hey firstly, thanks for updating this GREAT package. ITS GREAT STUFF for any mission maker.

Is there a chance you have a copy of the folder that doe not require using mods? Thought Id ask.

Thanks again!

found a slight bug, where if you call heliparadrop sometimes it uses the  heli drone which just crashes or the blackfoot which looks odd. on a second note - armed choppers of that same script shoot at enemy, which may be unwanted for some. quick fix was to just delete the unwanted choppers in the config_assip.hpp file

Hi, I put this in my config_aissp.hpp:

class ISC_SAA_0
        {
            side = 2; //0 = CIV, 1 = BLU, 2 = OPF, 3 = IND
            men[] = {"isc_saa_officer_o","isc_saa_grenadier_o","isc_saa_rifleman_o","isc_saa_machinegunner_o","isc_saa_sniper_o","isc_saa_at_o","isc_saa_at_o","isc_saa_sapper_o","isc_saa_medic_o"};
            cars[] = {"isc_saa_brdm2_o","isc_saa_gaz66_o","isc_saa_ural_o"};
            tanks[] = {"isc_saa_T72ba_o","isc_saa_zsu23_o","isc_saa_BMP1_o","isc_saa_BMP2_o","isc_saa_BTR60PB_o","isc_saa_BTR80_o","isc_saa_BTR80a_o"};
        };

And this in the on activation of my trigger: nul = [Dehiba_Spawn,2,true,2,[40,50],500,[0.3,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,1,1,0.8,0.5],nil,nil,1,ISC_SAA_0] execVM "LV\fillHouse.sqf";

Now when I use ["All"] it works perfectly, if I use my added class in various formats, ISC_SAA_0, "ISC_SAA_0", ["ISC_SAA_0"], but I always get error messages and nothing spawns. Any Idea why?

• Like 1

@spunfin

I have been using this pack religiously to make dynamic ai in missions and its great.

I have made an Admin GUI which on a button click executes a spawn Ai function, unfortunately The ai won't spawn on a dedicated server, would I need to change the ExecVM to remote Exec and create a function?

On 24/07/2017 at 2:34 PM, Lloyd Dawkins said:

@spunfin

I have been using this pack religiously to make dynamic ai in missions and its great.

I have made an Admin GUI which on a button click executes a spawn Ai function, unfortunately The ai won't spawn on a dedicated server, would I need to change the ExecVM to remote Exec and create a function?

Same problem here. Work perfectly on local but on dedicated Ai spawn and drop on the left bottom of the map (heliparaDrop) in sea instead of player position. I don't understand why.

You can check with admin spectator mode once the script is activated.

@spunfin

Could you give some further guidance to adding custom(modded) classes, I have used your customeclass 1 and the functions weren't able to work. It would be really appreciated, looking to add RHS russia to this pack of scripts :)

@Fritz Le Any joy on amending this?

On 14/05/2017 at 7:02 PM, Fritz Le said:

Hi, I put this in my config_aissp.hpp:

class ISC_SAA_0
        {
            men[] = {"isc_saa_officer_o","isc_saa_grenadier_o","isc_saa_rifleman_o","isc_saa_machinegunner_o","isc_saa_sniper_o","isc_saa_at_o","isc_saa_at_o","isc_saa_sapper_o","isc_saa_medic_o"};
            cars[] = {"isc_saa_brdm2_o","isc_saa_gaz66_o","isc_saa_ural_o"};
            tanks[] = {"isc_saa_T72ba_o","isc_saa_zsu23_o","isc_saa_BMP1_o","isc_saa_BMP2_o","isc_saa_BTR60PB_o","isc_saa_BTR80_o","isc_saa_BTR80a_o"};
        };

And this in the on activation of my trigger: nul = [Dehiba_Spawn,2,true,2,[40,50],500,[0.3,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,1,1,0.8,0.5],nil,nil,1,ISC_SAA_0] execVM "LV\fillHouse.sqf";

Now when I use ["All"] it works perfectly, if I use my added class in various formats, ISC_SAA_0, "ISC_SAA_0", ["ISC_SAA_0"], but I always get error messages and nothing spawns. Any Idea why?

@Fritz Le @Lloyd Dawkins

I'm actually just playing around with RHS units, so here's a minimized example:

class customClass2
		{
			side = 3; //0 = CIV, 1 = BLU, 2 = OPF, 3 = IND
			men[] = {"rhsgref_ins_base","rhsgref_cdf_ngd_rifleman","rhsgref_cdf_ngd_rifleman_m92","rhsgref_cdf_ngd_rifleman_lite","rhsgref_cdf_ngd_grenadier"};
			men2[] = {""};
			men3[] = {""};
			menSF[] = {""};
			divers[] = {""};
			cars[] = {""};
			tanks[] = {""};
			helicopters[] = {""};
			planes[] = {""};
			ships[] = {""};
		};

And you would use ["customClass2"] as a parameter.

And simple playaround to dig up some classnames (not the best possible one I'm sure):

_all = "getText (_x >> 'author') == 'Red Hammer Studios'" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgVehicles");
_count = (count _all) - 1;
_array = [];
for "_i" from 0 to _count do{
	if(getText((_all select _i) >> 'textPlural') == 'infantry' && getNumber((_all select _i) >> 'side') == 2)then{
		_array = _array + [configName (_all select _i)];
	};
};
copyToClipboard (str _array);

Dig into config viewer and find values you can identify the modded units from, like here with Zombies and Demons:

Spoiler

_all = "getText (_x >> 'author') == 'Ryan'" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgVehicles");
_count = (count _all) - 1;
_array = [];
for "_i" from 0 to _count do{
	if(getText((_all select _i) >> '_generalMacro') == 'CAManBase' && getNumber((_all select _i) >> 'side') == 2)then{
		_array = _array + [configName (_all select _i)];
	};
};
copyToClipboard (str _array);

Experience is pretty fun once you have one enemy side filled with RHS units, one with Zombies, and random loot everywhere. :)

@spunfin

Thanks for the advice now working with other classes.

I am having this intermittent problem where I place 5/6 Spawnpoints down and place the spawn code in my init and each time they spawn in some locations and not in others, the locations are different everytime.

hi all, i love this schript;) can anyone advise what i have to enter into the init so that each unit spawns with an additional item int the Investory? i would like to add either a fix amount or a random amount between 10 and 50 of "rvg_money" to each unit. i know how to spawn it directly into a placed units init, but thos does not work here. appreciate any advice;)

hi all, i love this schript;) can anyone advise what i have to enter into the init so that each unit spawns with an additional item int the Investory? i would like to add either a fix amount or a random amount between 10 and 50 of "rvg_money" to each unit. i know how to spawn it directly into a placed units init, but thos does not work here. appreciate any advice;)

There is a parameter for a custom init that gets executed for each spawned unit.

I modified the scripts so that they get executed on a headless client if a headless client is present. If not the scripts get executed on the server.

What I did was to replace

if !(isServer) exitWith {};

with those lines:

private _hc = (count entities "HeadlessClient_F" > 0);
private _exit = true;
if ( (_hc && !(hasInterface || isServer)) || (!_hc && isServer) ) then {
	_exit = false;
};
if (_exit) exitWith {};

• Like 2

@spunfin

Great stuff!

Until the STEAMing pile of **** broke my game I was having fun designing an SP 'military career' mission for UNSUNG, slowly due to RL issues.

If I ever get the fkup sorted out I'll get back to it with the updated pack.

Many thanks for your fine work :smileee:

On 11/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, HazJ said:

@orcinus

What is broken exactly?

The Steam client. Completes an update of workshop items then re-downloads all suscribed items again as duplicate files. And again... 86GB each time. Makes a mess of the file structure as well. According to a BI dev it's been bugged for a long time. Steam's response was to blame modmakers. Bah! Humbug!

Hi,

I tried to use the Dynamic Simulation from BI but it didnt work.

I put "this enableDynamicSimulation true;" in the init field but that doesnt do anything. Any hints on that matter? I tried with and without quotation marks.

Hello i try to use your script for playing on modded map + custom faction, but i don't know how spawn modded unit with the randomSector.sqf

The class customClass1 working, i can call the ambientCombat.sqf without trouble i think i missed something in the randomSector.sqf

i think i must modifie this line

_classModuleFilters = "nil";

i try this without success

_classModuleFilters = "customClass1";

i also try with Faction class name thats not work.

I try to modifie this line with a CfgGroups config file entry but without succes

_milGroup = "nil";

i try this

_milGroup = configFile >> "cfgGroups" >> "East" >> "LOP_ISTS_OPF" >> "Infantry" >> "LOP_ISTS_OPF_Patrol_section";

Any help would be great

@damsous - Open and modify config_aissp.hpp file. Example should be in there. Also change the following to match whatever it is in the config.

// _classModuleFilters = "customClass1";

@spunfin - Maybe update the random sectors so players can easily just pass it to the function like you have done for militarize, etc...?

40 minutes ago, HazJ said:

@damsous - Open and modify config_aissp.hpp file. Example should be in there. Also change the following to match whatever it is in the config.

// _classModuleFilters = "customClass1";

@spunfin - Maybe update the random sectors so players can easily just pass it to the function like you have done for militarize, etc...?

I have already done the custom class name in hpp (customClass1)

but if i use this _classModuleFilters = "customClass1";  got a script error when mission start

i also try to replace the class OPF with modde unit nothing happen

Open and modify config_aissp.hpp file.

Yeah its already done, the custom config work with all the script (ambientcombat, fillhouse, militarized) moded unit spawn all is fine i only got an issue with the randomsector.sqf

class customClass1
        {
            men[] = {"LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_SL","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_AR","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_Corpsman","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_AT","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_Engineer","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_GL","LOP_TKA_Infantry_AA","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Infantry_Marksman"};
            men2[] = {"LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_SL","LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_AR","LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_Marksman","LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_AT","LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman","LOP_AM_OPF_Infantry_GL"};
            men3[] = {"LOP_BH_Infantry_SL","LOP_BH_Infantry_AR","LOP_BH_Infantry_Rifleman","LOP_BH_Infantry_AT","LOP_BH_Infantry_GL","LOP_BH_Infantry_TL","LOP_BH_Infantry_Corpsman"};
            menSF[] = {"O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_medic_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_M_F","O_recon_exp_F"};
            divers[] = {""};
            cars[] = {"LOP_ISTS_OPF_M1025_W_M2","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Landrover_M2","LOP_ISTS_OPF_M1025_W_Mk19","LOP_ISTS_OPF_Offroad_M2","LOP_TKA_Ural"};
            tanks[] = {"LOP_ISTS_OPF_BMP1","LOP_ISTS_OPF_BMP2","LOP_ISTS_OPF_BTR60","LOP_ISTS_OPF_M113_W","LOP_ISTS_OPF_T34","LOP_ISTS_OPF_T55","LOP_ISTS_OPF_ZSU234"};
            helicopters[] = {"LOP_TKA_Mi24V_AT","LOP_TKA_Mi24V_FAB","LOP_TKA_Mi24V_UPK23","LOP_TKA_Mi8MT_Cargo","LOP_TKA_Mi8MTV3_FAB","LOP_TKA_Mi8MTV3_UPK23"};
            planes[] = {"RHS_Su25SM_CAS_vvsc"};
            ships[] = {""};
        };

If i change _classModuleFilters = "nil";  to _classModuleFilters = "customClass1"; 

i got a script error on the init line from the randomsector.sqf

this line :

_customInit = format["nul = [this, %1, %2, %3, %4, %5, %6, %7, %8, %9, %8, %11, %12, %13, %14] execVM 'LV\militarize.sqf';",

maybe i could change this line like this :

_customInit = format["nul = [this, %1, %2, %3, %4, %5, %6, %7, %8, %9, %8, %11, %12, %13, [%14]] execVM 'LV\militarize.sqf';",

cause if i understand the script %14 is the _classModuleFilters 

Same probleme here with FillHouse... still working on it  :down::don11:

_classModuleFilters = param [10,["customClass1"]];

Same problem here.

I have used:

class customClass2
		{
			side = 3; //0 = CIV, 1 = BLU, 2 = OPF, 3 = IND
			men[] = {"I_dgrfaction19_Soldier1_01","I_dgrfaction19_Soldier1_01","I_dgrfaction19_Soldier1_01","I_dgrfaction19_Soldier1_01"};
			men2[] = {"dgr_mortar_army19","dgr_mortar_army19"};
			men3[] = {""};
			menSF[] = {"I_Idgrfaction19_Soldier5_01","I_Idgrfaction19_Soldier5_01","I_Idgrfaction19_Soldier5_01","I_Idgrfaction19_Soldier5_01"};
			divers[] = {""};
			cars[] = {"dgr_offroad_army19","dgr_truck_army19","dgr_apc_army19"};
			tanks[] = {"dgr_apc_army19"};
			helicopters[] = {"dgr_heli_army19"};
			planes[] = {"dgr_heli_army19"};
			ships[] = {"dgr_boat_army19"};
		};

And then I have used on the game logic:

nul = [this,3,true,1,100,100,"default",nil,nil,nil,["customClass2"]] execVM "LV\fillHouse.sqf";

I have also tried other options but only ["ALL"] seems to work.

Has anyone adapted the script to work with the CUP units? I think I'll find enough information in the thread to do so myself (when I get around to it), but if there's already a version of the script that would allow me to populate an area with Takistani insurgents at random, that'd be great.

Another question I had is this: in practical terms, if I just want to do something along the lines of populating an area with units of one faction, would I use the militarize script or the ambient combat one?