Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

[SP Campaign] Silver Dawn

I'm afraid that the next update will be delayed a bit, I've just got a contract that I was expecting after Christmas and I'll be spending most of my time working on it.

But in any case, this campaign is not dead.

Null sweat, Misty! Earn some serious money so you can have peace of mind to develop a great triple campaign... Majoris hasn´t update his PLA pack and some other new addons may could come up (and be potentially included) in the meantime =)

I´ll keep replaying your campaign and Survive ;D

cheers

Very nice with some campaign play, very enjoyable so far.

However in mission #3 I get bugs;

When I put a charge to the ammo depot, only one box out of the four gets blown up.

Then, as I take the other boxes out with a PCML shot to each, the task is shown as complete, but then the task 'deploy to castle' gets checked off again immediately and then the ammo task gets cleared (and of course impossible to fulfill since there are no longer any boxes).

Any suggestions?

Good luck with the job, eagerly expecting more content from you as a late christmas gift :)

Very nice with some campaign play, very enjoyable so far.

However in mission #3 I get bugs;

When I put a charge to the ammo depot, only one box out of the four gets blown up.

Then, as I take the other boxes out with a PCML shot to each, the task is shown as complete, but then the task 'deploy to castle' gets checked off again immediately and then the ammo task gets cleared (and of course impossible to fulfill since there are no longer any boxes).

Any suggestions?

Good luck with the job, eagerly expecting more content from you as a late christmas gift :)

Thank you for the kind feedback! I'll try to fix the bugs as soon as I can, and probably adding a new mission.

I've been looking for a non NATO/CSAT set of mission s for a while - I've been creating my own set, but I'll be sure to try these out

Soon I'll have a few free days due to national holidays and the incoming Christmas days, so I'm planning to undergo a deep revision of the campaign. The idea is to update all missions, improve the code, add some of the new available AAF units, etc.

Although I was thinking to bring the history in two "packs/campaigns", due to my new and limitated schedule I may mix the ideas in the actual campaign, so expect important changes in the main story-line.

I've been looking for a non NATO/CSAT set of mission s for a while - I've been creating my own set, but I'll be sure to try these out

You are welcome to try them and give feedback if you will.

Edited by MistyRonin

YAY! Looking forward those updates (and new missions) and hope to see Saul and Spartan´s Su35S in the upcoming missions (along with all new vanilla vehicles) ;)

[EDIT] Good thing to have this update in your campaign, cus BIS´s ADAPT is scheduled to january 21st only =P

Cheers

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Sorry to bump, Misty, but in the light of so many new user campaigns arising, I really would love to see further developments of your Silver Dawn campaign, it has so much potential... I dare to say MANW potential ;)

Any help you need - included on my limited habilities - I´m here for ya!

cheers! E muito obrigado!

;2683636']Sorry to bump' date=' Misty, but in the light of so many new user campaigns arising, I really would love to see further developments of your Silver Dawn campaign, it has so much potential... I dare to say MANW potential ;)

Any help you need - included on my limited habilities - I´m here for ya!

cheers! E muito obrigado![/quote']

First thank you for your support :)

And about the Campaign ( read below ):rolleyes:

Don't tell to anyone but in fact I haven't stop working on it, remaking the missions and improving my knowledge in mission making ( I have spent more than 200 hrs only in the editor ). Writing and rewriting the story line and characters.

The main problem was the mods available ( because I don't like the A3 futuristic vanilla setting ). I also have in mind to be able to show different armies. But with the time some mods have improved, others released and so on ( you have seen me asking here and there ;) ).

So I'm quite close to have everything ready to be able to work in my very initial idea. I think/hope you are gonna like it.

All is subject to change, but the most probable "usual suspects" for the mod selection are gonna be: FFAA, CAF Aggressors and RHS Russia & US ( when available ).

They are just a few ones, you know that I like to keep them in a reduced number, represent different cultures and are high quality. The Vanilla AAF is gonna keep on the character list.

Soon more ( hope to have something playable in less than a couple of weeks, you are gonna recognize it ).

I may need some linguistic support in brazilian portuguese ;)

Edited by MistyRonin

Yeah, I´ve stalked your every move... mean, posts, but wanted some confirmation lol... As I´ve always said, count me in! Any help with my native language and hints with the possible brazilian character are my cup of tea... BTW, I´d suggest the use of UN units, but either massi´s or N-B USMC would require more than one extra addon dependancy... unless the Brazilian Armed Forces mod releases an alpha soon (they´ll have blue helmets and lotsa brazilian gear by then)! Anyway, hit me on PM and I´ll gladly help you with!

You´re still going to make a Triptic campaign (3 parts of a whole conflict, just like Eastern Wind) or it is going to be just one, massive campaign after all?

cheers!

Great news MistyRonin! Looking forward to playing a full campaign from you...

;2683703']

You´re still going to make a Triptic campaign (3 parts of a whole conflict' date=' just like Eastern Wind) or it is going to be just one, massive campaign after all?[/quote']

I take your word.

About the UN, I thought in the past to give them some lines in the history ( using Kaelis mod ), but you know my obsession to keep the mods the lesser possible, so its unlikely. Anyway I don't discard anything right now.

Concerning the parts, well the main story that I thought last summer, had already the three parts. But I still have not decided what format is the best. For now my idea is a campaign divided in three parts and / or the missions published in Steam as a series ( at least until BI allows us to publish campaigns in Steam.

Misty, you can work as Panicsferd with his Conquer/Control/Collapse campaign: post the first mission in STEAM with links to the requirements and link to a dropbox or armaholic page with the whole campaign .pbo, he later published all missions on steam, but we had the campaign.pbo to play it as such in the campaign tab and posted a new link everytime he updated it (I prefer this away, it gives more compromise or else it would be just a bunch of SP missions scattered away, without the challenge of beating a mission to pass on another or have 3 possible flows of mission as BIS does...)

Conquer campaign link - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251299359

and so did IndeedPete - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177261-SP-Campaign-M-E-R-C-S-mercenary-expendable-ruthless-covert-selfish

I´m just anxious to play as that brazilian character =)

;2684516']Misty' date=' you can work as Panicsferd with his Conquer/Control/Collapse campaign: post the first mission in STEAM with links to the requirements and link to a dropbox or armaholic page with the whole campaign .pbo, he later published all missions on steam, but we had the campaign.pbo to play it as such in the campaign tab and posted a new link everytime he updated it (I prefer this away, it gives more compromise or else it would be just a bunch of SP missions scattered away, without the challenge of beating a mission to pass on another or have 3 possible flows of mission as BIS does...)[/quote']

I like the idea. I think it would be a good solution. Thank you :)

BTW you can have way more than 3 flows for mission ;)

BTW you can have way more than 3 flows for mission ;)

The more flows (and thus, possible endings and re-playablity) the better ;)