Sign in to follow this  
Tacti-Cool

Glass Defracts Bullets?

I noticed while playing yesterday, while firing through a solid glass pane, my bullets, seemed to be defracting at ridiculous angles away from the target i was shooting at. Has anyone else had experiences/noticed this?

Yeah, if you load in tracer rounds in a 6.5mm or a 7.62mm gun and shoot it through doors, really thin walls like the shacks in ArmA 3 you'll actually see how they penetrate and get their velocity and angle messed up. But I do find it a little rediculous when shooting through glass, almost acts as if it was as thick as the glass on armored vehicles.

The loss of velocity when shooting through the walls of tin shacks or other thin, penetrable materials is a little overdone. You can put a guy right on the other side of a tin wall and shoot through it point blank, and the rounds that don't go off at some wild angle will only deal a minor amount of damage (until the unit's cumulative damage level gets the better of him). If a 6.5 round can penetrate the wall of one of the white and blue civilian houses and kill a guy in the same manner, you wouldn't think it would have much trouble going through tin.

Well By the graph there, Which is only calibrated for revolver rounds, i was on the glass, my muzzle being on the pane itself, with a 5.56 rifle, and the deviation was 15-20m. That math dont work.