Sign in to follow this  
axclaw

Could this be considered unsafe to do?

So i found this server related to dayz utes mod and on their website you can change your loadout for free by logging in with your ingame name and your player id

this can be done on the fly

i asked some player and he said this is how he changed his ingame loadout for free

i dont know much about this stuff so i was just curious if this could be considered unsafe to do via a website

could other players id be misused for hacker purposes and alike thats what im wondering, call me paranoid i dont care

i just want to make sure its safe

So i found this server related to dayz utes mod and on their website you can change your loadout for free by logging in with your ingame name and your player id

this can be done on the fly

i asked some player and he said this is how he changed his ingame loadout for free

i dont know much about this stuff so i was just curious if this could be considered unsafe to do via a website

could other players id be misused for hacker purposes and alike thats what im wondering, call me paranoid i dont care

i just want to make sure its safe

Sounds dodgy to say the least ... Even BIS tells you never to send them your CD-Key or player ID for support related inquiries.

Sounds dodgy to say the least ... Even BIS tells you never to send them your CD-Key or player ID for support related inquiries.

im guessing theirs different player ids?

i remember something about it in your registry or something so i mean the player id found under editing profile from the ingame arma 2/OA menu

You should have asked this on the DayZ Mod Forum but I will answer your question.

If the Server is a Private Hive the admins may ask you for your GUID N° which can be seen when BattleEye is initiated, or open chat console and type : #beclient guid ingame

This is a safe manipulation and will result in no danger for your game/account or reveal any private information.

This security check was introduced in an effort to reduce the hacking that was rampant in the year that followed the release of DayZ Mod, a simple white listing system.

This concerns only the GUID N°, nothing else is needed or required.

If you play on an Official Public Hive Server this will not be asked of you.

Please visit http://dayzmod.com/forum/ for more information concerning anything DayZ.

Thanks.

You should have asked this on the DayZ Mod Forum but I will answer your question.

If the Server is a Private Hive the admins may ask you for your GUID N° which can be seen when BattleEye is initiated, or open chat console and type : #beclient guid ingame

This is a safe manipulation and will result in no danger for your game/account or reveal any private information.

This security check was introduced in an effort to reduce the hacking that was rampant in the year that followed the release of DayZ Mod, a simple white listing system.

This concerns only the GUID N°, nothing else is needed or required.

If you play on an Official Public Hive Server this will not be asked of you.

Please visit http://dayzmod.com/forum/ for more information concerning anything DayZ.

Thanks.

thats not player, guid is different

check out this thread,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?106913-How-to-find-my-guid

in that thread a user called Taxman says player id is different which is located in the profile screen, which i assume is what the website is asking for to change your loadout for free on the fly

well maybe it doesnt matter but i will avoid that website just to be safe for sure.

Edited by axclaw