Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

ORLY? A2: You need medic for healing. A3: Take medkit, and you don't need medic anymore.

And, of course, too hard to make something like

, or

In Arma 2 you could patch yourself up. As nimrod123 said, it's the same system as the self treatment modules in A2. It's really no different, except now it's a slotted item. Thing is, the problem is not the existence of a FAK, as it is based off of the IFAK (improved first aid kit); the problem is in the simulation of injury. Currently, you basically have hitpoints for weapons/damage points. A shot does a certain amount of damage based on where you're hit, and a use of the FAK just restores your health. It needs to be at least like America's Army, where each part of your body is dealt a certain amount of damage. Not only that, but the FAK needs to be like a separate backpack. You need to be able to have pouches essentially. For the vest, they need to be configurable. Then, if the FAK is treated like an attachable pouch (there's another idea, vest attachments), then you can have certain items within that FAK:

Combat Application Tourniquet

Elastic Bandage Kit (or Israeli Bandage or whatever)

Adhesive Tape (i.e. for a sucking chest wound)

NPA (Nasopharyngeal Airway)

Combat Gauze Dressing

Something like the above. That way, if you have a leg wound, then, depending on the severity, you could use a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, or use the bandage with some notional sticks to construct a makeshift splint. That way, the FAK doesn't magically heal you. You use up the items in your FAK, and you use them for specific injuries.

This is like veering off topic (into suggestions), but I just wanted to show how the medic/FAK thing isn't the underlying issue. And, to be honest, it really isn't related to content at all. So yeah, off topic.

Something like the above. That way, if you have a leg wound, then, depending on the severity, you could use a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, or use the bandage with some notional sticks to construct a makeshift splint. That way, the FAK doesn't magically heal you. You use up the items in your FAK, and you use them for specific injuries.

Well IMO the FAK could just stop the bleeding and let you keep going until a medic can patch you properly and maybe an epinephrine temporal boost ( at least that's what in real life I used to carry ). Unless it's a serious injury, then your mates should drag you to a medic ( or maybe create a new unit the surgeon or ambulance APC/medevac, that would be the only one that can heal you completely ).

Well IMO the FAK could just stop the bleeding and let you keep going until a medic can patch you properly and maybe an epinephrine temporal boost ( at least that's what in real life I used to carry ). Unless it's a serious injury, then your mates should drag you to a medic ( or maybe create a new unit the surgeon or ambulance APC/medevac, that would be the only one that can heal you completely ).

You mean like this? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14351 we're you open up the fak and pull out some bandaids or something?

you not fully healed unless a medic does it in this game. FAQ are similar to self treatment modules from A2 where you could only get back to 75%

the difference is that FAKs are not optional.

^this would be ideal imo

The only AI asset DR had that I'd like is their ability to use moving and stationary vehicles for cover as well as their ability to somewhat use windows.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Comparing the development of Overgrowth to ArmA is like comparing the development of ArmA to GTA V.

Only thing, I guess the devs of Overgrowth are more capable.

Was comparing the attitude, patience and maturity of the fanbase -not the development process itself. I don't know how you surmise that David is more capable than the BI crew as he does awesome things but so do they :cool:

Fans there don't cry every day and threaten litigation so I guess they're more capable -of being mature

The only AI asset DR had that I'd like is their ability to use moving and stationary vehicles for cover as well as their ability to somewhat use windows.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Was comparing the attitude, patience and maturity of the fanbase -not the development process itself. I don't know how you surmise that David is more capable than the BI crew as he does awesome things but so do they :cool:

Fans there don't cry every day and threaten litigation so I guess they're more capable -of being mature

Even though GTA and Arma are completely different games, you can look how various things are done like damage and learn from other games to better Arma 3.

Even though GTA and Arma are completely different games, you can look how various things are done like damage and learn from other games to better Arma 3.

i don't even know where to begin here....

i don't even know where to begin here....

Accidentally quote the wrong post but what I ment was saying that a game like GTA may have better way of doing things like with the damage it has for vehicles. But that philosophy can go with any game that the developers found a better way to solve problems with the development of the game.

Edited by ProGamer

And there is your mistake. We're not "fans". More like angry customers.

the difference is that FAKs are not optional.

It takes nothing more than a simple loop to remove all FAKS from a mission. Entirely... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pac Man

This is getting confusing..

Where i come from "consumer wants-developer does it" (it has logical flow)

Now if we just mirror it "Developer wants -consumer does it.." (not very logical..but i saw it happening before here) :D

You're not buying a tailored suit, you can want anything in the world, the developer has no obligation to do it.

Accidentally quote the wrong post but what I ment was saying that a game like GTA may have better way of doing things like with the damage it has for vehicles. But that philosophy can go with any game that the developers found a better way to solve problems with the development of the game.
And there is your mistake. We're not "fans". More like angry customers.

Who is "we" in your sentence? (my personal "love" for people talking with plural self)

Secondly, an angry or unsatisfied customer can always take the product back. You as a customer can choose where you buy the said product. If you have the steam version, good luck getting your money back. Is hardly BI problem that you didn't do your homework BEFORE you made the purchase

Who is "we" in your sentence? (my personal "love" for people talking with plural self)

Secondly, an angry or unsatisfied customer can always take the product back. You as a customer can choose where you buy the said product. If you have the steam version, good luck getting your money back. Is hardly BI problem that you didn't do your homework BEFORE you made the purchase

Are you serioustly blind...? "We're not "fans". More like ANGRY CUSTOMERS" No offence, but even I noticed that at once. And people can be disappointed, just because YOU liked it, does not mean that EVERYBODY will like it. People have opinions, and the OP said HIS opinions to us. Stop being aggressive at people who just want to take out their opinions. I am disappointed because X reason, I just think there is lack of content since this game really costs 44.99£. I find Arma 2 more fun as it has more content. Last thing I can hope is standalone expansions like OA which made me scream of happiness. There is my opinion.

Are you serioustly blind...? "We're not "fans". More like ANGRY CUSTOMERS". No offence, but even I noticed that at once.

In my opinion some people in this forums abuse of the Majestic Plural, trying to gain more power for their arguments blaming that they represent an undetermined collective.

I think it would be better if we all stick to our own personal opinions unless we have specific data ( for example as a result of a poll or signatures in an open letter ).

Are you serioustly blind...? "We're not "fans". More like ANGRY CUSTOMERS" No offence, but even I noticed that at once.

I guess you are just a bit slow. I'll rephrase it is so that even you get it: why do you feel the need to speak for more people than your own self? Who is the collective group that you represent?

And people can be disappointed, just because YOU liked it, does not mean that EVERYBODY will like it.

Where do you see me saying that "i liked it"? Or the other way around for that matter...I don't recall expressing my opinions either way.

People have opinions, and the OP said HIS opinions to us.

you mean "wrote". On the other hand, you are well within your rights to express your disappointment. That said, most of the consumers around here prefer to write forum posts one after another with little to no end result rather than return the product, which is precisely what you would do if this was a printer for instance.

Why is that i wonder?

Stop being aggressive at people who just want to take out their opinions.

Another sensitive creature, aren't you? I was being sarcastic, ironic, but surely not aggressive

I am disappointed because X reason, I just think there is lack of content since this game really costs 44.99£.

When you bought the game, have you research the official website, as well as the available wiki before you bought it? Especially when the information is available for public, you have no one but yourself to blame. Did anyone forced this game down your throat?

It is like buying a laptop then bitch about the fact that it doesn't have better hardware that the one specified on the box.

I find Arma 2 more fun as it has more content.

Great, then stay with arma 2.

Last thing I can hope is standalone expansions like OA which made me scream of happiness. There is my OUR opinion.

I corrected your phrase so that you are in line with your formal posts.

not that i care, but maybe some other do.

When you bought the game, have you research the official website, as well as the available wiki before you bought it? Especially when the information is available for public, you have no one but yourself to blame. Did anyone forced this game down your throat?

It is like buying a laptop then bitch about the fact that it doesn't have better hardware that the one specified on the box.

Well Pufu, you have to admit that People expected Arma 3 to be a little bit different than it is now. I bought the Alpha the day it came out but I really couldn´t have known at that point that this game will release with only one jet (more was shown in screenshots by BIS), that it will have so few vehicels with shared assets on top (turrets), and no campaign. At no point did BIS say that they binned most of pre 2013 work before they rolled out the alpha.

Well Pufu, you have to admit that People expected Arma 3 to be a little bit different than it is now. I bought the Alpha the day it came out but I really couldn´t have known at that point that this game will release with only one jet (more was shown in screenshots by BIS), that it will have so few vehicels with shared assets on top (turrets), and no campaign. At no point did BIS say that they binned most of pre 2013 work before they rolled out the alpha.

I'm not Pufu, but as a PC gamer who has bought different games in Alpha and Beta versions, I think that most people who bought the game in that phases didn't know/understand what they were buying ( mainly because people didn't inform themselves properly ). And they had some expectations that were not fulfilled.

To buy a game in alpha/beta state is like invest in shares market, you must assume risks. It means that you aknowledge that you can't predict how it is gonna be when released. If you don't want to risk, just don't buy products until they are finished.

To buy a game in alpha/beta state is like invest in shares market, you must assume risks. It means that you aknowledge that you can't predict how it is gonna be when released. If you don't want to risk, just don't buy products until they are finished.

Exactly what I was going to say. By buying the alpha you are pretty much making an investment. They may make a great game or they might make a horrible game. But either way you are the one that are making the decision to take that risk.

I personally am very happy I bougght the alpha because even though arma 3 currently isn't even near what I had hoped it would be, in terms of content or features, I still would have bought it anyhow and by doing it in alpha I have saved a good chunk of money and been able to follow development closely.

If people are "not fans but customers" as they claim to be they should realize that the best way to get a company to change their ways is simply not to support them. If arma 3 doesn't give you enough than don't buy it. If enough do it maybe BIS will take the hint and try to change it to get your money. But don't gobble it up and then complain that what you got wasn't enough. I wish more people were picky like this - only buying things that are actually worth buying - might force more companies to actually make good unique games rather than reselling the same shite all the time.

It takes nothing more than a simple loop to remove all FAKS from a mission. Entirely... :rolleyes:

oh really? wow. you're such a pro. problem solved i guess...

Edited by Bad Benson

It takes nothing more than a simple loop to remove all FAKS from a mission. Entirely...

It also only takes a minute to download a bipod and weapon resting mod - does that mean I shouldn't be pushing for functional bipods being implemented into the vanilla game?

You are missing the point. Entirely...

i didn't wanna say more because some people's input is highly uninspiring/uninspired. but yea of course the solution to a half assed health system is dumbing it down even more. what you end up is just a medic with a heal action. fantastic! pac man you saved the day! now tell me how i can remove the bleeding system to "improve" the health system even more. teach me all the things sir! oh please!

It also only takes a minute to download a bipod and weapon resting mod - does that mean I shouldn't be pushing for functional bipods being implemented into the vanilla game?

You are missing the point. Entirely...

I don't think he missed the point there. You do not need to dl anything to remove the faks (no mods) The ability to remove them is built into the game.

I guess you are just a bit slow. I'll rephrase it is so that even you get it: why do you feel the need to speak for more people than your own self? Who is the collective group that you represent?

Where do you see me saying that "i liked it"? Or the other way around for that matter...I don't recall expressing my opinions either way.

you mean "wrote". On the other hand, you are well within your rights to express your disappointment. That said, most of the consumers around here prefer to write forum posts one after another with little to no end result rather than return the product, which is precisely what you would do if this was a printer for instance.

Why is that i wonder?

Another sensitive creature, aren't you? I was being sarcastic, ironic, but surely not aggressive

Great, then stay with arma 2.

I corrected your phrase so that you are in line with your formal posts.

not that i care, but maybe some other do.

Wow mature.

If you can't stand us "whiners" then why do you even talk about it? I find your post uninteresting as you trash me in EVERY part. I have to say it, are you stupid? Everything I said was MY opinion and the first thing you did was saying "EH GO BACK TO ARMA 2 THEN, NO ONE FORCED YOU TO BUY IT" <-- DID I SAY SO? NO! About the aggressive part, I was talking to everybody, not you. Oh one last thing, I was NOT talking about you after I said: "Are you serioustly blind...? "We're not "fans". More like ANGRY CUSTOMERS" No offence, but even I noticed that at once."

Also about "bought the game part that I did not research the offical website", I did. There was said there would be 40 weapons (not talking about variants here) etc.

Snip..Is hardly BI problem that you didn't do your homework BEFORE you made the purchase

What would that 'homework' have been, that some of these unhappy customers should have done ?

To check the game is always sold without a campaign ?

Perhaps to ignore the advertising of a campaign and details of storyline, that would be in the game at release ?

Or on the other hand to forget the content that was said to have been planned for inclusion in A3 at release ?

To get the correct idea of what they were buying, as you see it, a link to the site saying how it would be released, would be handy, if you can supply it, just to check they're not making it all up.

You know, the site/place it said that the game your buying would not have a campaign or much content, be as buggy as all the other titles etc. ?

Alpha or Beta doesn’t have to have anything much, its all a build up to the game release ‘proper’. But, selling the game early via the alpha and beta, in an enticing way, 'get in and get it, at a lower price', is fine, provided you don't say anything about what maybe included on release. But to my knowledge, although your going to provide the ‘link’ to other stated information to the contrary, but to my knowledge, the selling was based on what the game would be at release, that was the enticement to buy. The information I saw leading upto A3, which lets be honest was a long process, always gushed about what would be in there on release.

I may have missed something, but that's mainly, no, that's all, I ever read regards A3 info from BIS.

Some on here need to get out of this BIS bubble they live in. BIS have upset and let down some/many customers, period. Doesn't matter how much you love BI for their games, defend them for 'whatever', there comes a time when you simply have to put your hands up and say, look, its a mess..

I don't care regards A3 and its release, provided it had the Editor, that's all I was interested in. But you have to see they're point, or you truly are living on another planet..:rolleyes: