ehagendorff,

I'm glad you enjoy and got it working with help of Na_Palm.

It surely should work also with (group player), at least in Dev Build it does.

Na_Palm,

Great idea that temp suggestion for militarize/fillhouse-bug, that never crossed my mind! :D

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks to Spun for this script pack and the handy AISSP html helper.

Been using it alot and looking forward to new improved versions.

Thanks

BL1P

Some requests. :)

Zone cleared notifications that will work with Cache on.

Zone Side Markers that will work with Cache on and with PvP compatability.

For the ambient combat I've managed to disable vehicles from spawning.. but now how would I disable FIA from spawning? When playing as blufor and running into a battle where fia and nato and csat are involved it gets confusing.

Is it possible to have the reinforcements come in and land at a marker area instead of being limited to the very center of that marker/position? and instead they pick a random location within that target marker/landing area?

Say for instance, I run the reinforcements script and the pilots target landing location is a [100x300] marker (some sort of rectangle) and the pilot can land freely any where within that markers area.

Suggestions/Wishes:

1-Force AI to go back in to "SAFE" mode after being engaged or engaging someone within a delayed time period (say 1 minute or so), would this even be possible since "knowsAbout" is sorta hard-coded and you can't just up and change the value for the units?

2-Give AI reinforcements the ability to land anywhere freely within target marker landing area instead of being limited to precisely the exact center of marker/or marker area. eg "Call BIS_fnc_selectRandom" with radius/marker area and all that good stuff

Edited by ShinShin
Make a delayed suggestion

Since the next upcoming update for this script pack will be affecting the caching of spawnable groups on markers, instead of on Game Logics or Empty objects, will this help bypass the 144 maximum group error for those of us making larger-scaled missions using this script to spawn/despawn AI across the map when a player is within range?

hi Phronk, if you mean by this that groups will be deleted if they are out of the boundaries and then recreated if in the boundaries and so don't fill slowly the 144 max group limit then Yes it's in. Maybe it need's a bit of final testing but i should work as intended then.

greetings Na_Palm

@Na_Palm - Trying to get my arms around the changes you made with the new simpleCache updates. I see the basics of how it's working, but I'm not sure how I handle it if I want the different areas (markers) to have different variables for the militarize script. So, say for example I have one location I want to spawn with possible water and air units, another location I want just infantry, and another I want infantry/vehicles. Do I need to have a script setup for every one?

@anyone

Just one script called as much as you want. Just setup using Triggers. Works great.

Name Trigger and use that as the 'epicenter' for Spawn. Then use the DEACT of the

same Trigger to de-spawn those Units IF using "repeatedly" on same Trigger.

Tip-of-the-day:

Use a very small spawn radius (epicenter) and place that in middle of building. Set the

radius of Trigger out to want you want, and then set Trigger to DETECTED BY, then

set your ALARM Sound. IF you are spotted then guys start pouring out, Very Cool.

@Na_Palm - Trying to get my arms around the changes you made with the new simpleCache updates. I see the basics of how it's working, but I'm not sure how I handle it if I want the different areas (markers) to have different variables for the militarize script. So, say for example I have one location I want to spawn with possible water and air units, another location I want just infantry, and another I want infantry/vehicles. Do I need to have a script setup for every one?

hi Meatball,

Do you speak about simpleCache.sqf or simpleCacheV2.sqf which will come with the new version as soon as spunFIN finds the time to release the update?

greetings Na_Palm

Well, really trying to figure out both since I assume v2 matches what you posted.

So for v1, it looks like I set all the Militarize calls as game logic to launch as the mission starts, then I _think_ I'm supposed to set up a trigger that calls simplecache.sqf with all the ID's I set in the game logic militarize calls.

For v2, it seems different. Looks like if I just put markers with "Militar_Mrkr" as part of the name it grabs them and puts the default militarize around that marker. Just trying to figure out how to make some of those markers different militarize settings compared to others.

I could be wrong on both counts, just trying to piece together all the info from the posts and scripts here and on Armaholic.

Ah ok, my bad i was under the impression that SpunFIN send you the new version, but from what i get now you are referring to my little "control script" i wrote a few pages earlier.

So for v1, it looks like I set all the Militarize calls as game logic to launch as the mission starts, then I _think_ I'm supposed to set up a trigger that calls simplecache.sqf with all the ID's I set in the game logic militarize calls.

Yeah that should work so, place the game logics where you want to spawn militarize and fillHouse, give each it's call for the script in question and its parameters. Then you place somewhere an extra game logic and call in it simpleCache with the IDs and the other four parameters.

For v2, it seems different. Looks like if I just put markers with "Militar_Mrkr" as part of the name it grabs them and puts the default militarize around that marker. Just trying to figure out how to make some of those markers different militarize settings compared to others.

I could be wrong on both counts, just trying to piece together all the info from the posts and scripts here and on Armaholic.

Ok, this seems to be your reference to my "control script".

I wrote an explanation for it in my post here. (post #36)

To put it short you could run the two forEach loops, they belong together, several times with different parameters each time. The marker text should therefor be another one for each run and at the end place the call for simple cache.

As I'am to sleepy now i hope it helps you somewhat for now. Tomorrow, sunday, i have more time to help if you need further directions. No problem, so good night and hope it helps you for once.

greetings Na_Palm

Yeah that should work so, place the game logics where you want to spawn militarize and fillHouse, give each it's call for the script in question and its parameters. Then you place somewhere an extra game logic and call in it simpleCache with the IDs and the other four parameters.

Well, I've got v1 working, but had to use triggers with 'isServer' to spawn the original militarize spawns, then another trigger that runs the simpleCache call after all those complete. Seems to be a limitation with using the gameLogic call that you can't have calculations in some of the variables. In my case, I have a multiplier that I use to increase the range based on a parameter the players can choose and simply include that calculation in the militarize call (100*enemyMultiplier). For some reason that works without a problem with a trigger, but won't work with a game logic.

Other than the expected delay at the start of the mission from all the militarizes starting up and then getting cached, it's working fine. And the delay isn't that big of a deal since the players have a few minutes of 'prep' to do anyways.

I'm trying to use some of the functions from Na_Palm's version of the scripts, specifically from LV_fnc_menGroup.sqf. My init.sqf contains

if(isNil("LV_ambientCombat"))then{LV_militarize = compile preprocessFile "LV\ambientCombat.sqf";};

which in turn contains

if(isNil("LV_menGroup"))then{LV_menGroup = compile preprocessFile "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_menGroup.sqf";};

so theoretically I should be able to use

_grp = [getPos ambushmarkerSpawn, 0, [10,3]] call LV_menGroup;
hint format ["Leader: %1",_grp];

as LV_menGroup returns _leader which should be the leader of the group.

My issues is that in my code, the hint comes up as Leader: any which would mean that _grp is undefined, which in turn means that _leader was not returned correctly from LV_menGroup.

From what I can see I am calling LV_menGroup exactly the same as it is called in Na_Palm's ambientCombat.sqf.

Also, when setting an ID number, is it possible to later on use something like leader LVGroup1 to refer to the leader of a certain group. I have attempted to but hint format "Leader: %1, leader LVGroup1"; returns a strange hex value, and LVgroup1 itself returns "any"

Edited by thestuntman

Hi,

How to delete vehicle created by militarize script ?

Should i have to use removegroup ou removegroupV2 ??

Edited by Mariodu62

Awesome Script!

Two questions:

-Where can i define in which range "militarize" units will spawn?

-How can I spawn FIA units?

Hey guys, quick question on using simpleCache. Is there any type of limit to the # of militarize/fill houses that can be cached? Running into a problem with a larger mission of mine using it. I have a _lot_ (35) of militarize scripts that spawn around a bunch of locations on Western Altis. Have them all set to run on 'isServer' triggers and spaced out over about 90 seconds. I can actually see the militarize scripts spawn all the correct units around the proper locations.

Then at about two minutes I have another 'isServer' trigger that runs the simplecache command for all of the militarize zones and it does cache all the units and they disappear. Here's the actual trigger action:

nul = [[1,2,3,5,8,10,12,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,28,30,31,32,34,36,37,38,39,40,41,44,45,47,48,50,51],[fc1,fc2,fc3,fc4,fc5,fc6,fc7,fc8,fc9,fc10],1000,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCache.sqf";

At that point, if I close to within the range (1000m), the cached units just never come back. I've tried it on both local hosted and dedicated server setups and see the same issue on both, and I've tried both true/false settings on the keep count variable and the MP flag both with the correct player unit names in the unit array.

Not sure what else it could be, anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by Meatball

Hi, I wanna check this out a use it for a misión I am working on.

But there's a particular issue.

The misión is FIA vs NATO. So, I am using the old way (create a FIA squad with an OPFOR leader, 0% of presence)

I was wondering how to use your fill / patrol house script with this kind of groups. I checked the units array and creation procedures and are completely associated to side. So I have to use your script with editor placed units....

I am not sure this can be done with your script.

I love this script- it makes mission making, so much easier and flexible, etc, etc, etc ! Just great.

I am, however, fairly new to mission making- some help if possible please?

I have some reinforcement choppers coming in waves to attack a trapped squad- I was using a marker as the 'target' (close to where this squad is inside a building), but I want the ai enemy to target the players specifically (having a few issues with the marker i.e. the ai just "hang around" outside the building)- I know the default is player, but I am concerned that I have 2 playable squads (one at a different location) and that they may target them instead. I have named the group : bravo1 = groupthis; and then putting bravo1 as the target, but that doesn't seem to work?

Can someone help please? Have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

(May be related to above)

Anyone else notice if enemy paratroops seem to not think you are the enemy when

they land? Was using Independent (set to hostile of course in editor), but when they

landed they did not attack or engage for some odd reason.

When the Transport chopper arrived to evac us out, they engaged the chopper but

not us when we were standing right there next to them waiting. Odd...

i really like this script alot and the flash setup program is great, but the cache is not working as it should, when will this update i´ve been reading about coming ??