Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

Well Pufu, you have to admit that People expected Arma 3 to be a little bit different than it is now. I bought the Alpha the day it came out but I really couldn´t have known at that point that this game will release with only one jet (more was shown in screenshots by BIS), that it will have so few vehicels with shared assets on top (turrets), and no campaign. At no point did BIS say that they binned most of pre 2013 work before they rolled out the alpha.

Not that i bought the game in the 2nd day of the alpha, but i payed for the supporter edition, just for the simple reason that i actually wanted to support BI, and not for the A3, but for previous titles i have spent a lot of time with. Besides, i hardly play arma all that much these days, i prefer to create content for it.

When you preorder a game, or you buy a game in the alpha stage, you take some chances. You do it, partly, based on presumptions, and previous experiences, yes. Still, no one forced you to do it. Dwarden for instance said the following:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?53441-Upcoming-tactical-shooter-from-Blackfoot-Studios-Ground-Branch&p=2512521&viewfull=1#post2512521

and actually, he might be right

The lad seems to have bought the game AFTER the release date (based on the price range), hence my post.

Wow mature.

If you can't stand us "whiners" then why do you even talk about it? I find your post uninteresting as you trash me in EVERY part.

It isn't about not standing whiners in general, it isn't even about not standing you as a person (again, "us" vs "I"). Just that you have no point to make...

Oh, and i don't talk when i write, at least not to the monitor.

I have to say it, are you stupid? Everything I said was MY opinion and the first thing you did was saying "EH GO BACK TO ARMA 2 THEN, NO ONE FORCED YOU TO BUY IT" <-- DID I SAY SO? NO! About the aggressive part, I was talking to everybody, not you. Oh one last thing, I was NOT talking about you after I said: "Are you serioustly blind...? "We're not "fans". More like ANGRY CUSTOMERS" No offence, but even I noticed that at once."

Take a chill pill lad. It's only a video game.

Also about "bought the game part that I did not research the offical website", I did. There was said there would be 40 weapons (not talking about variants here) etc.

It also said in A2 that there are 102 (or so), and that was including the variants.

There is a site called http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_III where you can check guns in games and in movies in detail. Guess you missed it if the very reason you bought this game was for the wide range of weapon models available.

What would that 'homework' have been, that some of these unhappy customers should have done ?

To check the game is always sold without a campaign ?

Perhaps to ignore the advertising of a campaign and details of storyline, that would be in the game at release ?

Or on the other hand to forget the content that was said to have been planned for inclusion in A3 at release ?

I don't know about you, but when i buy a product, be it a game, a camera, a computer, or a car, i actually check to see what i get for the money i spend. For me, A3 was one of the few exceptions where i paid before the product was released.

All that information was available on the web post-release, isn't it?

To get the correct idea of what they were buying, as you see it, a link to the site saying how it would be released, would be handy, if you can supply it, just to check they're not making it all up.

You know, the site/place it said that the game your buying would not have a campaign or much content, be as buggy as all the other titles etc. ?

All the reviews said the same.

Alpha or Beta doesn’t have to have anything much, its all a build up to the game release ‘proper’. But, selling the game early via the alpha and beta, in an enticing way, 'get in and get it, at a lower price', is fine, provided you don't say anything about what maybe included on release. But to my knowledge, although your going to provide the ‘link’ to other stated information to the contrary, but to my knowledge, the selling was based on what the game would be at release, that was the enticement to buy. The information I saw leading upto A3, which lets be honest was a long process, always gushed about what would be in there on release.

I may have missed something, but that's mainly, no, that's all, I ever read regards A3 info from BIS.

yes, it is marketing. They've done it, just like other did. I am not defending BI, there is nothing for me for doing it.

I am also quite a bit disappointed about the copy pasted situation rather than anything else (such as less content than other games). That said, i am working on filling the gap where i feel it is emptier than it should, or doesn't feel my needs. Besides, i always buy this sort of game for the sandbox, not for the content

But i doubt you see me whining about it. If i would be really dissapointed, i would have traded arma, or just forget about it. For me the money is not a real issue, but that said, i always vote with the wallet.

Some on here need to get out of this BIS bubble they live in. BIS have upset and let down some/many customers, period. Doesn't matter how much you love BI for their games, defend them for 'whatever', there comes a time when you simple have to put your hands up and say, look, its a mess..

I don't care regards A3 and its release, provided it had the Editor, that's all I was interested in. But you have to see they're point, or you truly are living on another planet..:rolleyes:

I see the point where is a point to be seen.

I see the point of all this, I just think that it doesn't help BIS's case that gamers are for all intents and purposes the WORST customers to have bar none.

i didn't wanna say more because some people's input is highly uninspiring/uninspired. but yea of course the solution to a half assed health system is dumbing it down even more. what you end up is just a medic with a heal action. fantastic! pac man you saved the day! now tell me how i can remove the bleeding system to "improve" the health system even more. teach me all the things sir! oh please!

You're the one who said FAKS weren't optional... no big deal. Idk your capabilities & I'm sure you're some sort of coding guru. I wasn't trying to teach you anything. I was simply stating the obvious after a blatant statement by you, that claimed faks aren't optional. But then again, are you playing the official showcases or what? Most good missions don't even have faks. Most persons who would make a decent mission ( veterans of the series most times ) are going to take the faks out in any case. In other words, essentially any mission worth playing isn't going to have faks. So why all of the concern about faks? Worried someone, somewhere, on some server may posses and/or use one? In all seriousness, I don't undrstand this whole FAK issue. I can understand bitching about the medical system.

It also only takes a minute to download a bipod and weapon resting mod - does that mean I shouldn't be pushing for functional bipods being implemented into the vanilla game?

You are missing the point. Entirely...

You don't need to download anything. You can use one of the many loop commands available to iterate through the units/players and remove the faks... entirely. As for faks in general, there would be some use for them in certain circumstances. Just like irl.

Edited by Pac Man

Who is "we" in your sentence? (my personal "love" for people talking with plural self)

"We" are the people "you" are trying to call fans.

Secondly, an angry or unsatisfied customer can always take the product back. You as a customer can choose where you buy the said product. If you have the steam version, good luck getting your money back. Is hardly BI problem that you didn't do your homework BEFORE you made the purchase

And no, you can't take the product back. Which is why people are angry when they find out this software is literally nothing more than a sandbox editor.

Hence, why most of us HATE Steam. May it burn in Hell.

And no, you can't take the product back. Which is why people are angry when they find out this software is literally nothing more than a sandbox editor.

A bit of research before buying the game could have prevent that. BTW if you hate Steam why are you using it? As far as I know no one has been forced to use it...

In my opinion some people in this forums abuse of the Majestic Plural, trying to gain more power for their arguments blaming that they represent an undetermined collective.

GOD, you made me laugh out loud! It is you handful of FANBOYS that keep trying to say that EVERYONE just loves this game. NO. We don't! We are angry! Any idiot can see that this game is TOTALLY HALF BAKED! Like I'm going to wait YEARS and HOPE that they actually correct all the bugs, bring in some actual content, and make some official missions. Even some of the WELL KNOWN MODDERS have declined to work on this game. Even ACE looks like they are not coming to the party.

---------- Post added at 03:57 ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 ----------

[quote=-Coulum-;2519075

If people are "not fans but customers" as they claim to be they should realize that the best way to get a company to change their ways is simply not to support them.

Believe me, were not going to make that mistake about this company again. The "customers" like me will make sure to see what exactly were buying next time. My trust of BIS is gone.

GOD, you made me laugh out loud! It is you handful of FANBOYS that keep trying to say that EVERYONE just loves this game-

I'm glad I made you laugh. BTW I didn't specified any "side", I just think that the use of majestic plural is a really bad way to defend/empower your arguments ( no matter if you think that A3 is god or a piece of trash ). :rolleyes:

As I said, IMO people should stick to their personal opinion unless they have proof of the ones they "represent" ( poll results, signatures, etc. )

NO. We don't! We are angry! Any idiot can see that this game is TOTALLY HALF BAKED! Like I'm going to wait YEARS and HOPE that they actually correct all the bugs, bring in some actual content, and make some official missions. Even some of the WELL KNOWN MODDERS have declined to work on this game. Even ACE looks like they are not coming to the party.

Again, your personal opinion/feelings ( rudely expressed if I may add ).

You're the one who said FAKS weren't optional... no big deal. Idk your capabilities & I'm sure you're some sort of coding guru. I wasn't trying to teach you anything. I was simply stating the obvious after a blatant statement by you, that claimed faks aren't optional. But then again, are you playing the official showcases or what? Most user missions don't even have faks. Well, not the ones I make and/or play. Most persons who would make a decent mission ( veterans of the series most times) are going to take the faks out in any case.

You don't need to download anything. You can use one of the many loop commands available to iterate through the units/players and remove the faks... entirely.

yup and removing FAKs from every unit and its uncle in a constant loop is surely a splendid solution. :rolleyes:

you don't have to be a guru to see that. and surely the fact that you "just" can remove them has no difference at all to something like insta heal being an optional module and having lots of other options besides that, right? it's surely unreasonable to ask for such an awesome system to be optional. "just make a loop dude! duh".

so yea you can remove them with a loop. so? does the fact that you can make a weapon resting script make that an optional game feature? oh yea i forgot FAKs are just BI's humble suggestion. it's not that every single server has them ("get a hack and inject a loop bro"). but who am i to want to force something better on the poor masses. all they want is FAKs and nothing but them, hence all those arguments why they are so great. because they are the best thing since sliced bread. surely the fact that some don't care should make me listen to what they have to say on the topic. no one has more valuable input than someone who doesn't give a shit about the topic...

no please. don't make an effort BI (like you tried before but failed due to time and resources). "we got loops bro!" who needs fun features :rolleyes: i hope i stated it more obvious for you now so you see where you constantly miss the point. but please go on telling everyone (not the gurus) what they already know.

I see the point of all this, I just think that it doesn't help BIS's case that gamers are for all intents and purposes the WORST customers to have bar none.

Yeah, when you screw us, we tend to BITE BACK.

yup and removing FAKs from every unit and its uncle in a constant loop is surely a splendid solution. :rolleyes:

you don't have to be a guru to see that. and surely the fact that you "just" can remove them has no difference at all to something like insta heal being an optional module and having lots of other options besides that, right? it's surely unreasonable to ask for such an awesome system to be optional. "just make a loop dude! duh".

I do get the point though.. they shouldn't be in the game in some opinions. Or there should be an option included in the difficulty parameters to turn faks off completely. They're dumbing certain elements of the game down. I get it. We can't force BIS to do anything about it though. We have what we have. The only solution regarding FAKs is to remove the FAKS from missions. Where as complaining non-stop ( I'm not pointing the finger at you so don't freak out ) on the forums about faks isn't a solution at all. Just be glad we ourselves can do something about it.. unlike 99% of other games. Even if it's by 3rd party scripting (regarding faks) & modding / scripting (regarding the medical system in general)

Regarding the constant loop, No. You would iterate through the units and remove them initially. You would rely on a respawn eventhandler after that. You would already be using the EH for utilizing custom loadouts in any case, whether there are faks or not. It's common place to utilize custom loadouts. So it's not like this is extra work for people who would normally make missions. That said, idk any compotent mission designer that doesn't utilize custom loadouts. Also, you would remove the faks from any newly spawned Ai units. No big deal imho.

And no one said that "FaKs are so great, that's all we want". Idk where that statement even came from. There's a difference in someone reinforcing a known solution(s) and someone claiming "FAKS are great, that's all i want".

Edited by Pac Man

Aargh this thread is seriously toxic. DID WE FORGET ARMA 1'S RELEASE ALREADY, GUYS?

Just saying. A1's release wasn't any better than A3's and it still ended up being a good game once given time.

What am I really trying to say? I think I've got it.... Don't make any more of these threads, just keep it in here please.

Ugh this thread is utterly toxic. DID WE FORGET ARMA 1'S RELEASE ALREADY, GUYS?

Just saying. A1's release wasn't any better than A3's and it still ended up being a good game once given time.

What am I really trying to say? I think I've got it.... Don't make any more of these threads, just keep it in here please.

It's w/e. The same nonstop complaints, repeating over & over & over again. The faks, the medical system... the missing bicycle. FFS, and when you present a very valid solution, it isn't good enough. Not to mention we're barely one patch in. Thank god for the feedback tracker, because we all know devs don't come to these massive, whining , complaining threads for feedback.

Edited by Pac Man

It's w/e. The same nonstop complaints, repeating over & over & over again. The faks, the medical system... the missing bicycle. FFS, and when you present a very valid solution, it isn't good enough.

Exactly. Just to tell them again:

FAK: We've been over this, should take you all of 30 seconds to make a looping script to rid yourself of them.

Bicycle: Honestly it was stupid and glitchy in ArmA 2, I don't miss it.

Medical system: I'm not sure of their motives. We may see it in time.

Copy paste guns: Deadlines. Also Greece f*cked with A3's development.

So basically if you want to blame someone, BLAME GREECE.

Wait, are people seriously complaining about bicycles?!? BICYCLES!!?

Lol, guess that's what happens when a military game indulges us with things like bikes, quadrunners, fish in the sea, bugs, sunstreaks, and of course, rabbits. I remember AI1 release -twas ugly. So was A2. So was ACR. So was....

[quote name=steamtex;2519668

So basically if you want to blame someone' date=' BLAME GREECE.[/quote]

Made me lol.

Wait, are people seriously complaining about bicycles?!? BICYCLES!!?

What about the tractor?! We should talk about important stuff! There has always been a tractor in all the previous games since OFP!

What has gone wrong this time? How are we supposed to play Farma in A3 without the tractor! :mad:

We should collect signatures!

Aargh this thread is seriously toxic. DID WE FORGET ARMA 1'S RELEASE ALREADY, GUYS?

I think the real problem is - THEY KEEP DOING IT! Lol, you would just think that for once they could release a complete and nearly bug free game. Just once!

---------- Post added at 06:21 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

It's w/e. The same nonstop complaints, repeating over & over & over again. The faks, the medical system... the missing bicycle. FFS, and when you present a very valid solution, it isn't good enough. Not to mention we're barely one patch in. Thank god for the feedback tracker, because we all know devs don't come to these massive, whining , complaining threads for feedback.

LOL, I doubt that the devs come anywhere NEAR these forums. They would see all their mistakes and fuck ups in clear black and white!

What about the tractor?! We should talk about important stuff! There has always been a tractor in all the previous games since OFP!

What has gone wrong this time? How are we supposed to play Farma in A3 without the tractor! :mad:

We should collect signatures!

haha. every military game needs a tractor, right? BI get your shit together. how could you?! bicycles, tractors and women dressed liked whores. these are the things that make a great game. everybody knows that. game developement 101.

I actually do miss the tractor from A2 though. When my M1A2 hit it with a nice smack, it smashed sideways and rolled very realistically. I was very impressed.

"We" are the people "you" are trying to call fans.

You(singular) still don't get it, but i won't bother anymore with the fact that you took it to yourself to write your own(singular) opinions in the name of a larger group in order to have more weight in.

Pathetic.

I never called you a fan. You are a consumer, just like a lot of others here.

Again, i will say this again: you bought the game post release date, yes? You had the option for digital distribution, as well as hard copy. It is up to you to make up your mind and be informed about what is the state of a product before you buy it.

You choose to accept the fact that steam doesn't really have a return policy and go ahead and make the purchase.

mature indeed. Another plural from your part. It's getting funny indeed.

It is you handful of FANBOYS that keep trying to say that EVERYONE just loves this game.

No one said that. None of the people who replied directly to the garbage you are writing here did. You fail to see the difference between someone who points out the flaws of your arguments (and calling the post you made arguments is such an over exaggeration in itself) and someone who is saying your are wrong about the fact that BI made a cockup out of this release (which is something i agree with)

I don't understand why i bother with your sort anymore, you're definitely a waste of time.

NO. We don't! We are angry! Any idiot can see that this game is TOTALLY HALF BAKED! Like I'm going to wait YEARS and HOPE that they actually correct all the bugs, bring in some actual content, and make some official missions.

Another two plurals.

It is still just a video game, and you are talking things way too personal (at least from where i am standing).

Even some of the WELL KNOWN MODDERS have declined to work on this game. Even ACE looks like they are not coming to the party.

LOL what? Another set of false presumptions, based on the simple fact you know little how things work around here. Most modders i know are actively working on bringing their A2 addons in A3, or working on new content for A3...ACE lads included.

Yeah, when you screw us, we tend to BITE BACK.

two more pronoun plurals.

What do you bite back? I am definitely curious...

Just got to understand, there are some, that have dug themselves in so far on planet BIS, they just ‘ain’t ever’ coming back to reality..:rolleyes:

I started thinking about how incomplete and unrealized A3 is in its current form. What I came up with was my list of what I feel is missing and then I added my scores for where I feel the game is as it relates to those items.

I've intentionally left game play dynamics and physics to those who better understand them as they relate to A3 combat.

1. Stable / Optimized core game engine (current score **6**)

2. High performance multiplayer / server setup (current score **5**)

3. Playable sized maps with corresponding missions for single player, coop and multiplayer (current score **5**)

4. Professionally written single player canpaign (my current score **0**)

5. Professionally coded multiplayer gametypes (4-6 different types created and coded by BI) (current score **3**)

6. Gameplay training tutorials (boot camp) (current score **5**)

7. Complete and functional 2D and 3D mission editors (current score **3**)

8. Comprehensive server and admin tools (current score **2**)

9. Mission and scripting development documentation / tutorials (current score **3**)

10. Well written documentation and support for all of the above (current score **3**)

While my scoring may look harsh its important to note that some of the low scores are due to unreleased content. Third party mission design and scripting is also another uncontrollable element of A3 multiplayer. Some items on this list have been left to the A3 community to develop on their own (sometimes better than BI can...sometimes not.)

If BI every intends for A3 (or A4) to compete with the other great FPS games of our age then I hope they are making a serious commitment to providing professional content, high performance gameplay and rock solid stability while maintaining the openness of the product. Its easy to see how lofty that goal would be. Its also easy to see that with the current state of the game A3 is a long ways off in many respects.

So, I'm curious...whats would your list be of whats missing and how would you rate the current state of the game? (Too bad we can't do polls here)

Before it keeps continuing, everyone please refrain from losing yourself in personal disputes. If you disagree with someone, either present your point of view with logical and factual arguments or save yourself the energy and don't post. Thank you! :)

Not that i bought the game in the 2nd day of the alpha, but i payed for the supporter edition, just for the simple reason that i actually wanted to support BI, and not for the A3, but for previous titles i have spent a lot of time with. Besides, i hardly play arma all that much these days, i prefer to create content for it.

When you preorder a game, or you buy a game in the alpha stage, you take some chances. You do it, partly, based on presumptions, and previous experiences, yes. Still, no one forced you to do it. Dwarden for instance said the following:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?53441-Upcoming-tactical-shooter-from-Blackfoot-Studios-Ground-Branch&p=2512521&viewfull=1#post2512521

and actually, he might be right

The lad seems to have bought the game AFTER the release date (based on the price range), hence my post.

It isn't about not standing whiners in general, it isn't even about not standing you as a person (again, "us" vs "I"). Just that you have no point to make...

Oh, and i don't talk when i write, at least not to the monitor.

Take a chill pill lad. It's only a video game.

It also said in A2 that there are 102 (or so), and that was including the variants.

There is a site called http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_III where you can check guns in games and in movies in detail. Guess you missed it if the very reason you bought this game was for the wide range of weapon models available.

Another post of your which doesn't make sense. IMFDB was one of the first sites I was in. And one of the so called "weapon models" was also Shotgun and XM25, and it wasn't in the full game since it was cancelled so your argument is invalid ;)

Why should I take a chill pill, when the only argument you come with is either pointless or does not make sense.

Also confused about the "The lad seems to have bought the game AFTER the release date (based on the price range), hence my post". If you meant me then no, I bought it two days after it went alpha after a lot of research of your so called "IMFDB" and offical sites.