Sign in to follow this  
koffeinflummi

BWMod

logo.png

BWMod for Arma III

Introduction

The BWMod team's goal is to supply the Arma 3 community with a set of vehicles, weapons and equipment to be used in 2020 by the German Army, like the IdZ system and vehicles currently being introduced, such as the IFV Puma.

We are not associated with the BWMod for OFP and the earlier Arma games, but since the team around that mod abandoned the project, we will try to continue where they left of and equip players with high-quality vehicles and weapons.

Current State

At the moment we are importing the IFV Puma and various infantry weapons, including the G36 (IdZ ES), P8, G28 and MG4.

KheLVaAs.jpg hzrxyBAs.jpg RumpRQMs.jpg nvJldKos.jpg

Team

Project Lead: Hamburger SV

3D - Artists: Hawkins, Jan, KoffeinFlummi, Tonic, Sören

2D - Artists: Hamburger SV

Import & Configs: KoffeinFlummi, commy2

Scripting: commy2

The BW-Mod is hiring! If you are proficient with anything on this list, feel free to contact us either via PM to me or by visiting our forums at http://www.bwmod.de. Speaking German would be optimal, but is not required. At the moment we are especially interested in texture and sound artists.

Download

The thread for the current release can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171183-BWMod&p=2593517

Contact

If you have any questions, suggestions or other feedback, feel free to either PM me here or post on our forums at:

http://www.bwmod.de (German)

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

great to see someone embrace the future setting for a change.

will there be ports of the older models too though? i ask not because i care for certain models for authenticity but because more vehicles is always better :p. and i think no one will blame you if you just quickly port the old models. just a thought. i really like the look of that tank. keep it up!

YAY! Finally a thread for the upcoming BWMod! Hope to see some infantary screenshots here, just to tease us a lil bit more ;D

Are the EF-2000 Typhon in your plans?

Kudos! Keep up the good work!

;2514928']Are the EF-2000 Typhon in your plans?

FFAA has one in his A2 version, that I'm sure is gonna be updated foe the A3 version.

Said that, the best of the lucks for the BW Mod people!

Great!

Is there anything unclear about the IdZ-2 system's content?

Is there any possibility the MUSS of the Puma could work, even if it's just automatic fog deployment when an incoming object is detected?

For KSK, check the actual Y-Magazin issue for a selection of weapons and how their gear looks (basicly it's all Crye Precision Multicam of course lol) or check: http://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/bwde/!ut/p/c4/NYzBCsIwEET_KNsgUvRmKIg38aL1tm1iXGg2JW4sFj_e5OAMDAOPGbhDMeObPApFxglu0I-0HxY1LNapkCeh4CyhWh1JZu84s639NT4TPcSxCuhxJf7Atb6V1RjZSc1ChUr6hBKTmmOSqZKcUiGKLPSN7oxum7_0d2eOxpy3m7Y7mQvMIRx-XWRNRg!!/ where you can download the centerfold as PDF. The leichte Panzerfaust is the RGW90 system or future Wirkmittel 90. The Grenade launcher is the Milkor.

Notice the shaved G36 mags, they also have smaller base plates (~2mm less wide) so they can fit 3 instead of just 2 magazines in one pouch. They aren't interlockable anymore after that modification, but that doesn't really matter to them.

Edited by [GLT]Sarge

Great news! Was hoping someone would attempt this. Also looking forward to see more.

Sarge;2514992']Great!

Is there any possibility the MUSS of the Puma could work' date=' even if it's just automatic fog deployment when an incoming object is detected?

[/quote']

We made a missile jamming system which is working great so far. Actually the auto smoke screen is the only part that isn't working atm.

Great to see this on the horizon. The presented IFV looks top-notch, but that'd be to be expected from anything labeled BWmod.

Anyway, will you be doing contemporary Bundeswehr hardware or will try to aim at the ArmA III default future setting by introducing some current prototypes or concepts (like MAerder 105)?

Thats the Stuff im waiting for !!!

Thank you ! My biggest Wish will come true !

After were Germans always so painfully neglected by the developers, i am now again filled with hope. (the KSK in ArmA2 were the biggest joke !!!!!)

Keep it up and a lot of luck !!!

Best Regards and Wishes

(ST6)Predator

@ Bad Benson, Darkhorse: There are no ported assets that I'm aware of. We surely have no access to the stuff the old BWmod crew did and we wouldn't have much use for those either - most of the stuff the old team did is currently being replaced in real life by the stuff we're doing. Snorri who's helping us out with texturing was part of the old team though, so there's a wee bit of a connection between the old team and us.

@ topas: Our focus is on Bundeswehr equipment that'll be in use around 2020. So most of the stuff we're building has made it well past the concept and prototype stages, ie is already fielded or about to enter service soonâ„¢. There might be at some point a few 'what if' assets of sorts in the mod but those are on the backburner for now.

@ Corporal-Lib: The Typhoon made by RockApe of RKSL fame is stunning in A2 and will surely be rocking in A3. It even comes with German unit markings, so there is really little point in trying to do our own EF2000.

Exactly, Jagheterjan, what I meant was if you guys were intending to port RKSL Typhoon to A3 (with the proper permition, of course - I like to see modders partnership between addons, that´s what makes a real community), as they haven´t yet spoken about a transition to A3 (some modders aren´t happy enough with A3 to do this with their A2 addons)... or have they and am I misinformed? lol

Besides, does anyone knows if RKSL´s A2 Typhoon works in A3 without AiA? You have to install a whole bunch of addons (RKSL Sensors/RKSL Weapons/Etc) and I guess some of it may need something that A3 hasn´t... [EDIT] yeah, it works and doesn´t at the same time.. it flies, the HUD and MFD wroks, but it doesn´t have afterburners, nor the automatic flares work, well let´s just hope RKSL port it to A3 =)

Anyway, anxious to see this BW mod in full steam!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

@ Corporal-Lib: The Typhoon made by RockApe of RKSL fame is stunning in A2 and will surely be rocking in A3. It even comes with German unit markings, so there is really little point in trying to do our own EF2000.

Jan - If you want a special build just for the BWMod PM me on the RKSL Forums and I'll explain my plans for the Typhoon in detail so we can fit something in.

;2516135']Exactly' date=' Jagheterjan, what I meant was if you guys were intending to port RKSL Typhoon to A3 (with the proper permition, of course - I like to see modders partnership between addons, that´s what makes a real community), as they haven´t yet spoken about a transition to A3 (some modders aren´t happy enough with A3 to do this with their A2 addons)... or have they and am I misinformed? lol

Besides, does anyone knows if RKSL´s A2 Typhoon works in A3 without AiA? You have to install a whole bunch of addons (RKSL Sensors/RKSL Weapons/Etc) and I guess some of it may need something that A3 hasn´t... [EDIT'] yeah, it works and doesn´t at the same time.. it flies, the HUD and MFD wroks, but it doesn´t have afterburners, nor the automatic flares work, well let´s just hope RKSL port it to A3 =)

The official version does not work properly in ArmA3. The are lots of hacked versions being handed around but if i find you've been using one I will hunt you down and beat you with a large wet haddock. Or maybe a Bass depending on local availability.

Its always been our intention to port over to ArmA3 eventually. As a few people found out last night (by accident - bleeding autopublish on the website) we've already begun the work to move some of our content over but its going to take time to understand the engine changes and get back into the swing of things. But we have always been upfront about sharing information and trying to line up our plans with other peoples mods (eg UKAF IAP etc) but Jan is one of the ones I trust completely so something more is certainly possible. :eek:

Groovy! Thanks for the info, Rock, I´m going to try not to get too much excited by this ;D

BTW, I´ve tested the official RKSL Typhoon - both in A3 directly and through AiA - as I wasn´t aware of those hacks and don´t support them either (wet haddock, do you mean this -> http://unlucidmind.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/haddock-bbbb.jpg lol ... oh, you mean a fish! SO you could use a Cichla, but we call it Tucunaré down here -> http://www.midas-cichlid.com/CichlaMix/cichla6.jpg )! Gonna wait patiently for your offical port with a grimm in my face =)

cheers!

The IFV looks great! Damn, can't wait to check it out.

Extremely nice looking stuff you have created there. Coming from a modding background myself i am especially impressed by the infantry units. They look perfect!

Keep up the good work :)

A little late, but here's a recording of the first major test of the Puma:

The test was a huge success, and all the (small) bugs we found were fixed since then.

Meanwhile, we are working on finalizing infantry gear, weapons and optics to prepare for a first release.

The test was a huge success, and all the (small) bugs we found were fixed since then.

Meanwhile, we are working on finalizing infantry gear, weapons and optics to prepare for a first release.

We speak a lot about your interior view on : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168603-this-is-a-driver-view

Pleasure to view this work.

Great news! The SPz Puma will be an awesome addition to arma 3 and the german community! :pc:

Pretty sure they showed off a screenie of the 2A4 somewere (or maybe that was the Swedish Army guys?) but yes, a 2A7/2A7+ would fit in nicely with the Arma 3 era.

i love the sounds on the puma. would it be possible to add some subtle bass to the engien sound when you are inside to give it a little more growl? great stuff. really well done. looks very polished already.

Pretty sure they showed off a screenie of the 2A4 somewere (or maybe that was the Swedish Army guys?) but yes, a 2A7/2A7+ would fit in nicely with the Arma 3 era.

Arma 3 era, who wants that? :P

Very nice work on the Puma guys! I hope you could still turn your head inside the driver seat, even though this is a lot better than the standard letter box view. Nice compromise between the letterbox and the 3D interior of the Bradley in Arma 2. Still, wish we didn't have to compromise on things like that anymore. :)

The sounds are awesome as well. Keep up the good work!