Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

You(singular) still don't get it, but i won't bother anymore with the fact that you took it to yourself to write your own(singular) opinions in the name of a larger group in order to have more weight in.

Pathetic.

I never called you a fan. You are a consumer, just like a lot of others here.

Again, i will say this again: you bought the game post release date, yes? You had the option for digital distribution, as well as hard copy. It is up to you to make up your mind and be informed about what is the state of a product before you buy it.

You choose to accept the fact that steam doesn't really have a return policy and go ahead and make the purchase.

mature indeed. Another plural from your part. It's getting funny indeed.

No one said that. None of the people who replied directly to the garbage you are writing here did. You fail to see the difference between someone who points out the flaws of your arguments (and calling the post you made arguments is such an over exaggeration in itself) and someone who is saying your are wrong about the fact that BI made a cockup out of this release (which is something i agree with)

I don't understand why i bother with your sort anymore, you're definitely a waste of time.

Another two plurals.

It is still just a video game, and you are talking things way too personal (at least from where i am standing).

LOL what? Another set of false presumptions, based on the simple fact you know little how things work around here. Most modders i know are actively working on bringing their A2 addons in A3, or working on new content for A3...ACE lads included.

two more pronoun plurals.

What do you bite back? I am definitely curious...

When he says bite back he means have a hissy fit on the forums. I'll bet that at least half of A3's players are NOT pissed about it. Not speaking for them, I'm just estimating.

Yeah yeah we get it; you think it sucks but let me tell you,it dont, and if you dont like get out and come back in 6months, and why give stuff bad score because you dont understand it or you dont know it? i do agree it needs work but it came already a long way,and it will keep going for a long time. Its a rough gem,but a gem nevertheless!

And a little searching can go a long way 2, there are heaps off documentations,scripts,tools etc. to do what and how you want it to be,beeing it in missions,campaign's,addons mods .

And to all that think it stinks, go check out the rants and BS that got dropt here when A2 launched(pretty much same like now with A3,and look at it now with hundreds off addons,mods,missions,etc. "BIS do a great job,but the community is the blood that runs trough the veins off the armaverse!"

BTW its not a FPS,its a Milsim sandbox, but i do suggest keep playing it,search the forum for all sorts off stuff like documentation,...,

My 2cents

How can you give a score to the campaign if it's not even released? Also, what competitors? Arma is unique, there are no other military sandboxes like it.

Content... I mean I'm still in awe at the BALLS these guys have in releasing a game with basically NOTHING to do other than multiplayer. I'm so desperate for content right now I'm trying all the crappy player made stuff.

I'm so desperate for content right now I'm trying all the crappy player made stuff.

What ? There are a lot of very nice missions released by the community. But maybe you could simply stop complaining and show us what great missions you can do with the editor.

I would like to see your crappy made stuff,and btw who puth a gun to your head and told you to buy the game? and nothing but only MP,hmm really! but again you could do it better right.

Diverse factions. OFP, ArmA 1 & 2 had Soviets and USA, each with their own unique set of vehicles. Now we have "FACTION 1" which uses "CAMO VARIANT A" and "FACTION 2" which uses "CAMO VARIANT B".

How immersive.

This thread has gotten nowhere. It needs to close.

This topic as a WHOLE has gotten no-where, BIS doesn't seem to have time to peruse the forums and listen to everyone's... not even feedback, just bitching.

They're working on making content as we speak, people. Consider that.

content... I mean i'm still in awe at the balls these guys have in releasing a game with basically nothing to do other than multiplayer. I'm so desperate for content right now i'm trying all the crappy player made stuff.

Now you not only insult Bohemia, you insult the people who pour hours into missions for you to play as well?

You disgust me. We've got 12 scenarios, the first part of the campaign that will be released within 2-3 weeks, and hundreds of scenarios to play made by the community. Stuff like DUWS, Whole Lotta Altis....

Think you're such a great judge? MAKE SOME GREAT CONTENT YOURSELF.

Now then, my ratings:

1. Stable / Optimized core game engine: 7.5, optimization isn't the greatest but I haven't had a single crash through the entire alpha to release.

2. High performance multiplayer / server setup: ? I can't rate this, as multiplayer performance is dependant on the server itself.

3. Playable sized maps with corresponding missions for single player, coop and multiplayer: 9. Altis is a masterpiece to me, and there are several multiplayer co-op levels, as well as multiple singleplayer scenarios, (like it or not they basically ARE scenarios) AND player-vs-player while not included stock with the game is EASIER than ever to make.

4. Professionally written single player campaign: ? Time will tell.

5. Professionally coded multiplayer gametypes: 4, we could do with more. The included missions are decent. As noted above, it's still easier than before to make PVP.

6. Gameplay training tutorials (boot camp): 8, the showcases and in-game tips show the ropes well.

7. Complete and functional 2D and 3D mission editors: 8. BIS never said they would give us a 3D editor, so stop having a fit about it. I swear, BIS customers are the most entitled pricks ever.

8. Comprehensive server and admin tools: Can't comment on this at the moment.

9. Mission and scripting development documentation / tutorials: ? Hasn't been provided for ArmA2 anyways, so stop bitching. At least A3's editor is easier to use.

10. Well written documentation and support for all of the above: 8, the field manual is a great place to read up on tech.

Edited by steamtex

even if he can't make good content that doesn't make his criticism less valid.

I really like Arma 3. I just broke 300 hours.

I don't like the medical system. I don't like the vehicles, especially jets. I don't like the weapons. I don't like the future setting. I don't like the inventory system.

I love stance adjust. Its such a huge deal to me. I love the more responsive controls. I love the weight of vehicles and the way they handle is a massive improvement. I like the performance increases over Arma 2. The game looks very good.

Ultimately I'd like to see BIS support allinarma and let us fight back in Takistan with M4s and AK47s again. I want to fly an A10 and strafe T-72s, or jump from a C130. Chernarus still has a special place for me as well.

Altos and Stratis are nice but the buildings seem so barren without furniture. really a minor gripe, but not all buildings are enterable. I was let down that they dropped the toh flight model as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

This topic as a WHOLE has gotten no-where, BIS doesn't seem to have time to peruse the forums and listen to everyone's... not even feedback, just bitching.

They're working on making content as we speak, people. Consider that.

Some of it is feedback. You can't just consider any negative comment bitching. It's stuff like this that continues the perpetual "sparring". Stuff like trying to make the case that it's the people with issues with the game that are the sole cause of strife on these forums. And that's not true. It is equally unhelpful for those without issues to try to crap on those with issues by trivializing their complaints with the game. Some of those complaints aren't justified, but some are legitimate.

Not all constructive feedback is positive, or is simply a bug report. And the issue with some people regarding content isn't simply the lack of content, but the lack of unique content. So simply saying "there will be content" doesn't suffice. Nor does the attitude that the modding community will fill in the gap. BI shouldn't let the modding community fill in the gap that they have left. Mods should be an addon to the game, not a replacement or a fix for incomplete features. That said, there's no point for this thread because it's going back and forth between those who think this game is the worst ever and those who think this game is the best ever.

Now you not only insult Bohemia, you insult the people who pour hours into missions for you to play as well?

You disgust me. We've got 12 scenarios, the first part of the campaign that will be released within 2-3 weeks, and hundreds of scenarios to play made by the community. Stuff like DUWS, Whole Lotta Altis....

His statement about the community is even more imbecile considering one of the BIS A3 campaign devs made "crappy player stuff" before:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9010

Edited by Icewindo

Some of it is feedback. You can't just consider any negative comment bitching. It's stuff like this that continues the perpetual "sparring". Stuff like trying to make the case that it's the people with issues with the game that are the sole cause of strife on these forums. And that's not true. It is equally unhelpful for those without issues to try to crap on those with issues by trivializing their complaints with the game. Some of those complaints aren't justified, but some are legitimate.

Not all constructive feedback is positive, or is simply a bug report. And the issue with some people regarding content isn't simply the lack of content, but the lack of unique content. So simply saying "there will be content" doesn't suffice. Nor does the attitude that the modding community will fill in the gap. BI shouldn't let the modding community fill in the gap that they have left. Mods should be an addon to the game, not a replacement or a fix for incomplete features. That said, there's no point for this thread because it's going back and forth between those who think this game is the worst ever and those who think this game is the best ever.

I just kind of feel angry in two ways: I'm a little mad at BIS for releasing it now instead of waiting until October, and I'm mostly just mad at all the topics that keep popping up on the forums about players who are ENTIRELY mad at BIS for it and seem to just want to rant.

Yeah yeah we get it; you think it sucks but let me tell you,it dont, and if you dont like get out and come back in 6months, and why give stuff bad score because you dont understand it or you dont know it? i do agree it needs work but it came already a long way,and it will keep going for a long time. Its a rough gem,but a gem nevertheless!

...and your opinion is just as valid as mine. I also played A2 for a long time and watched it get better, more stable and more polished over a 4 year stretch. I expect A3 to do the same thing. Do I think it sucks? Yes and no. I have 200+ hours into it. I have had a lot of fun with it and a lot of frustration as well. The latest patch is horrible though on the stability front.

Now maybe your an A3 fanboy and BI can do no wrong...not you personally but people in general. Or maybe your new to Arma and feel like the game is just a pile of junk. You nt willing wait 4 years for it to get fixed..get content and such. Players come in all shapes and sizes. I for one had hoped BI had vision and enough talent to pull together a cohesive game from the get go rather than another 4 year project we get to have fun with and bang out heads against the wall as well when its broken in spots.

On that frontas far as I can tell, they are on the same path as A2...and like one reviewer said. Arma 3 will be a great game in 2015...or as someone in A2 said..BI puts out the game and leaves it for the community to fix it. Feels like more of the same there to me.

I'd just like to see them up their game a bit and rise to the level of other top tier games. I love the fact that A2 and A3 are open to development. I just wish the overall package were a lot more finished when they call if a full release rather than feeling like its some beta level game we have to wait for them to fix in the coming years.

Edited by Bvrettski

it's like a dojo. we come here for sparing ;)

Lol, pretty much. The devs don't close it because they know another one will just spring up to replace it.

After giving it all some thought for a while:

Yeah, the game isn't done.

No, I'm not defending BIS, but I actually feel sorry for them. So much of the community is trying to whip them into submission, I'd not think they want to work overtime to finish the game when none of their customers can spare the patience to wait before bashing on them for the littlest thing.

I think the above attitude represents a general "fed up" attitude on the part of consumers with the gaming industry.

Games being remade on the same engine

Released unfinished and full of bugs

(In other games) high priced DLC content just to make the game complete

I really like Arma, but I think there is a general distrust of developers, and to be honest, a game should be released in a complete and working form.

I mean, how about we start paying for a game the same way they give it to us? If the game is only 60% complete, I'll give them 60% of retail to play it. Once they complete 100% of the game and have it in working order, they'll get the rest of the money for it from consumers.

If that were the case I bet we'd start seeing a lot more completed, bug-free games a lot faster.

Whenever you can do half the job for the full price, most people will just do half the job. I know, I'm in a biology lab right now and half my group is content to just sit back and let me (and another student) do all the work and they don't care a bit about the added pressure that puts on us... but they enjoy those As my hard work has earned them, I'm sure.

Anyway, point is that I think people tend to only work as hard as they have to. And if devs can release unfinished games and still make a lot of money, they will. The only thing preventing that is consumer pushback.

I mean, how about we start paying for a game the same way they give it to us? If the game is only 60% complete, I'll give them 60% of retail to play it. Once they complete 100% of the game and have it in working order, they'll get the rest of the money for it from consumers.

If that were the case I bet we'd start seeing a lot more completed, bug-free games a lot faster.

This.

I think the above attitude represents a general "fed up" attitude on the part of consumers with the gaming industry.

Games being remade on the same engine

Released unfinished and full of bugs

(In other games) high priced DLC content just to make the game complete

I really like Arma, but I think there is a general distrust of developers, and to be honest, a game should be released in a complete and working form.

Whenever you can do half the job for the full price, most people will just do half the job. I know, I'm in a biology lab right now and half my group is content to just sit back and let me (and another student) do all the work and they don't care a bit about the added pressure that puts on us... but they enjoy those As my hard work has earned them, I'm sure.

Anyway, point is that I think people tend to only work as hard as they have to. And if devs can release unfinished games and still make a lot of money, they will. The only thing preventing that is consumer pushback.

Arma has always been this way. The dedicated dev team adds onto the game over time and it just gets better.

Hello there

I do wonder though, how representative the anger is at the game.

Obviously, not many folk will come to post "great game its perfect" but people tend to graduate to the forums when one has an issue or a gripe.

Regardless, one can be sure the dev's are aware of the grumblings here and most likely will do what they can to address the issues.

Remember though, what the devs *can* do may not be all that many seem to want.

Rgds

LoK