Ok so I have this AI in my Wasteland server and they are so much fun. What I would like to do is set them up so they can control the territories they are in. Right now in Dawg's AI War you find that the AI are mostly at territory control points. Areas you can capture for profit. The thing is right now you dont have to do anything but be in the town to capture it. Plus live long enough. That is not that hard if you dont have to kill to get what you want. What I want is have it where you have to kill off the AI like they were players to capture the point.

Answer this guys (assuming its not been done) Would this idea not add something greater to those of us with a low population server?? How do we get this done?

Cliff

Thank you for this great script pack. I love that it even exists.

I have a question, though - is there any way to choose what exact types of troops appear? Say I want an all-ground skirmish, with no helicopters. Or say I want the fight to bee NATO/CSAT-only, with no FIA. Is that possible?

Hey spunFIN ive been using your awesome script pack for a good while now and its been great, but it seems since the last BIS update my Ambient spawned units are not patrolling or receiving waypoints they just stand in formation until they are engaged or spot an enemy. I was wondering if you have encountered this problem recently? I have tried adjusting things on my end but with no luck which led me to assume maybe the last BIS update broke something. Also im not really getting any script errors on my debug console that would give me any clues as to what is happening.

Me too!

You can use this link to set up your call lines. http://lostvar.com/AISSP/AISSP.html

If you want to specify exactly the troops and vehicles for each side look in the LV Function that covers the Ambient. The Fillhouse, Paratroops, Militarize, and Renforcement chopper all have there own lines that can be edited. That tool on that link is great takes all the guess work out of it. I have several scenarios set up ready to go. I used the Markers for the Territories. May not have as much action as a server full of players....but these AI are so real.....with the right settings it beats a PVP server. You can set there skills so you can carry out real firefights where the AI actually will miss you.

Check out Dawg's AI Warzone to see what I have done with it.

hi, im spawning a group of ais by a trigger, that loads a .sqf inside the mission with this inside

unitinit.sqf

_myGroup = createGroup east;
_tempSoldier = _myGroup createUnit ["O_officer_F",getmarkerpos "m1",[],0.8,"Sergeant"];
_tempSoldier setVehicleVarName "Soldier1" ;
_tempSoldier2 = _myGroup createUnit ["O_officer_F",getmarkerpos "m1",[],0.6,"Private"];
_tempSoldier2 setVehicleVarName "Soldier2" ;
_tempSoldier3 = _myGroup createUnit ["O_officer_F",getmarkerpos "m1",[],0.6,"Private"];
_tempSoldier3 setVehicleVarName "Soldier3" ;
_tempSoldier4 = _myGroup createUnit ["O_officer_F",getmarkerpos "m1",[],0.6,"Private"];
_tempSoldier4 setVehicleVarName "Soldier4" ;

_nul = [leader _myGroup] execVM "LV\patrol-vD.sqf";

the ai is spawning, the group leader start patrol but the others take about 2 mins to start, they stay 100 meters away from the leader.

can anyone help?

thanks

Edited by brunohxcx

Added this to the mission.sqm

class Item101
	{
		side="LOGIC";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={23429,0,17806};
				azimut=225;
				id=101;
				side="LOGIC";
				vehicle="Logic";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="fil1";
				init="nul = [this,3,true,2,100,300,[0.25,0.4,0.5,0.5,0.4,1,0.1,0.35,1,1],nil,nil,101] execVM ""LV\fillHouse.sqf"";";

};
		};
	};

Have the LV directory in the mission pbo. I have no errors but the AI never show up.

This is a MP Epoch server.

Got a small problem..... i use nulEhelo = [player,false,3,2,false,true,(group PLAYER),"random",1000,true,false,8,0.11,[true,true,false,false],nil,nil,33,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf"; to call a AAF chopper to my position ( i know the type is 2 i included the hellcat in the script... but the problem is the same in original script ) , the chopper spawns and flys to the location but instead of landing the chopper gains altitude and remains there high up in the sky

(i noticed the possible fix at the first page so i applied it and nothing changed the chopper still wont land :( )

Edited by supergruntsb78

First, thx for this very nice script... well documented.

Is it possible to dynamicly generate some fillHouse calls without any game logic placed with the editor ?

I can't find any solution to generate game logics by script in order to call fillHouse...

it would be really a nice improvement if the fillhouse can have a marker as target.

I cant find where is for config the size of the patrols for ambientcombat. For example set the patrol size of 4-8 soldiers. Help me please.

I cant find where is for config the size of the patrols for ambientcombat. For example set the patrol size of 4-8 soldiers. Help me please.

You cannot change size of patrol i think,only alter the ratio of groups.Patrol sizes are fairly distributed i think anyway and its usually an 11man squad,its better for performance to say take two 8man groups and make them one 16 man group.

Is this still working with the last version of Arma 3? Because its driving me crazy, sometimes works sometimes no.

Thanks

Really nice pack :)

Is there anything similar to cursorTarget I can use for a drop spot for Paras or the Reinforce chopper?

cursorTarget works great but only allows for targeting objects like buildings. If I point my cursor at a nice open field cursorTarget doesn't kick in

First up: I really like your script, it is so usefull when creating missions.

Do you still maintain and support that script? If so, would it be possible to have one file "unitconfig.sqf" which contains all the unit arrays? At the moment there are about five location I've found so far that define units for the varuíous functions and it is very time consuming to change them if I want to use units from the RHS Escalation mod.

This way users of your script pack could even share their custom unitconfig.sqf easily...

I've noticed militarize sometimes spawns vehicles without crew, usually artillery kind of vehicles, have others seen this to or is it just how I implemented it ?  I'm calling it with:

nul = [[2970.15,6059.29,0],2,150,[true,false],[true,true,true],false,[10,0],[2,0],0.1,nil,"this addEventHandler ['killed',{_this execVM 'scripts\tug\tug_threat_dies.sqf'}];",1] execVM 'scripts\threatmanager\LV\militarize.sqf'"

Why does it work fine in editor (preview) but nothing spawns in multiplayer,  same with custom loadout, want him to spawn with just pistol, in multiplayer he has all weapons

:)

it looks likes some stuff is broken with the newer versions of A3 ??    untill spunFIN updates the script it probably wont work without trouble  

a great script, but there is a very nasty bug: can you correct the error in the ambientCombat script , due to which the all spawned technics is not removed? After the player leaves the zone, only removed infantry and crews in technics, but technics remains.

nice! works very smooth...

is it possible to militarize an area with soldiers who are always on "safe" behaviour  (until they notice an enemy)?

it looks a bit stupid when they start aiming or crouching randomly...

thanks for your help :)

nice! works very smooth...

is it possible to militarize an area with soldiers who are always on "safe" behaviour  (until they notice an enemy)?

it looks a bit stupid when they start aiming or crouching randomly...

thanks for your help :)

Could be a mod conflict in behaviour ..  i noticed the same thing before, but of late when i returned to A3 with a clean install i see them mostly patrol in "SAFE" mode (sometimes a little bit to safe as they dont even see enemy forces :P ) 

Could be a mod conflict in behaviour ..  i noticed the same thing before, but of late when i returned to A3 with a clean install i see them mostly patrol in "SAFE" mode (sometimes a little bit to safe as they dont even see enemy forces :P ) 

sounds like a nice idea... buuuut there are no mods running and they change their behaviour...

Hey anyone verified if this awesome script is still working?

From the above it sounds like some updates are needed.

Yes overall it does. There are a few updated files you need to add into the main folders and you can find all them here on this post. . The caching system even with the updates does not work in SP but does for MP. If I remember this like 8 files that need to be updated

Yes overall it does. There are a few updated files you need to add into the main folders and you can find all them here on this post. . The caching system even with the updates does not work in SP but does for MP. If I remember this like 8 files that need to be updated

Could anyone just post an updated link to the files in place of having to comb through 23 pgs of replies. Greatly appreciated!.