Sign in to follow this  
moosenoodles

Breathing/swaying/downtime

I dont see too many people mentioning it, cant even to begin why not there should be plenty of military personel here I would of thought..

Anyhow, the whole downtime when aiming in higher than crouched stance is not exactly welcoming in arma 3, there is nothing wrong with having it in, but heck tone it down please.

when one brings up the sight to the eyeline and holds to steady for a shot, the steady is gone in no time, it allows one proper shot off of true aiming before its all over the place. Lets not go there with the whole you should be crouching to steady oneself, I am well aware of the positions one needs to relax and get a proper shot but I am just saying here that its unrealistic the time it takes to get sights all wobbly and you start breathing like you just run 10km with 60lbs on ones back.

I dont even mind that effect in arma 3 as long as I am carrying a full kit of weight.. but even with the american camel pack types you will still run and run out of breath like you have been diagnosed mnths before with lung dissease.

If there is a thread for this pls do point me to it I could not find it. I would like to hear others views on this and rather it be people who have actually been in a position to comment. Even under pressure the drenalin funny enough can make your aim count, the focus of ones brain goes up ten fold.

About the sway I don't mind so much, but the Visual and aural fatigue are irritating as hell. Even on a short patrol (not sprinting or even running, light jog at most) with feck all weight, I am looking at a darkening screen, blurred vision, and an asthmatic breathing in my ear for 90% of the time. I hate it. I want to enjoy this new beautiful island, but with the fatigue you just have these stupid visual and audio ques pissing you off ALL the time.

For example, to test and have a look around Altis, I made a small mission where I play a machine gunner as part of an AI squad and set a waypoint path along an 800m route with various random enemy squads that can appear along the way. I can then place this around Altis and see different parts of the map while having a bit of a gun fight. The machine gunner's standard loadout fills LESS than 1/2 of the encumbrance bar. Yet even within just small distance, without any sprinting or even jogging, I am seeing darkening screen edges and ott heavy breathing in my ear. This pretty much goes on for the whole patrol, it's just annoying.

So what do I do?:

player enableFatigue false

This is why I guess you are not seeing many people complain about the aspects of fatigue that this command removes.

I have not played A3 at all on line yet and I do wonder, how many missions are using player enableFatigue false?

I think the fact that they reduced the standard running speed by a lot in Arma3 compared to Arma2 is quite a big change, so I think they could dump the annoying blur and darkening screen effect and maybe replace it with the "wavy" fatigue effect from Arma2 and make it kick in much later than the fatigue affects currently do. They could also limit sprint further for very heavy loadouts if they wanted to offset the removal of the visual effects. The out of breath noise needs to be returned to Arm2 levels also.

I suppose I will be told not to complain beacuse I can actually switch it (fatigue) off, which I am grateful for. But that still doesn't mean I might not want some kind of fatigue that isn't plagues with stupid visual and aural effects that kick in WAY too quickly. Does anyone actually like the current fatigue?

About the sway I don't mind so much, but the Visual and aural fatigue are irritating as hell. Even on a short patrol (not sprinting or even running, light jog at most) with feck all weight, I am looking at a darkening screen, blurred vision, and an asthmatic breathing in my ear for 90% of the time. I hate it. I want to enjoy this new beautiful island, but with the fatigue you just have these stupid visual and audio ques pissing you off ALL the time.

For example, to test and have a look around Altis, I made a small mission where I play a machine gunner as part of an AI squad and set a waypoint path along an 800m route with various random enemy squads that can appear along the way. I can then place this around Altis and see different parts of the map while having a bit of a gun fight. The machine gunner's standard loadout fills LESS than 1/2 of the encumbrance bar. Yet even within just small distance, without any sprinting or even jogging, I am seeing darkening screen edges and ott heavy breathing in my ear. This pretty much goes on for the whole patrol, it's just annoying.

So what do I do?:

player enableFatigue false

This is why I guess you are not seeing many people complain about the aspects of fatigue that this command removes.

I have not played A3 at all on line yet and I do wonder, how many missions are using player enableFatigue false?

I think the fact that they reduced the standard running speed by a lot in Arma3 compared to Arma2 is quite a big change, so I think they could dump the annoying blur and darkening screen effect and maybe replace it with the "wavy" fatigue effect from Arma2 and make it kick in much later than the fatigue affects currently do. They could also limit sprint further for very heavy loadouts if they wanted to offset the removal of the visual effects. The out of breath noise needs to be returned to Arm2 levels also.

I suppose I will be told not to complain beacuse I can actually switch it (fatigue) off, which I am grateful for. But that still doesn't mean I might not want some kind of fatigue that isn't plagues with stupid visual and aural effects that kick in WAY too quickly. Does anyone actually like the current fatigue?

thanks for replying,, not many do these days regarding things like this..

Now that command is all fine right if you can get debug console up? but its primarily an issue in player made missions where its all locked down and fatigue system is on. Dunno I guess for single player rated missions, there could be an option in the main menu that becomes "ungreyed" out for use only when sp mode is detected.. that would help work around all these mission makers that are coming out the woodwork but dont seem to worry by looks of it about that setting :D

But all in all its a system that is far from perfect and anyone who's done it will say you can run for a ton further with much more weight as fit as one becomes as a member of the armed services and not become a delapitating old chrone that is on his last legs and cant even get off his knees.