Sign in to follow this  

Oxygen release imminent (?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be quiet when you don't know what you are talking about.

We where luckier/more talented/generally better than those who didn't get accepted, and we are still in the Breathe program. The Breathe program brings certain extra perks and benefits, which the people not in Breathe should get nothing of. Since they were not accepted. I don't care if JimBob who is an extremely talented modelmaker didn't get accepted and I did, because the facts remain: I was accepted, and he wasn't.

And I didn't get it "many months in advance".<span id='postcolor'>

who are you to say that , did you released any addon since you are in this communauty ? how can you say that you are "generally better" than the others ?

No, I have not released any of my addons, for many reasons.

1. As I said, I haven't had it for "many months in advance".

2. I'm working pretty much full time for the OWN mod, and the project leader has decided that nothing will be released prior to the entire MOD. Thus I have not released any of those things.

3. I'm still working to perfect my addons. I don't want to release crap addons, and I don't like releasing version 1.0, only to have to update it to 1.2 or something because there was errors with the addon. Rather I wait, and don't say anything about my addons until they are finished (really finished, not just betas) and then release them.

4. I am generally much better than you are ;-)

BTW, that last remark was a joke. I feel that I have to clarify this since the majority of posters in this thread takes everything very literally.

the point is not to make the entire breathe forum open to public at once , just the oxygen section , so it will follow the release of the tools , i think it's a good idea to open these different forum sections after the release of the tool they are about

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

In fact the only one who should be able to feel like the king of modelling is VERY down to earth, learn from him.

<span id='postcolor'>

Please explain what you mean.<span id='postcolor'>

That it can very well be you model much better then most folks ( although i still haven t seen any proof for that ) but that it would be very "sophisticated" of you to know you are good but still stay humble about it. Like the person does i m talking about ( i m not gonna make a drawing of it, i m sure 75% of the community know who i m talking about and i m not that much for sucking up ) smile.gif

I have nothing against other people, I do believe that there are much better modellers than me and they deserve Oxygen probably more than I do, and I acccept that, what I don't want to see is bunch of useless n00bs asking stupid question like "How do I start the program?" or "What is buldozer?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 21 2002,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the point is not to make the entire breathe forum open to public at once , just the oxygen section , so it will follow the release of the tools , i think it's a good idea to open these different forum sections after the release of the tool they are about<span id='postcolor'>

I've already told you that my first post was concerning a possible release of the entire breathe section of the forum.

A lot of people demanded/wanted this. So I said politely that I didn't like that, and I felt that it sort of made the whole point of a Breathe-team useless.

I've also said that I'm all for a public O2 board.

And to answer all your (in my opinion stupid) posts about me thinking I'm a better modeller than the rest:

I never said that I was better than JimBob, what I said was that he didn't get accepted, but I did. Sucks to be him.

I don't control who BIS accepts, and I don't know on what grounds I got accepted. Maybe I sent an e-mail with a pretty font?

What do I know?

Point is: I'm in and JimBob is out.

Now, to explain what I meant with stupid posts:

They were stupid due to the fact that you didn't read my posts carefully, and you thought I was saying that I was better than JimBob, when in fact (if you read it through) I was saying that JimBob was an extremely talented modeller.

Please read through my posts, and post back with a quote of the place where I evidently said I was a better modeller than anyone else. I sure as hell can't find that place.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 21 2002,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the point is not to make the entire breathe forum open to public at once , just the oxygen section , so it will follow the release of the tools , i think it's a good idea to open these different forum sections after the release of the tool they are about<span id='postcolor'>

I've already told you that my first post was concerning a possible release of the entire breathe section of the forum.

A lot of people demanded/wanted this. So I said politely that I didn't like that, and I felt that it sort of made the whole point of a Breathe-team useless.

I've also said that I'm all for a public O2 board.

And to answer all your (in my opinion stupid) posts about me thinking I'm a better modeller than the rest:

I never said that I was better than JimBob, what I said was that he didn't get accepted, but I did. Sucks to be him.

I don't control who BIS accepts, and I don't know on what grounds I got accepted. Maybe I sent an e-mail with a pretty font?

What do I know?

Point is: I'm in and JimBob is out.

Now, to explain what I meant with stupid posts:

They were stupid due to the fact that you didn't read my posts carefully, and you thought I was saying that I was better than JimBob, when in fact (if you read it through) I was saying that JimBob was an extremely talented modeller.

Please read through my posts, and post back with a quote of the place where I evidently said I was a better modeller than anyone else. I sure as hell can't find that place.<span id='postcolor'>

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

damn

i know the jimbob is more talented than you , i don't think it's really hard ... but the point is that because you got accepted , you seem to think that you are superior , better or i don't know what else ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I a better modeller than anyone else<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

I can't believe the selfish attitude of some people...for those lucky enough to have been given Oxygen months ago while everyone else had to wait, please don't begrudge others the same benefit! You've had for months what the rest of us could only dream of.

It's like winning the lottery, then complaining when other people win it too because you wanted to be the only rich one.

And I repeat...MANY people who were given Oxygen did very little or even nothing with it...I greatly look forward to increased numbers of addons (both junk and gems) that will surely come with a public release of Oxygen.

Now, for the other 2 points:

1.) You've had the Breathe forums to yourselves all this time, why not let the rest of us contribute and ask questions when O2 goes public? I've yet to read one reasonable argument for this...

2.) For those worried about poor quality addons that will come with public O2 release...please, not everything that has come out from "authorised" O2 teams has been that great (I won't name names, that would be very rude). The community can tell good addons from bad...let us make up our own minds. The crap addons will fade into obscurity soon enough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've already told you that my first post was concerning a possible release of the entire breathe section of the forum.

I've also said that I'm all for a public O2 board.<span id='postcolor'>

read through my post , it is also concerning a possible release of the entire breath forum , i'm against this idea too , i'm for a progressive opening to the public of the old breath forum , wich won't be of any use for some kind of "private communauty" since once the tools will be released there won't be any need for some kind of private/secret/whatever forums

and there's no need to create a new oxygen section

my point is : oxygen is released , open breathe oxygen forum section to public

filebank is released , open filebank section to public

etc ...........

you understand my point ?

The attitude of some people is unwarrented. If it reaches a level where it is problematic for other members I can assure you that it will result in loss of their modmaker status at best and a ban from the forums at worst.

KTottE: Lägg ner. Din arrogans börjar bli smĺtt pĺfrestande.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 21 2002,14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't believe the selfish attitude of some people...for those lucky enough to have been given Oxygen months ago while everyone else had to wait, please don't begrudge others the same benefit! You've had for months what the rest of us could only dream of.

It's like winning the lottery, then complaining when other people win it too because you wanted to be the only rich one.

And I repeat...MANY people who were given Oxygen did very little or even nothing with it...I greatly look forward to increased numbers of addons (both junk and gems) that will surely come with a public release of Oxygen.

Now, for the other 2 points:

1.) You've had the Breathe forums to yourselves all this time, why not let the rest of us contribute and ask questions when O2 goes public? I've yet to read one reasonable argument for this...

2.) For those worried about poor quality addons that will come with public O2 release...please, not everything that has come out from "authorised" O2 teams has been that great (I won't name names, that would be very rude). The community can tell good addons from bad...let us make up our own minds. The crap addons will fade into obscurity soon enough.<span id='postcolor'>

totally agreed

Edit

After having been told off in two different languages I will stop posting here.

I just want to point out that I have simply been defending/explaining my opinion.

In short:

O2 board for all when O2 goes public.

Then the same for each tool when that tool goes public as well.

And now, I will stop.

Then let the community decide what s crap and what s not !

Not every addon will be a Mercedez. There are alot of crappy cars out there ( wow that s deep smile.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 21 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">KTottE: Lägg ner. Din arrogans börjar bli smĺtt pĺfrestande.<span id='postcolor'>

This is an english forum. Use private messages. Please remove posting rights from yourself if you will do this again tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit

After having been told off in two different languages I will stop posting here.

I just want to point out that I have simply been defending/explaining my opinion.

In short:

O2 board for all when O2 goes public.

Then the same for each tool when that tool goes public as well.

And now, I will stop.<span id='postcolor'>

he asks me to read his posts carefully when he don't even bother about reading mine ..............

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 21 2002,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 21 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">KTottE: Lägg ner. Din arrogans börjar bli smĺtt pĺfrestande.<span id='postcolor'>

This is an english forum. Use private messages. Please remove posting rights from yourself if you will do this again tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I guess that means you need to get rid of the latin phrase on the bottom of your sig! tounge.gif

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 21 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Starting to feel like i m in a muppet show  smile.gif

http://www.muppetworld.com/cooking/index.html  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hahah

Can you please explain the issue to me! sad.gif

Oxygen is a modeling tool right? And is it easy to get or is it only accessible by some modeling-freaks? And what about this forum you are talking about. I wanna know!

Oxygen is a tool to import models into OFP (so from .3ds or so to .p3d)

BREATHE forums are forums which you can only acces if you are an modmaker and this forum was used to guide the O2 users...

im with ktotte and ran on this issue, i think the O2 forum should be made public once O2 is released and the other forums released as the tools are released to the public, and keep the general there for any chat the people in the breathe program need to do...