Sign in to follow this  
mrvinny1113

fairly new to making missions and scripting, need some help

As the title says, I'm fairly new to making missions and scripting and all that

here are some things i need to know:

1. How to spawn in with certain weapons.

I want to do a mission where you have to be stealthy and all that so you need weapons with suppressors. How will you spawn in with suppressed weapons?

2. How to call in airstrikes with laser designator.

I sometimes try to make my squad with a jet for airstrikes, but the infantry spawns really far away from me, so that way won't work. Is there a way to have a jet be on standby on the ground or air? Does it have to be on your squad? And how will you tell it to hit you laser designator?

3. How to call in a pickup or transport.

Pretty basic, but I need a way to call in a helicopter or something to bring me back to base after I complete a mission. Also, I need a way to have a unit arrive at a place at a certain time. Like if I want a boat to arrive at x location in x minutes how would I do that?

Any help would be appreciated.

The second question, The jet can be in your squad and not in your squad, it really depends on where is the jet, I had a problem with the infantry spawning far away so I just made an FAC(Forward Air Controller:) playable user and lazered it with him. If the jet is in your squad, you can command the jet to attack the laser target when you lazed it for couple of seconds or so.

Ad 1: it is possible to add a different loadout to units than the default by adding statements to the initialisation line of the unit. First one would remove the current weaponry and ammunition by a removeallweapons this; command, followed by defining the desired magazines and weapons. One would need to provide the magazines first and only after them the actual weapons to ensure the unit starts with the magazine loaded into his weapon. I fone defines the weapon first and magazines afterwards the unit needs to first reload the weapon in game.

For example if I would like to reequip a unit and provide him with 7 magazines of suppressed 5.56, three handgrenades, two smoke grenades, night vision goggles and a binocular, I would add to the unit's init line the following statements:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addweapon "M4A1_AIM_SD_CAMO "; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "Binocular";

The classnames for weapons and ammo are available on for instance the following pages:

BIS Wiki ArmA2 classnames of magazines and weapons

BIS Wiki Arrowhead and DLC classnames of magazines and weapons

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

As the title says, I'm fairly new to making missions and scripting and all that

here are some things i need to know:

1. How to spawn in with certain weapons.

I want to do a mission where you have to be stealthy and all that so you need weapons with suppressors. How will you spawn in with suppressed weapons?
2. How to call in airstrikes with laser designator.

I sometimes try to make my squad with a jet for airstrikes, but the infantry spawns really far away from me, so that way won't work. Is there a way to have a jet be on standby on the ground or air? Does it have to be on your squad? And how will you tell it to hit you laser designator?

3. How to call in a pickup or transport.

go into your editor: single player >editor

place a troop on the map F1 key double click map anywhere

in the insert window *pick a troop*

if you want a troop that already has a hushpuppy and a laser designator

side: Bluefor

faction: USMC

Class: Men{FR}

control: player

Unit: FAC Operator

get your custom weapon loadout types from this reference link :http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons

to set custom loadouts for other troops

now copy & paste into the initialization field of the same insert unit window so it looks like this

removeAllWeapons this ; this addMagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addWeapon "Laserdesignator"; this addWeapon "NVGoggles";

or another example:

removeAllWeapons this; {this addMagazine "200Rnd_556x45_M249";} forEach [1,2,3,4]; 
this addWeapon "M249_EP1"; {this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West";} forEach [1,2]; 
this addMagazine "SmokeShell"; this addMagazine "SmokeShellGreen";

click ok

now what you want is to sync your simple support module to > your troop.

place a functions module on the map F7 key double click map

from the modules window unit field click arrow down V and scroll until you see functions and left click select it > ok

repeat process and place a simple support module near functions >ok

now synchronize F5 hold left click and drag your simple support to your player

then let go of left mouse until you have a blue line connecting the two

test it now >click preview

press 0 key communication > support > call in airstrike

if you want SOM secops manager support that has transport & many other support types but without all the side missions

Put this code in the init line of your SOM game logic after syncing secOp manager:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

note: you can't have simple support module + SOM support as far as I know, so pick one to sync to the player & delete the other.

hope that helps =)

Edited by MadM0nkey
spellcheck

Air Support

I highly recommend this, its such an awesome script, you can do many other things too other then call in a fighter jet to drop a bomb on a target.