Sign in to follow this  
Schoff

ACRE mod - Install on dedicated server (command line help)

Hi everyone,

NEW LOCATION:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165188-ACRE-mod-Installing-on-dedicated-server-(need-command-line-help)&p=2513583#post2513583

I’m trying to install the ACRE mod on to a dedicated server that I have FTP access, command line access (haven’t used), and RCON access to. I have gotten the ACRE mod to work on my end (tested on other servers), but am having trouble getting it to work on our server.

I’ve tried looking for some guidance on how to install ACRE mod to a dedicated server but haven’t seen much outside of the client-side installation. If you know of any how-to’s please reply with the link—it would be greatly appreciated. There are a few posts on here, but I'm looking for specific help on the command line side of getting the mod to work.

I was told that the installation server-side was the same as client-side. Following that, I have copied the @ACRE, @CBA_A3, and @JayArma mods into the parent directory and created the ‘userconfig>ACRE’ folder and pasted the 2 config files in that folder. For the client side setup, I didn’t use the command lines to enable the mods—I just went in-game and enabled them and restarted Arma 3.

The questions I have:

Is the server-side installation the same as the client-side installation? I saw a post mentioning that the @JayArma isn't necessary server-side. Can someone confirm?

Where do I need to put the command line on the server side? Does it go in the server.cfg file (where I set server name/password and messages), or does it go somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,

Schoff

Edited by Schoff
moved thread

this is not the right section, btw you had to launch the game with additional parameters to the executable -mod=cba_a3;jayarma3lib;acre

Could you tell me the right section?

Also - I realize I need to add something like those parameters on the server. What I'm asking it WHERE does it get added? For client side I didn't add those lines to the launch options, but enabled them in in-game via the configure>expansions settings. It seemed to work fine... is it necessary to add the launch options in Steam?