Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

ArmA III is a good game!

CHykis;2516720']Most of the AAA titles costs 600 rubel in rus digi stores' date=' but they are not a bag of bugs and lack of content.[/quote']

Not to enter in a war price, and I don't know how is the change euro - ruble, but today I've seen the limited deluxe edition for only 39€; which is really really cheap for a deluxe edition of a new game ( I have even took a photo of it xD ). So in the worst of the cases, you can always cross the border xD

To me A3 deluxe for 39€ is a gift ( I was thinkin to rebuy it to have the box edition ).

What I love about A3:

Graphics are simply fantastic. I prefer them easily over Battlefield 3/4's graphics, all BF has at this point is flashy lens flares.

Physics feel a bit more real. Sure, they sometimes derp out like they did in A2, but I still love them. Driving offroad is fun now!

Weapons feel punchy and just right. Sounds are better than in A2.

Base content is somewhere between sweet and adequate.

AI isn't as dumb. Still has trouble in CQC but it's getting better.

Altis is fuckin' gorgeous! So many unique places, so little time!

Underwater content is nice, and the seafloor looks sweet when the sun beats down on it.

The cons:

Copypasted machineguns/AA+artillery turrets, driver position in tanks, some weapons weigh too little (Titan for example), some vehicles don't have enough ammo.

Suggestions:

A few new weapons for each faction, perhaps one could be an AR-16 design, a change in model for the IND/OPFOR autonomous vehicles, civilian clothes being more unique. Ambient faction module could be cool! Civilian module would spawn civvie vehicles in a radius defined in the module, or if synced to the player the module "follows" the player. Same for factions, spawn dynamic units for a specific side around the player. A unique HMG for OPFOR would be nice, and female civilians are kind of a thing we want: Mk4 battlefield distraction, woman in a bikini! :p Would be cool if woman models were added with a voice or two for West and Altian female speakers, and the women got their own animations for weapons/unique civilian clothing models. To keep anti-female-player-people from having a fit take away their weapon slots initially. Community would mod them to have weapon slots, everyone's happy.

Edited by steamtex

these are the things i like:

Altis,

lighting,

underwater,

physX,

inventory,

anims,

quality of the models (especially characters),

clouds,

fog,

music,

radio protocol,

prerelease devbranch AI changes

i also have a huge cons list but i don't want to disturb the happy fun time people are having since i get the concept of this thread. :p

I love the game as well. The realism, the scope, the variety, the graphics. The sound is both good and bad (those explosions sound very real) while some sounds seem a little "thin."

However I do think some constructive criticism is appropriate too. A little light on developer game mode content, could probably be optimized better, can be glitchy (shouldn't stand when crawling toward a rock for instance), etc.

But overall pretty excellent and hugely refreshing to someone who got fed up with the arcade-like quality of Battlefield.

The new instances is just... Amazing, I have to be honest, free look is so simple, now I can't play other fps game without think why my head is stuck! =D, ano now with new positions, how can anyone play another fps right now?

Yeah, free look has always been a nifty feature with the series.

---------- Post added at 03:56 ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 ----------

CHykis;2516693']It's a greatest indi game ever! Oh' date=' but it costs 60 bucks, so how about NO![/quote']

The thread is about the good things in the game. Not to complain. There are like 7 ginormous threads of crying and moaning about the game. Even one with a signed petition / letter. Go to one of those & make conversation.

Edited by Pac Man

I enjoy arma 3. I like the infantry movement a lot.

(Though if I HAD to nit pick, I'd say that we need the ambient modules fix and working)

add jizztastic light shafts to my list. i know some say graphics aren't important but in a game like arma that is amazing at depicting nature things like that add so much. todays patch feels like x-mas (AI changes are back too)

add jizztastic light shafts to my list. i know some say graphics aren't important but in a game like arma that is amazing at depicting nature things like that add so much. todays patch feels like x-mas (AI changes are back too)

lightshafts? Something like sun rays? Didn't see them yet. :o

CHykis;2516720']Most of the AAA titles costs 600 rubel in rus digi stores' date=' but they are not a bag of bugs and lack of content. Indi with bugs and lacks cost much cheaper. So it's not an argument.

And yeah, may be you are glad to give money for empty promises, but as I see most arma 3 customers are not.[/quote']

But those games also aren't a bag of sandbox content. This thread is supposed to be about the good things in Arma 3...

lightshafts? Something like sun rays? Didn't see them yet. :o

Hop in the dev version, we have cookies :cool:

As a long time supporter and player of the Arma/OFP series, I just want to give BIS a few kind words of encouragement in here. Arma 3 is amazing and is the most detailed/ambitious game in the series yet. It's shaping up to be the Arma game I have always dreamed of.

For those that are new here and/or don't understand how BIS operates, do not fret! Just because we are out of beta does not mean they aren't going to improve and add many things to Arma 3 yet for free. Arma 2 was refined and updated beyond our wildest expectations post release for years. The same with Arma 1(I fondly remember the CTI update)! Now, ever since the surprise hit that is DayZ, BIS have finally got some serious income to take Arma 3 to heights we haven't even dreamed of in the past. The quality of work is really showing now and I have no doubt that BIS will work on making Arma 3 even better and more ambitious than what it is now in the months and years ahead.

Again, thank you BIS for this wonderful series/journey. Keep up the great work that you do!

Really, I think A3 is underrated. It's got so much potential, it just needs polishing and some fixing.

I agree. There are a couple of glaring issues, but the potential is there.

I'd say my top list of problems right now is performance, collision detection with walls, being able to switch weapons while moving, and not having as many guns/vehicles as ARMA 2.

Seeing lots of negative threads of disappointment and despair.

Just wanted to say I enjoy the game, warts and all.

Everyone knows its an incomplete product.

But I still get plenty of enjoyment out of it, whether its flying transport helicopters on missions or laying down suppressive fire from a ridgeline.

There are lots of things I am waiting for, and lots of bug fixes/tweaks/additions I'd like to see.

But I am not OCD and can still enjoy the game.

$40 well spent.

What would I have enjoyed more?

> Purchasing a more complete/polished product in November/December 2013.

I also didn't think it was smart to release the game so close to GTA V release.

All that aside, I enjoy the game.

I also didn't think it was smart to release the game so close to GTA V release.
Problem was that there was no "good" launch window left in 2013 (October is BF4, November is COD: G), and Maruk specifically wanted the game out within 2013. Still, I agree that I'm perfectly happy with what I got for what I paid for it.

Really, I think A3 is underrated. It's got so much potential, it just needs polishing and some fixing.

People get very impatient. Frankly, after playing ofp for so long, I was disgusted with Arma1 release. But it grew on me and the game turned out to be amazing within a few months. Some don't want to wait though, they want the perfect game NOW!!