Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

How to ID UAV Operator's QuadRotor

So UAV Operators spawn with a Quad Rotor in their mega backpack. If I want a trigger to trigger once this quadrotor is out of action what is the classname for his specific UAV - how do I ID it, seeing as it spawns as part of the unit?

The backpack itself turns into the quad copter. It's classname is "B_UAV_01_backpack_F". But a unitBackpack player returns something like 7962cf00# 1769823: uav_backpack_f.p3d. Once you turn it into a Darter it'll be known as it's pilot, like B Alpha 2-1:2. Same return from getConnectedUAV player. Values for this, other than classname, change everytime you assemble/disassemble.

Somehow the game engine knows which UAV you've been using though, like once out of gas packing and unpacking doesn't get you a new Darter. Not seeing how to figure that out via scripts though.

The only solution I can think of is remove the backpack and just place a named and assembled UAV next to the poor guy. He can then backpack it up if he likes although I have yet to check whether if he does this it will retain its name when reassembled. Any thoughts?

I can't think how to use this though? Doesn't this just trigger as true when weapon is assembled by unit? So wouldn't this require you to know how to refer to weapon which is the problem in the first place?

Anyone got any ideas? My next step is just remove the UAV backpack from the UAV operator and dump a named UAV beside him only.