Sign in to follow this  
FCOPZ-illuminator

Respawn in vehicle using respawn module

Hi guys,

today i played around a bit, using the general respawn module in multiplayer. It works great to define different respawn points.

So, my last issue is, that i'd like to offer in this spawn menu a respawn in a vehicle. Any chance to manage this somehow, using the general spawn module?

THX in advance

illu

Look at BTC revive. it gives that and much much more.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Simply synchronize the respawn position module to the vehicle.

The info was missing in in-game sync diagram, I fixed it.

Simply synchronize the respawn position module to the vehicle.

The info was missing in in-game sync diagram, I fixed it.

Yeah Moricky, this is working, really! You made my day. ;)

Still found a small bug/Problem (?) using the mobile respawn, in the spawn menu. I gave the spawn maker in Name (in this case "Hunter"), that user is aware of it, where to respawn. But in the spawn menu only the name of my unit is displayed ("Rifleman" instead of "Hunter").

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6631/nqfg.jpg (259 kB)

Also possible to fix it? ;)

Thanks in advance.

illu

You've synchronized it with a manned vehicle, not an empty one. So it's reporting the name of the driver of the vehicle.

You've synchronized it with a manned vehicle, not an empty one. So it's reporting the name of the driver of the vehicle.

Works great! Issue solved.

Thanks guys. :)

Empty vehicles show in respawn menu as error AI bla bla unit bla bla

Rather than the modules name for the respawn.

Also its buggy when the player gets placed in the passenger or driver seat.

Would be better to place outside vehicle.

Edited by BL1P

Hi guys,

until the final release of the game everything was working fine. Mobile Respawn was working including the right description in the spawn menu. Now i get a confusing Discription within the respawn menu: AI: Error: No Unit

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6356/2uaf.jpg (282 kB)

But the respawn it self is working. Name of mobile respawn car in Editor is: Ifrit

Anyone an idea whats going on here?

THX

illu

Yes they rewrote the respawn module code. Fixed the markers not appearing in the list but broke/changed the way vehicle names in the menu work. It now says as you have discovered AI: ERROR: No Unit , if it is an empty vehicle else it displays the name of the driver/effective commander.

With the latest patch, the mentioned error no longer exist. N1 BI.

Now i have the vehicle Name in the respawn menu back again, instead of having this funny error - AI: Error: No Unit

wa9o.jpg

Topic closed, from my Point of view. :)

Just wish they would add a way of naming objects, say MHQ or Respawn Truck, rather than being stuck with numerous Ifrit/Hunters or bloody flagpoles on our sectors.

I know we can name them via a marker but why use a marker when i already have an object that i can link into the respawn positions.

For me, it shows N/S/E/W/NE... of "EnterTownNameHere" instead of name that I entered in "name" field. It does show the name of the vehicle I synced to another RP though. Also how do you get that flag icon displayed. I only have circle with x on map and respawn screen.

Game version: 1.24

hi,

For me, it shows N/S/E/W/NE... of "EnterTownNameHere" instead of name that I entered in "name" field. It does show the name of the vehicle I synced to another RP though. Also how do you get that flag icon displayed. I only have circle with x on map and respawn screen.

Game version: 1.24

Same here with 1.26.126789. But for me it doesn't show up the vehicle name I entered, it just shows the vehicle type (i.e hunter). Can somebody could confirm that it is broken please?

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

I just want to report that sync between vehicle and the respawn module does not work anymore without "select respawn position" screen. The player simply respawns on the place of death instead of the respawn vehicle.