Sign in to follow this  
harbinger

possible Spolier - quick Ending

vBulletin Message

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Dear Bohemia, I am sorry if this is spoil territory - but I just had to say this. I haven't bothered playing the campaign for a long, long time - because a lot of it was such a frustrating mess. I decided to give it another try.

Please tell me something is broken. End of campaign game, after shooting down a manta, and then a walrus chase that ends with you on foot, please, please tell me that falling off a cliff by following the target direction isn't the proper end of the game?

I got an achievement unlocked, and then an instant Game Over. No cutscenes, no nothing. Now I can't even get back into that game.

Sad day indeed :(

Edit - tried reloading after reboot and it takes me back to the foot part. Thats all well and good, however now after I've run away from a certain location - a certain cutscene teleports me right back.

Urgh - I give up. Going back to Strategy game. I really hope the devs can spend more time on this and fix it up and perhaps re-release. I even bought Arma 3 to give you guys some encouragement ;)

Edited by Harbinger

I didn't have that problem, as I was a bit far behind him, so I decided to take a shortcut, when I saw that he was actually going towards some kind of peer. I cut through the slope on the right of the path, going straight to the peer and managed to catch him up easily. I didn't bother following the path until the end, as I suspected I would arrive to late...

When you are on foot, there is no time limit, as far as I know.

You just need to cross the bridge (a couple of shooting puzzles there), turn right after the long slope down, then down again and you reach the docks, and the final cutscene appears.

I played through it a couple of times trying many different things. Eventually completed it "correctly". It's taken me nearly a year to finish the campaign, because all these little bits annoyed me and caused me to go back to Strategy.

Wasn't particularly impressed with the cutscenes or the ending - why do guns change from plasma to rifle and back randomly in FPS and cutscene? Why can the antagonist suddenly summon something that if he lets go of, will kill the game - but he's been flying an aircraft, driving a tank, and even waving at people? More holes than a colander.

However, this game is just begging for a sequel. Dump all the story crap, dump all the cutscenes, dump all the movies, dump all the ridiculous FPS sections. Just give us multiplayer, more islands and island types, fixed walrus pathing - and you'll have a lot of happy people :)