Sign in to follow this  
kebman

Anybody got some scripting examples in Java?

I'm just curious. Could thow of you who know how please post some simple working examples of Java implementations in Arma 3?

How do you...

• place a player down, give him some equipment and mission objectives?
  • spawn some enemies and give them some activities to do?
  • control the environment, and spawn stuff when the player enters a spesific area?

... with Java?

Any API documentation out there yet?

I am quite sure that Java is not implemented into ArmA 3 yet and am not even sure if they are still planning to implement it.

If this is a thinly veiled complaint thread 10/10

It's not implemented yet and there is no current ETA on when it will be.

There's absolutely no reason to want to use Java for any of that. It's all handled quite well with the game engine and SQF itself without the overhead and additional security issues of needing Java.

Actually no, it's not a thinly veiled complaint. I just don't have the latest news. Where do I find it?

As pertaining to Java: I don't see how Java has a security issue that concerns modding or mission-making in Arma 3. Also afaik most of the holes have been plugged. In any case I seriously doubt SQF is more secure with the rampant hacking going on in most public servers.

I'd still love to be able to do the things listed in Java as SQF seems a rather quaint and obscure language to learn. If nothing else, why didn't they just implement Lua when it's so light wheight? Any news on that?

Having something more familiar or easier to script Arma 3 with would absolutely ROCK! :)

Edited by kebman