ambientcombat script doesnt work for me. Nothing spawns, even on sample mission.

On tanoa, just 2 crashing UAVs spawned, nothing more

Are you getting any errors? I assume you are using latest 1.0 version as well, right?

16 hours ago, HazJ said:

Are you getting any errors? I assume you are using latest 1.0 version as well, right?

No i wasnt getting any error and yes i use 1.0. But now it works because im using trigger. When i used gamelogic, nothing happens.

Samplemission on stratis works too, it was my mistake because i played for only about 10 seconds. But strange is that it does not work for me with gamelogic, because in the description it says we can use it with gamelogic...

but im happy with trigger too, its basically the same effect: everywhere where i go, it spawns units, which i wanted to have

Ah, will try it again, used it some time ago, it was great, love this script. 

On 24.7.2017 at 2:34 PM, Lloyd Dawkins said:

@spunfin

I have been using this pack religiously to make dynamic ai in missions and its great.

I have made an Admin GUI which on a button click

Can you share it? 

Hi spunfin,

I cannot get ambientCombat to work.

nul = [450,900,30,300,6,[1,1,1],player,40,20,false,"default",false,2500,nil,["CARELESS","MOVE"],false,true,["ALL"]] execVM "\scripts\3rdparty\aissp1\LV\ambientCombat.sqf";

This is the default (except the path). Testing on Altis. Nothing happens, but in the bottom left corner of the maps, there seem to be spawns. But when I teleport there (and swim), I find no units.

MY BAD. I overlooked the spawn delay argument (here 30/300). Don't know where those ghost units are from. But most importantly, your scripts work :-)

6E80620B7009723C325C2D60356E5D79018AE13F

Is fillhouse broken?

When I want to spawn in % of buildings, it spawns units in any building in range.

nul = [target, side, patrol, patrol type, spawn rate, radius, skills, group, custom init, ID, classes] execVM "LV\fillHouse.sqf";

"spawn rate": Array [a,b] works, it spawns the appropriate number of units.

But numeric does not work here. If it always spawns units in any building in the radius.

Example: 0 = [player,1,true,2,10,200] execVM "\scripts\3rdParty\AISSP1\LV\fillhouse.sqf";

Result:

2EEE7CC6C3F27481A2624DFEC78B995F549E28FF

It is because it 's a Flash app. Google Chrome (must use another that has support) dropped support for Flash and other browsers will request access for it run (allow). It is working here.

8e04e520-e612-4563-8b05-e3f523cdd3c3.png

On 9/3/2018 at 9:57 AM, tortuosit said:

Is fillhouse broken?

When I want to spawn in % of buildings, it spawns units in any building in range.

nul = [target, side, patrol, patrol type, spawn rate, radius, skills, group, custom init, ID, classes] execVM "LV\fillHouse.sqf";

"spawn rate": Array [a,b] works, it spawns the appropriate number of units.

But numeric does not work here. If it always spawns units in any building in the radius.

Example: 0 = [player,1,true,2,10,200] execVM "\scripts\3rdParty\AISSP1\LV\fillhouse.sqf";

Result:

2EEE7CC6C3F27481A2624DFEC78B995F549E28FF

If you dont mind separate scripts try this.  It is the best one i have found.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, HazJ said:

It is because it 's a Flash app. Google Chrome (must use another that has support) dropped support for Flash and other browsers will request access for it run (allow). It is working here.

8e04e520-e612-4563-8b05-e3f523cdd3c3.png

Thanks for that. dumb mozilla.

All browsers have it. It is a safety type thing. You can set it fo Always remember though. Except Chrome as it ditched Flash Player. Dumb Chrome :icon_biggrin:

Hello everybody, sorry for the necro but I recently started creating missions and stumbled upon this pack and really love it this far. But i've got one issue that drives me crazy.

So i'm using the randomsector script and put gamelogics all around Malden. Everything works fine excepted that every time I get a task that's more than 2km away I got an anoying hint on the top right of the screen which says "Target too far, AI idling" with a little hint sound.

At first I thought that was ok, but infact once it starts showing up it nevers quit on showing up every few seconds until mission ends, even if I get to the task location.

I spend a few hours in the differents scripts and reading the pages of this thread but didn't found anything about that.

I also tried to switch AI patrol type from hunting player to guard zone thinking it was the cause, but no differences. I've also used zeus to check if the ai is indeed idling and they seem to do their patrols.

If anybody knows how to hide this hint, last precision I execute the defaut code in player's init

nul = [100, [gameLogic01,gameLogic02,gameLogic03]] execVM "randomSectors1.sqf"; #with obviously more gamelogics but this code

Here's a screenshot on steam

the hint resides in the file "LV_fnc_follow.sqf, line 103. You could remove the text between the quotes.

or 

REM out the line with //

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart_Six said:

the hint resides in the file "LV_fnc_follow.sqf, line 103. You could remove the text between the quotes.

or 

REM out the line with //

Damn I definitely missed that line, thank you very much for the help !

Its possible to choose a position for the HQ unit (that spawn at 0.0.0), or disable simulation and model cause i got issue if i want to use an AI mode like LAMBS or GLX on a non Island map, if an AO is close to the botom left of the map all the AI leave the defending position and go to the bottom left of the map and breack the scenario.

I looked up a little bit in the script but didn't find anything on how are spawned the 3 HQ AI.

If I understand you correctly, you want to spawn @ 0,0,0 position on the map? Just put an empty marker there, and spawn your hq unit. 

no i dont want to spawn them  here, but i find an other way to deal with it

Hello spunfin

It is possible to edit the loadout, uniform, vest, weapon, items and others
I have no idea where and how to do this, can you help me?

PS: Sorry for my english on google 😞

Thanks

Long time no see!

v1.1 Update

Download: https://kaartomedia.com/AISSP/files/AISSP_1.1.zip

I finally had some time, so I made a simple web app to setup all the scripts easily. It's integrated to new documentation here: https://kaartomedia.com/AISSP/

While testing everything, I fixed all the bugs I found and made some basic optimizations... eh, 7 years after Na_palm suggested me to do it. I also included his awesome SimpleCacheV2 script with minor tweaks (documentation has also a simple setup tool for it). 

Let me know if you face any errors or find bugs!

Changelog

Added

• Added SimpleCacheV2 (by Na_Palm) which wont require you to initialize FillHouse & Militarize instances separately.
  • Added a few fairly simple extra scripts and possibility to set them to Custom init parameter via the setup tools in this documentation.

Fixed

• Fixed a bug where HeliParadrop was spawning only parachutes (reason was parachute config entries in classname arrays where the script selected a chopper).
  • Fixed multiple bugs in RandomSectors mission template script (custom init handling was causing few of them).
  • Fixed a typo in Militarize (might have caused issues when combining SimpleCache scripts to Custom init).

Changed

• Added global center variables so that all the scripts aren't adding new center's all the time.
  • Added minimal sleeps to all loops. This will slow things down barely marginally, yet it improves performance.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, spunfin said:

Long time no see!

v1.1 Update

Download: https://kaartomedia.com/AISSP/files/AISSP_1.1.zip

I finally had some time, so I made a simple web app to setup all the scripts easily. It's integrated to new documentation here: https://kaartomedia.com/AISSP/

While testing everything, I fixed all the bugs I found and made some basic optimizations... eh, 7 years after Na_palm suggested me to do it. I also included his awesome SimpleCacheV2 script with minor tweaks (documentation has also a simple setup tool for it). 

Let me know if you face any errors or find bugs!

Changelog

Added

• Added SimpleCacheV2 (by Na_Palm) which wont require you to initialize FillHouse & Militarize instances separately.
  • Added a few fairly simple extra scripts and possibility to set them to Custom init parameter via the setup tools in this documentation.

Fixed

• Fixed a bug where HeliParadrop was spawning only parachutes (reason was parachute config entries in classname arrays where the script selected a chopper).
  • Fixed multiple bugs in RandomSectors mission template script (custom init handling was causing few of them).
  • Fixed a typo in Militarize (might have caused issues when combining SimpleCache scripts to Custom init).

Changed

• Added global center variables so that all the scripts aren't adding new center's all the time.
  • Added minimal sleeps to all loops. This will slow things down barely marginally, yet it improves performance.

Oh my lord.Spunfin welcome back! This was the first ever script i used.I remember the helpful GUI u put together to set it up(was needed as i was new to Arma3 and had no idea how to call a script etc) Great to see this back.That GUI was lost now that Armaholic site was taken down.Anyway this takes me back thanks for updating

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

Oh my lord.Spunfin welcome back! This was the first ever script i used.I remember the helpful GUI u put together to set it up(was needed as i was new to Arma3 and had no idea how to call a script etc) Great to see this back.That GUI was lost now that Armaholic site was taken down.Anyway this takes me back thanks for updating

Haha, thanks! Good to hear! 😊
Yeah, sadly (or luckily?) Flash was banned from most browsers, so the old GUI wouldn't even work for normal users anymore. But my new documentation has kinda similar implementation, having more possibilities and functionalities.

Been wandering in Insurgency Sandstorm, Squad, Tarkov, etc, but decided finally to reinstall Arma3. SQF feels reeally annoying after doing other languages for a few years, but hopefully I get to push myself forward with it and find motivation to come up with new stuff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spunfin said:

Haha, thanks! Good to hear! 😊
Yeah, sadly (or luckily?) Flash was banned from most browsers, so the old GUI wouldn't even work for normal users anymore. But my new documentation has kinda similar implementation, having more possibilities and functionalities.

Been wandering in Insurgency Sandstorm, Squad, Tarkov, etc, but decided finally to reinstall Arma3. SQF feels reeally annoying after doing other languages for a few years, but hopefully I get to push myself forward with it and find motivation to come up with new stuff.

Had a stint with insurgency myself.Just made me miss the possibilities of what i could make in Arma. Alots changed here since even i took a break which was only for a year.Your gone alot longer i see.Alot to dig into,alot of good updates.Looking forward to trying your new script soon

• Like 1

Hey nice update, just a suggestion it can be cool if the script can grab randomly used faction classname (men[]) to fill vehicle for ambient combat cause actually the vehicle are filled with crewman for armored veh and helicrew for heli.