Sign in to follow this  
barbolani

First impressions and comments from one of the first fans in Spain

Hiya!

I am one of the elders, not very active, but been a fan since OFP, and I want to say something:

I rather have a 10% of better AI than:

- More graphics.

- More vehicles.

- More weapons.

- Diving.

- Zombies (of course)

- Clothing

- Women

The real addition from OFP to nowdays, for me, is the grass :) Other things like arty, or High Command could be scripted in days before.

I am not meaning the AI is no better now tan before. But things like city combat, trenching, use defensive positions, use smoke.... Still can't see them.

Flanking seems "on route", but I could observe a clear flanking tactic in OFP DR much better done than Arma's AI does.

I think most of us want just one simple (and very complex) thing: INMMERSION.

With Arma 2 and 3, I see "inmersion" because the graphs are better and better.

BI: This is not the kind of inmmersion I am searching for. I want the smartest AI as possible (it is difficult, yes, yes!), I want to see them trenching if I place a trench in the editor, and never NEVER go prone inside a building.

And please, do not solve it with "super Vasili Saitzev shooter AI". I am talking about inmersion, not difficulty.

Remember: As a MilSim, AI will be a KEY point allways! More than any other game. Your oopponents and partners will never be 100% human.

Keep up the good work, but please, focus on the important thing!!!

So it was not enough to create an opinion post for "people new to the series", "for people that play since OFP", "for people who are disappointed", that now we are also gonna create a new one according to where we live... hay que jo...se

IMO would be best to keep all the opinions in the same thread, so if someone is interested in knowing players opinions will go there; but no need to flood the forums creating a new post for each one's opinion.

So it was not enough to create an opinion post for "people new to the series", "for people that play since OFP", "for people who are disappointed", that now we are also gonna create a new one according to where we live... hay que jo...se

IMO would be best to keep all the opinions in the same thread, so if someone is interested in knowing players opinions will go there; but no need to flood the forums creating a new post for each one's opinion.

jajajja

Ok ok, sorry, but I hadn't seen a "Post your Opinión, you spaniard" thread yet...

I too would rather have better AI than graphics.

Too many times I have seen the AI get stuck, walk in circles, not use cover, etc. The AI doesn't feel human at all, they are more like robots that need to be babysat for them to be effective at all.

Hey guys i have the perfect open world tactical shooter for you, with the best ai ever. Wwiiol is a ww2 fps mmo with detailed tank and air simulation, and no ai as all the units are controlled by real people and the graphics are worse than ofp. You will love this game as it has everything you asked for.