/quote']

why not visit russian digital stores instead? Costs 600 rubel only...

spam btw.

Arma is back with a vengeance :yay:

Love the new "movement feel".

Love the new stances system, much more "fluid".

Love Altis :cool:

Love the new graphics engine.

Beautiful. On dev branch 3600 view distance on Ultra = 30 to 60 fps depending on the load on a somewhat average rig.

Love Steam workshop integration.

Reassured about "futuristic" setting still being reasonably contemporary (plasma guns could be fun but that's not what I'd want for an Arma game).

Love the improved AI mechanics (even if work in progress :p)

Love the realistic holosights (at last!).

Love the improved sounds.

Arma's never been this good before.

Still bug fixing to do of course, but given BiS track record, this should go well :)

why not visit russian digital stores instead? Costs 600 rubel only...

spam btw.

Most of the AAA titles costs 600 rubel in rus digi stores, but they are not a bag of bugs and lack of content. Indi with bugs and lacks cost much cheaper. So it's not an argument.

And yeah, may be you are glad to give money for empty promises, but as I see most arma 3 customers are not.

CHykis;2516720']Most of the AAA titles costs 600 rubel in rus digi stores' date=' but they are not a bag of bugs and lack of content. Indi with bugs and lacks cost much cheaper. So it's not an argument.

And yeah, may be you are glad to give money for empty promises, but as I see most arma 3 customers are not.[/quote']

this thread is not about bugs, "lack" of content, prizes, and empty promizes. Уйди плиз.

Well since I voiced my opinion on what's wrong in other threads,it seems fair to say what I also enjoy in it:

-future setting was a huge plus for me,I actually wanted it even more futuristic.:)

-gear system,miles ahead from A2.

-Altis with it's great sandy beaches and finally some great medium towns(imo Chernarus it's still the best island but seriously lacked at least a medium city),though the Altis towns are lackluster in architecture diversity.Still it's a good island and has potential for diversity in scenarios like civ stuff with police/Swat/R6 type missions.

-more drone types and sentry guns(I'm a sucker for drones)

-great cqb AI,firefights are really awesome in towns

-booby traps,mines and other "oh shi'..." devices,really missed them in A2(blame it on Splinter Cell,loved to lure enemies into those wall mines)

Like I said great fun with these,I actually rigged a small town with booby traps with a few squads of enemies converging on my position,this was me=>:biggrin: when hearing explosions and being holed up in a house.

CHykis;2516720']Most of the AAA titles costs 600 rubel in rus digi stores' date=' but they are not a bag of bugs and lack of content. Indi with bugs and lacks cost much cheaper. So it's not an argument.

And yeah, may be you are glad to give money for empty promises, but as I see most arma 3 customers are not.[/quote']

Lack of content my ass.

That's such a double standard.

ArmA 3 offers more content than most AAA shooters, for a two thirds of the price. It's only compared to the unrealistic expectations of A2 that it falls down.

Depends on how you look at "content".

It's definitely lacking in the "official solo content" area. Only 12 showcases is not that much.

Not that I'm unhappy about it btw. I know the campaign is coming and of course Steam Workshop will help streamline UGC access (lots of solo missions, yummy).

There's already a lot of pretty good solo missions available actually :)

It's true that 12 showcases isn't much, minus a campaign. If I ignore the fact that 80% of played content will be usermade anyways. But then I have to look over at 4-hour SP CoD, which has no user content.

There's no denying that.

But, and not that I wish to defend CoD, comparing Arma to CoD is hardly fair anyway (for CoD lol).

Lack of content my ass.

That's such a double standard.

ArmA 3 offers more content than most AAA shooters, for a two thirds of the price. It's only compared to the unrealistic expectations of A2 that it falls down.

That's an interesting thing, looking back at how DnA and Maruk allude to "too MUCH content in Arma 2" in some of their comments...

I don't remember them saying there was too much, just a lot of left over content from failed projects, plus some half-assed refurbishing of ancient units.

You can tell what the design concept was with ArmA 3. If there's no bicycles (moan), it's because the ArmA bicycles were so hilariously low quality. They didn't even lean when they turned, and simply stopped instantly when you ran into a low obstacle at 30km/h.

well, pickups, hatchbacks and some other cars, were directly from arma 1, like zamak from arma 2 in arma 3 now. But i like, that arma 3 has nearly everything fresh and new. I like to have more quality content, even it's less then having half from previos outdated and badly working ones.

I don't remember them saying there was too much, just a lot of left over content from failed projects, plus some half-assed refurbishing of ancient units.

You can tell what the design concept was with ArmA 3. If there's no bicycles (moan), it's because the ArmA bicycles were so hilariously low quality. They didn't even lean when they turned, and simply stopped instantly when you ran into a low obstacle at 30km/h.

Pffft yeah, to say nothing of model and texture quality... it's especially stark when using All in Arma to view them in Arma 3 and comparing them with Arma 3-native vanilla assets... I can see why BI would essentially throw up their hands and declare "we're just going to release the sources to the community because we're not going to put any time into getting them up to Arma 3 standard ourselves." And yeah, it's also no secret that a bunch of the stuff came from Game 2. Thing is, it seems like a bunch of the community views Game 2 as a positive, whereas BI (or rather Maruk) views it internally as a failure (and one which was partially responsible for the Arma series) and even Arma 2 was partially a case of "pulling assets from Game 2 but making something actually deliverable"...