I posted something similar on the thread for Massi's mod for spenatz units.

Then I thought this thread is probably the best place to ask.

I'm just wondering- has anyone figured out how you can use this ai script to call modded units? I know there is a custom init and have and do use that for various things. The class name for the massi spenatz mod is: mas_rus_spet. Is there a way to create an option under selecting "east" units to include modded units (or west for that matter, nato modded units, etc) ?

Just wondering if anyone has managed to do that or similar? I personally love using this script and it would be great to utilise it and after all in the future there will probably be many more modded units.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

This is arma.Where theres a will,theres a way ;) I use spetsnaz too,infact i use sud russians and many others,with this script.

weather its using them with militarise or reinforcements.

Simple really.

Go to your AISSP folder,open LV folder,youll have sqf files there corresponding to all the features of the script pack.

Open the one you want spetsnaz in,say militarize.Scroll down till you see "redmen array" or "opf_men"

Under that,you can see all units classnames,by default,its CSAT.you want to replace those names,with the class names of spetsnaz units.

example:

_BLUmen = ["B_G_Soldier_A_F","B_G_soldier_AR_F","B_G_medic_F","B_G_engineer_F","B_G_soldier_exp_F","B_G_Soldier_GL_F","B_G_soldier_M_F","B_G_officer_F","B_G_Soldier_F","B_G_soldier_LAT_F","B_G_Soldier_lite_F","B_G_Soldier_SL_F","B_G_Soldier_TL_F","B_soldier_AAT_F"];

_BLUmen2 = ["B_G_Soldier_A_F","B_G_soldier_AR_F","B_G_medic_F","B_G_engineer_F","B_G_soldier_exp_F","B_G_Soldier_GL_F","B_G_soldier_M_F","B_G_officer_F","B_G_Soldier_F","B_G_soldier_LAT_F","B_G_Soldier_lite_F","B_G_Soldier_SL_F","B_G_Soldier_TL_F","B_soldier_AAT_F"];

_BLUmen3 = ["DRI_RiflemanB","DRI_SquadLeaderB","DRI_MachineGunnerB","DRI_AutomaticRiflemanB","DRI_GrenadierB","DRI_RPG7SoldierB"];

_BLUarrays = [_BLUmen,_BLUmen2,_BLUmen3];

_OPFmen = ["SAA_Rifleman","SAA_SquadLeader","SAA_MachineGunner","SAA_AutoRifleman","SAA_Grenadier","SAA_ATSoldier","SAA_RPG7Soldier","SAA_AASoldier","SAA_Medic","SAA_Marksman","SAA_Crewman","SAA_RPG7Grenadier","SAA_Repair","SAA_Engineer","SAA_Explosives", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_d", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_Fn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_vn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_dn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_u", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_w", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_wn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_d"];

_OPFmen2 = ["SAA_Rifleman","SAA_SquadLeader","SAA_MachineGunner","SAA_AutoRifleman","SAA_Grenadier","SAA_ATSoldier","SAA_RPG7Soldier","SAA_AASoldier","SAA_Medic","SAA_Marksman","SAA_Crewman","SAA_RPG7Grenadier","SAA_Repair","SAA_Engineer","SAA_Explosives", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_Fn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_vn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_dn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_u", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_w", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_wn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_d"];

There you can see im using spetsnaz and SAA(syrian arab army)to be called by the script.And for nato,B_G units,which is gurilla blufor i beleive.

If you wanna add spetsnaz in for ambieent combat,thats a littel different.You need to open lv functions folder-then lv function men group,and again scroll down and change the opf men classnames to massis spetsnaz classnames.

Tinker with it and let me know how you get on comrade.

Redarmy

Thanks Redarmy, I appreciate that.

I looked at that and considered doing that as well. Wasn't sure it would work though, so that's great and it will certainly do the job !

I was thinking if there was a way of using cfggroups or something (as these units are grouped (F2) within the editor). Only reason for that, is to be able to use the variety of the different units massi has created e.g. spenatz desert, woodland, urban, etc plus there are some other types of Russian units (I think). Which is why I was wondering if there was a way of calling the group class names via custom init somehow?

But hey, maybe I'm being too fussy. This will work nicely and I just have to choose the appropriate type i.e. if its a desert map, use that uniform, etc. I appreciate your suggestion.

thanks.

Thanks Redarmy, I appreciate that.

I looked at that and considered doing that as well. Wasn't sure it would work though, so that's great and it will certainly do the job !

I was thinking if there was a way of using cfggroups or something (as these units are grouped (F2) within the editor). Only reason for that, is to be able to use the variety of the different units massi has created e.g. spenatz desert, woodland, urban, etc plus there are some other types of Russian units (I think). Which is why I was wondering if there was a way of calling the group class names via custom init somehow?

But hey, maybe I'm being too fussy. This will work nicely and I just have to choose the appropriate type i.e. if its a desert map, use that uniform, etc. I appreciate your suggestion.

thanks.

Not sure i understand,but you cannot put group names into the script like that.

Put as you say,desert spetsnaz,or woodland or whatever,in the sqf files on a mission by mission basis.Or do like i did,take the times and copy lv folders and putting all different varients of spetsnaz in the sqf files and saving them for later missions which you will be quick to grab,and throw into your mission folder.

One thing about this script,im experiencing problems with the paradrop,it dosent work for me any more.do you have it working?

Also,heli reinforcement needs to be set to true when choosing landing spot for helo.

And ambient combat,again for me isnt working 100% groups will spawn,but not always follow waypoints towards the player as they are supposed to.

If any of those things are acting funny for you too,report back i would like to know its not just me with the problems via a mod conflict.

Other than that your welcome,its a great script enjoy it.

I really hope spunfin comes back with an improved version as the problems i mentioned above,im sure its not only happening to me.

I believe recent arma updates broke some things.

Not sure i understand,but you cannot put group names into the script like that.

Put as you say,desert spetsnaz,or woodland or whatever,in the sqf files on a mission by mission basis.Or do like i did,take the times and copy lv folders and putting all different varients of spetsnaz in the sqf files and saving them for later missions which you will be quick to grab,and throw into your mission folder.

One thing about this script,im experiencing problems with the paradrop,it dosent work for me any more.do you have it working?

Also,heli reinforcement needs to be set to true when choosing landing spot for helo.

And ambient combat,again for me isnt working 100% groups will spawn,but not always follow waypoints towards the player as they are supposed to.

If any of those things are acting funny for you too,report back i would like to know its not just me with the problems via a mod conflict.

Other than that your welcome,its a great script enjoy it.

I really hope spunfin comes back with an improved version as the problems i mentioned above,im sure its not only happening to me.

I believe recent arma updates broke some things.

Yeah, that will work fine. What I meant is to be able use more that one variant of massi's pack within the same mission. But I can work around that (I can use the paratroopers for a paradrop, etc).

The paradrop seems to work fine for me- in fact I just used it yesterday for my latest mission and it worked as expected on a DS. That's strange. I remember a few people at different times saying they've had some problems with this script, especially paradrop/reinforcement heli- a lot of pages to go through, but you might find something within this thread.

Thanks again- hope you get it solved.

Hey redarmy o/

Unfortunately I havent found your issue yet, but I'll take a look tomorrow when it's finally free day for me. :) And yes I'll try to keep things updated if BIS makes some script breaking changes, but let's hope they dont.

Just saw your response,must have missed it before.

Thanks spun fin.

They heli paradrop(and my ambient combat not always working) must be a mod conflict,possibly bcombat.

Am testing now will post if find someting.

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Spunfin hope you can read this when you get time.

I found what is breaking the heli paradrop reinforcement script.

It seems MCC (mod version confirmed) is causing your paradrop to not work.

Been testing regularly for over a month pulling mods out left rite and centre,finnaly found it.

Is there someway on your end to fix it?

I will post on mcc thread see if they can shed some light also.

Thanks

so to add to the reinforcementChopper script problem

I'm using the reinforcementChopper script to replace dead groups so that once group "alpha" is dead a chopper brings in a new "alpha" group,

it seems that when the leader of group "alpha" (or basically the whole group) on the ground is dead the spawned units won't get out of the chopper once it lands.

however if I create a new group (say "Bravo") it works perfectly

can anyone else replicate?

so to add to the reinforcementChopper script problem

I'm using the reinforcementChopper script to replace dead groups so that once group "alpha" is dead a chopper brings in a new "alpha" group,

it seems that when the leader of group "alpha" (or basically the whole group) on the ground is dead the spawned units won't get out of the chopper once it lands.

however if I create a new group (say "Bravo") it works perfectly

can anyone else replicate?

Are you using MCC?

Is chopper landing spot on exact landing spot?

Also,please re-itterate,

you place a group "alpha" in editor,on trigger when group is dead,reinforcement chopper should land at marker/player with fresh infantry.(how many?)

It wont work,but if you put the reinforcement chopper to land via trigger when "bravo" is dead,it works?

I will attempt to replicate now.

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

I just tried to replicate,naming group alpha,and when group is dead,reinforcement helo comes in.

It works fine for me.

The only time it dosent is when i put the chopper landing spot on false for exact landing spot.

Thats probably the issue.

Something to do with how arma tells helos to find suitableposition,been an issue for a while now.

Hey redarmy,

apologies for not being clear enough, thanks for the reply

I'm not using MCC, but I am running some mods (ASR AI for one, I can try without any mods).

the chopper lands in the exact spot where I placed a marker.

basically there's a repeating trigger that checks how many units are left in the group that is called Alpha. when countAlpha < 1 the script is called to send in a helicopter.

I don't have the exact statement in front of me right now but the new group joins group Alpha.

as soon as the helicopter lands the engine turns off and the units just sit in the heli

next I tried it with a new group (no other group named Bravo on the map as an example) and that works fine - units get out to do their thing and heli leaves.

once I get home from work I'll try to set up a demo mission with no mods, I'll let you know if it's still happening =]

another thing I forgot to mention, if I change the trigger to countAplha < 2 and the current leader of group alpha is still alive it works fine.

Hey redarmy,

apologies for not being clear enough, thanks for the reply

I'm not using MCC, but I am running some mods (ASR AI for one, I can try without any mods).

the chopper lands in the exact spot where I placed a marker.

basically there's a repeating trigger that checks how many units are left in the group that is called Alpha. when countAlpha < 1 the script is called to send in a helicopter.

I don't have the exact statement in front of me right now but the new group joins group Alpha.

as soon as the helicopter lands the engine turns off and the units just sit in the heli

next I tried it with a new group (no other group named Bravo on the map as an example) and that works fine - units get out to do their thing and heli leaves.

once I get home from work I'll try to set up a demo mission with no mods, I'll let you know if it's still happening =]

another thing I forgot to mention, if I change the trigger to countAplha < 2 and the current leader of group alpha is still alive it works fine.

It sounds quite funny to be honest.

I am currently having a great many problem with helos in my game.Plz list your mods and il compare them to mine.

I think these scripts dont play well with certain mods(possibly AI related ones).

ok so I tested it last night (with all mods active) on a completely clean map and it worked fine.

I'm not sure if the mission I was working on had too many other things going on or if the latest update changed anything.

the mods I run are the following:

ASR AI

Blastcore

Blastcore Tracers

CBA

JSRS2

Speed Of Sound V2

STHud

TAO Foldmap

I'll play around some more and see what happens

Jesus you gota NASA cpu to run those mods??

Good to hear u have it working.

Question tho,,why have you got JSRS and SOS? Bit overkill and conflicting

honestly, both mods were installed after I played on a server and I liked the sound. not sure what the difference is between the two (never played with one and not the other)

do you have any mod recommendations? from what I can tell SOS improves the heli sounds, they always seemed to be very loud.

in the documentation there are Mission Templates, were these ever released? don't think they are in the download package.

hellow,

I'm using heliparadrop but when reinforcements are coming one helicopter for player, for example 2 players 2 helicopters, 3 players 3 helicopters, I need only 1 helicopter no more.

AL ACT IN TRIGGER.

nul = [player, 2, false, true, 1000, "random", true, 100, 200, 6, 1, 50, true, false, false, false, player, false, 0.75, nil, nil, 1] execVM "heliParadrop.sqf";

Sorry bad english.

Edited by |r|Santa

hellow,

I'm using heliparadrop but when reinforcements are coming one helicopter for player, for example 2 players 2 helicopters, 3 players 3 helicopters, I need only 1 helicopter no more.

AL ACT IN TRIGGER.

Sorry bad english.

Sorry mate cant understand,please try describe your prolem again.

You are trying to make a 4th helo paradrop troops/soldiers? On what condition should the 4th helo come?

Me problem is: i use heliparadrop.sqf whit trigger but this trigger is actived and 2 player online come 2 helicopters and is 3 player online come 3 helicopters...come helicopter for 1 player(1player 1 helicopter 2 player 2 helicopter) and i only need come 1 helicopter for all players.

Santa,

Don't run your script on each client, but on the server side.

Men i understand u soz..

This is arma.Where theres a will,theres a way ;) I use spetsnaz too,infact i use sud russians and many others,with this script.

weather its using them with militarise or reinforcements.

Simple really.

Go to your AISSP folder,open LV folder,youll have sqf files there corresponding to all the features of the script pack.

Open the one you want spetsnaz in,say militarize.Scroll down till you see "redmen array" or "opf_men"

Under that,you can see all units classnames,by default,its CSAT.you want to replace those names,with the class names of spetsnaz units.

example:

_BLUmen = ["B_G_Soldier_A_F","B_G_soldier_AR_F","B_G_medic_F","B_G_engineer_F","B_G_soldier_exp_F","B_G_Soldier_GL_F","B_G_soldier_M_F","B_G_officer_F","B_G_Soldier_F","B_G_soldier_LAT_F","B_G_Soldier_lite_F","B_G_Soldier_SL_F","B_G_Soldier_TL_F","B_soldier_AAT_F"];

_BLUmen2 = ["B_G_Soldier_A_F","B_G_soldier_AR_F","B_G_medic_F","B_G_engineer_F","B_G_soldier_exp_F","B_G_Soldier_GL_F","B_G_soldier_M_F","B_G_officer_F","B_G_Soldier_F","B_G_soldier_LAT_F","B_G_Soldier_lite_F","B_G_Soldier_SL_F","B_G_Soldier_TL_F","B_soldier_AAT_F"];

_BLUmen3 = ["DRI_RiflemanB","DRI_SquadLeaderB","DRI_MachineGunnerB","DRI_AutomaticRiflemanB","DRI_GrenadierB","DRI_RPG7SoldierB"];

_BLUarrays = [_BLUmen,_BLUmen2,_BLUmen3];

_OPFmen = ["SAA_Rifleman","SAA_SquadLeader","SAA_MachineGunner","SAA_AutoRifleman","SAA_Grenadier","SAA_ATSoldier","SAA_RPG7Soldier","SAA_AASoldier","SAA_Medic","SAA_Marksman","SAA_Crewman","SAA_RPG7Grenadier","SAA_Repair","SAA_Engineer","SAA_Explosives", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_d", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_Fn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_vn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_dn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_u", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_w", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_wn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_d"];

_OPFmen2 = ["SAA_Rifleman","SAA_SquadLeader","SAA_MachineGunner","SAA_AutoRifleman","SAA_Grenadier","SAA_ATSoldier","SAA_RPG7Soldier","SAA_AASoldier","SAA_Medic","SAA_Marksman","SAA_Crewman","SAA_RPG7Grenadier","SAA_Repair","SAA_Engineer","SAA_Explosives", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_Fn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_vn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_dn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_u", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_w", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_GL_F_wn", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_v", "O_mas_rus_Soldier_JTAC_F_d"];

There you can see im using spetsnaz and SAA(syrian arab army)to be called by the script.And for nato,B_G units,which is gurilla blufor i beleive.

If you wanna add spetsnaz in for ambieent combat,thats a littel different.You need to open lv functions folder-then lv function men group,and again scroll down and change the opf men classnames to massis spetsnaz classnames.

Tinker with it and let me know how you get on comrade.

Redarmy

I just tried the same with caf aggressors but without success in the Fill house.SQF..

I used this class names:

_redMenArray = ["U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03b","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03c"];

_redMenArray2 = ["U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03b","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03c"];

what have I done wrong ??

Thanks for the great package and the work you have done

Are you using MCC?

Is chopper landing spot on exact landing spot?

Also,please re-itterate,

you place a group "alpha" in editor,on trigger when group is dead,reinforcement chopper should land at marker/player with fresh infantry.(how many?)

It wont work,but if you put the reinforcement chopper to land via trigger when "bravo" is dead,it works?

I will attempt to replicate now.

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

I just tried to replicate,naming group alpha,and when group is dead,reinforcement helo comes in.

It works fine for me.

The only time it dosent is when i put the chopper landing spot on false for exact landing spot.

Thats probably the issue.

Something to do with how arma tells helos to find suitableposition,been an issue for a while now.

We have changed the start end parameters for how it looks for a area and also changed the size of the area to suit our helos... worked fine last night. maybe not as random in its searches for places but 20 helos all landed and troops disembarked fine.

Champy

We have changed the start end parameters for how it looks for a area and also changed the size of the area to suit our helos... worked fine last night. maybe not as random in its searches for places but 20 helos all landed and troops disembarked fine.

Champy

Great work Champy!

I'm sure this has been causing issues for other people too, so here's a version of reinforcementChopper.sqf which is adjusted to work better (by -=XTRA=-);

http://kaartomedia.com/ARMA/reinforcementChopper.sqf

The magic lines are 162, 168 and 169.

Edited by spunFIN

Don't forget to delete group when you delete the heli.

if((_heli distance _pos < 200))exitWith{
deleteVehicle _man;
deleteVehicle _heli;
waituntil {sleep 1;(count units _grp1)==0};
deletegroup _grp1;
};

Edited by Mariodu62

Don't forget to delete group when you delete the heli.

if((_heli distance _pos < 200))exitWith{
deleteVehicle _man;
deleteVehicle _heli;
waituntil {sleep 1;(count units _grp1)==0};
deletegroup _grp1;
};

Thanks Mariodu62, I included that also now to the file above.

I just tried the same with caf aggressors but without success in the Fill house.SQF..

I used this class names:

_redMenArray = ["U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03b","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03c"];

_redMenArray2 = ["U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_01","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_02a","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03b","U_CAF_AG_EEUR_FATIGUES_03c"];

what have I done wrong ??

Thanks for the great package and the work you have done

Those aren't unit classnames, U_ is the prefix for uniforms.

This is what the unit classnames look like:

CAF_AG_ME_T_AK47

CAF_AG_ME_T_AK74

CAF_AG_ME_T_RPG

etc.