Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

That's why we bought it in alpha...

how many of the alpha supporters would have bought the game if they knew that it won't be complete at least until january? i would not..

how many of the alpha supporters would have bought the game if they knew that it won't be complete at least until january? i would not..
... that's the attitude with which I bought it. :lol:

when you bought alpha there wasn't a set release date

Hello there

I do wonder though, how representative the anger is at the game.

Obviously, not many folk will come to post "great game its perfect" but people tend to graduate to the forums when one has an issue or a gripe.

Regardless, one can be sure the dev's are aware of the grumblings here and most likely will do what they can to address the issues.

Remember though, what the devs *can* do may not be all that many seem to want.

Rgds

LoK

Uh, I see a lot of that "great game its perfect" on here...

Where?

Well, I consider posts like "I run the game fine, what's wrong with your PC" or posts suggesting "complainers" are being paid to complain to basically be the same as "great game it's perfect". Just my opinion. But when someone is blasted for finding fault with the game, that's the message that is conveyed to me.

You guys miss the point. The quality of content will never be the same by mod makers as the actual developer who has access to all the sound tools, voice actors etc. The voice acting and the simplicity of all the single player mods out there are really piss poor. I've spent about 200 hours and almost all of it has been multiplayer because there isn't anything worth playing "yet".

My comment IS valid. They have a lot of balls to put out basically a multiplayer game with no content other than "showcases" which are very short missions. Although the showcases are way better than any of the mods made so far when it comes to actual single player content.

There are some mods though that are awesome most of them are multiplayer related. The only single player mod so far I've played that makes single player enjoyable is that dynamic campaign one but work hasn't been done on that for like a month.

And throw out ANY comments about there WILL BE content. That is the point - there WAS NONE at the point of release any different than beta and nothing new yet weeks AFTER release. That takes SOME BALLS to screw over their fans.

Its no wonder multiplayer servers and populations are falling off like a rock.

>Implying they screwed their customers by not giving them a buggy campaign on release

Well, it's not like ArmA2, ArmA1's release was any better...

Campaign? Yes, but was it playable on release? I think not.

I am hopeful that the time BIS is taking before releasing campaign is being used to ensure it isn't broken as hell like it was in A1/2.

I still think it would be nice if they gave more co-op and TvT options from the start though, in addition to giving us easier to use systems to make the whole thing manually.

Out of thousands of posts, there hasn't been one that claimed "the game was perfect". You guys should stop with the bullshit rhetoric & get real. The game isn't perfect. It didn't live up to expectations. There's little we can do about it here on the forums. If you're so displeased with the game (that you seemingly care so much about) then A. Stay ingame finding bugs and issues to report. B. live on the feedback tracker. Bitching about known issues on threads that devs will never pay any serious mind, isn't helping along a solution at all.

Edited by Pac Man

or you could just stop with your bullshit rhetoric and trying to tell people what to do. all i see it achieving is feeding the cycle. i know you're on a mission and all but did you ever think about the possibility that it might not help at all? maybe even worse? i dunno. just a thought.

What rhetoric? I only post solutions to problems if I can, rather than complain about known issues repeatedly. I don't go around lying either, making false claims in regards to "the game is perfect"... no one does. Thus a blatant lie.

I'm not up for a sparring session with you atm Benson & I was simply calling out a blatant lie. You don't have a problem with someone calling out a blatant lie do you?

What rhetoric? I only post solutions to problems, if I can, rather than complain about known issues repeatedly. I don't go around lying, making false claims in regards to "the game is perfect"... no one does. Thus a blatant lie.

I'm not up for a sparring session with you atm Benson. I was simply calling out a blatant lie.

oh it's on now brother! IT'S ON!!! just kidding.

i'm just curious what your point is. the game is not perfect so there's stuff that can objectively complained about. this is a forum. the place for that. so what you are essentially doing is telling people "please shut up". i just don't get it. make an appreciation thread like neurofunker and see how that goes if you think there needs to be a counter weight. :p

if you aren't interested in sparing then why bother coming to the dojo? you won't calm down a hater by telling him that he's unreasonable. and the game not being perfect (to put it lightly) doesn't really help your cause. if ranting like a bitch is helping is another question. all i'm saying is that you might, just might, be making it worse with your posts.

It's one thing to constructively voice concerns or opinions. It's another to tell blatant lies and/or spread the lies or over exaggerations just to get your point across. All in all you're probably right though, me arguing those points are probably not good either as it insights arguments... like this one.

You guys miss the point. The quality of content will never be the same by mod makers as the actual developer who has access to all the sound tools, voice actors etc.

I couldn't agree more. Leaving so much content community to build leaves the image of the game open to what the community comes up with. To be a professional, top tier and comeplete game you need to provide a certain amount of professionally written and tested content. I'm fine with the campaign coming out in chunks but where are the multiplayer games and coops. Additionally BI written missions and gametypes can also server as templates and tutorials for community made missions.

BI is messing this up in the long run and any chance they had of elevating the game to contend with other top releases is vanishing like a fart in the wind. The reputation of Arma will continue to be that the game is constantly a work in progress...

3. Playable sized maps with corresponding missions for single player, coop and multiplayer (current score **5**)

5. Professionally coded multiplayer gametypes (4-6 different types created and coded by BI) (current score **3**)

7. Complete and functional 2D and 3D mission editors (current score **3**)

9. Mission and scripting development documentation / tutorials (current score **3**)

3. There are hundreds upon hundreds of missions already available.

5. This will never happen. Aside from the lack luster "templates" that BI usually provides. IE; CTF, SC, TDM etc. Game Modes are left up to the community.

7. The 2d editor is fantastic & more convenient than ever. Every function and item (config) is built right into the editor. Any reference you need is one click away. Also, you can access the 3d editor (unless they changed it with release)

9. There are several tutorials available. Both written & video. Also, most of the time the wiki provides an example to any command you need. That said, if you've no coding experience, then no matter what tutorials are provided, it's going to be a long road depending on what it is you want to do. There is no "magic" tutorial that's going to turn you into super code wizard 9000. There are plenty of resources to learn from already. It's down to what and how fast you can understand.

The more I'm within A3 the more I really like it!

With that said, it is missing.

1. Tora Bora type map

2. Present day enemies / weapons.

The quality of content will never be the same by mod makers as the actual developer ...

Both addons and missions have always ended up surpassing vanilla content. Aside from cwc & resistance campaigns... maybe. Putting voice overs, stories into missions and/or campaigns isn't that hard. Being able to immerse the player with sound is a different matter entirely, but it can and has been done by community members. Depends on how much time you want to put into cut scenes and the quality of the voice actor. Voice actors can be found here in the forums. There are some good ones too, trust me. There are also some not so good.

Regarding actual mods,

Arma1 in example: You going to tell me the vanilla opfor units & weapons were better than Shadow NX's & Cameron McDonald's Russian Federation Units & weapons? What do ya know, the soviet weapons & soviet infantry in Arma2 were essentially a carbine copy of those weapons & units. Or what about Cameron McDonald's 1st infantry division? far better than vanilla blufor units & once again the US Army in A2 resembled these units .Or what about Robert hammer's weapon packs? What about ACE2 for Arma2? These are just a miniscule amount of examples of very fine work that has surpassed the vanilla content.

Also why should anyone throw out the fact that "there WILL BE content"? I don't think anyone was expecting so much in terms of missions, and i don't think too many people were holding there breath for the campaign, seeing as these last official campaigns have been atrocious, with A1 & A2.

The last I checked the MP servers were filled to the brim.

Edited by Pac Man

gotta have this quote as a sig lol

if you aren't interested in sparing then why bother coming to the dojo?

The reputation of Arma will continue to be that the game is constantly a work in progress...

That what it is and i'm perfectly fine with this.

That what it is and i'm perfectly fine with this.
And the devs have alluded to or outright admitted as much multiple times before the release anyway.
Both addons and missions have always ended up surpassing vanilla content. Aside from cwc & resistance campaigns... maybe.
Pffft, yeah -- some might actually like what BI put out, but a pretty common response to the "no campaign at launch" reveal was that the responders thought so poorly of BI's existing post-CWC/Resistance campaigns that they didn't even mind the omission, even if that's more "damning with faint praise/low expectations"...

Pffft, yeah -- some might actually like what BI put out, but a pretty common response to the "no campaign at launch" reveal was that the responders thought so poorly of BI's existing post-CWC/Resistance campaigns that they didn't even mind the omission, even if that's more "damning with faint praise/low expectations"...

Well, I don't hold my breath for things I know will let me down. I already went through that when A1 was released. I simply just couldn't wait to get my hands on what I thought would be -- "The best campaign ever!!". Which made me reluctant to give A2 campaign any serious thought. Once again it was a let down. Thus, I never even gave the A3 campaign a second thought.

Note: Not sure exactly what you were getting at there lol. In any case, these are my thoughts and personal opinions.