Yes, it will make those randomizations at first time and uses selected values on each, so it wont randomize them again.

Maybe you can make it reroll the dice upon any new respawn cycle. BTW thanks, it's working.

...is there any way to indicate a size range of the foot patrol groups for the militarize script? (1-2, 3-5, 7-12, etc). Seems right now you can only spawn a group size of 1.

Oh, one other question...is there a way to make the spawned units patrol inside a rectangular marker, instead of just a circular (radius)?

@tortuosit,

It would be neat indeed, I'll definitely consider that as new feature! :)

@BigShot,

Currently they are one big group, they just patrol as individual units. But your idea is good, I'll try to push it to next update!

Patrolling area is only that circular radius based area right now, but I might implement that as well since I already use 'shape based' areas in my other project. In the mean time, you could use UPS or some other advanced garrison script via custom init parameter, just remember to set patrol parameter to false. :)

Currently they are one big group, they just patrol as individual units. But your idea is good, I'll try to push it to next update!

That would be fantastic, spunFIN!

I only mentioned it because I am working on a mission which needs patrolling AI covering most of Stratis, and seeing only singular units patrolling the entire island seems odd (not to mention too easy for MP use). Would be very helpful to be able to run into different size groups of patrols as we make our way around the island during the mission.

PS - I hope you stay with this project and keep it working as BIS patches/breaks things :-)...we really need a script like this...and the java app which you created to help us make the call was super nice of you! love it!!

Edited by BigShot

I think I may have found a bug somewhere within the caching, although im not sure if it's an issue with the script itself or a BIS bug:

In the editor you need to test the caching on land vehicles. First, I found sometimes that if I try to spawn only a vehicle (with NO infantry) the vehicle will initally spawn when mission starts and despawns...once you walk well within range of the marker (in my case I tried it with both a marker size of 50 & 100 and a spawn/despawning range of 75 & 200 respectively) the vehicle/s will not respawn at all.

Next issue....if you try this same thing but this time let it also spawn 1 infantry, then the vehicle/s will respawn except now they respawn on steroids...multiple times more than what you've set AND they will not despawn when you leave the area.

Not really an issue, but was wondering if you could do for next update the ability

to use letters also for the ID to de-spawn? It seems you can use any mix of numbers

in testing; but if you add letters it will not work to de-spawn. ie LVgroupX21

Just a thought. Since Altis is so epic, I use layers (to merge) into the final Map

and have so many Triggers to run your awesome pack, its hard to know what

number your on for the ID#. With letters+numbers you could keep track easy

if using a massive amount of Triggers and/or merged layers to build epic systems.

Example: My Defense layer would all have D+number LVgroupD1, LVgroupD2,etc.

My High Command layer would all have HC+number LVgroupHC1, LVgroupHC2, etc.

and so on. Amazing pack! #1 MUST HAVE Addon for ArmA Altis!! Thanks Again. :icon_w00t:

NOTE: Doing some testing with Civilians only, noticed that they throw smoke grenades!

UPDATE:

For the numbers thing, I can just use blocks of hundreds to stay organized. For example:

One layer is 300's and the next would be 400's. Should work fine for now...

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help, if possible please.

I am new to mission making and working on my second coop. I love the idea of this script and have been using AISSP just to see how helipara drop, reinforcements, etc look/work. So in itself I can get these scripts to work (kind of, but just not specific enough...).

My problem is conditions/triggers for a helipara drop (or whatever)- I have tried what I thought was a simple way... :o just using a trigger with blufor present synched to a game logic with all the script/parameters in it- so when blufor (which is the playable coop team) enters that trigger the helidrop or whatever is triggered with a landing spot and the squad itself as the target. I have been testing it this morning, but I am not convinced it is working :confused:

The mission itself is a rescue type mission with the coop team fighting its way through enemy territory to get to another smaller team which is holed up/pinned down- I have some fixed defences/road blocks, patrols etc but would love paradrops/reinforcements (or even just using this script in general) being triggered as the team progress. But I am not sure how to use triggers/conditions for this? Sorry if this is a basic question. I have looked at the, what looks like an excellent documentation for this script, but still feel a little lost. :D

Could someone help/offer advice please.

Many thanks.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help, if possible please.

I am new to mission making and working on my second coop. I love the idea of this script and have been using AISSP just to see how helipara drop, reinforcements, etc look/work. So in itself I can get these scripts to work (kind of, but just not specific enough...).

My problem is conditions/triggers for a helipara drop (or whatever)- I have tried what I thought was a simple way... :o just using a trigger with blufor present synched to a game logic with all the script/parameters in it- so when blufor (which is the playable coop team) enters that trigger the helidrop or whatever is triggered with a landing spot and the squad itself as the target. I have been testing it this morning, but I am not convinced it is working :confused:

The mission itself is a rescue type mission with the coop team fighting its way through enemy territory to get to another smaller team which is holed up/pinned down- I have some fixed defences/road blocks, patrols etc but would love paradrops/reinforcements (or even just using this script in general) being triggered as the team progress. But I am not sure how to use triggers/conditions for this? Sorry if this is a basic question. I have looked at the, what looks like an excellent documentation for this script, but still feel a little lost. :D

Could someone help/offer advice please.

Many thanks.

It's ok, I managed to work out :)

Great script(s)

in any case I have noticed you prefer to spawn a single soldier as gorup instead of a Group itself.

It's just a suggestion: why you don't consider to let the user define how many unit(S) in a Group should be spawned?

hi Eymerich,

in case you refer to the militarize script,technicaly it's spawning all units in one group but gives every one separate waypoints.

Your suggestion however sounds good to me as to how many units (men or vehicle) will follow to one waypoint then.

Hi...any news regarding the bug in post #55?...have you tested/confirmed it?

Hey BigShot,

Sorry for slow answering, I've had very bad times, but finally getting things better now.

I'm sure the bug is real. Na_Palm is doing superior job rewriting the simpleCache, so instead of fixing that original version, next version will be a lot better!

Thanks for informing about that bug, we'll double check that it wont be included in new one heh! :)

So sorry SpunFIN, didn't realize you were having tough times...glad to hear things are beginning to look up though!

Does anyone know how I could add a add action to the militarize.sqf Group ? as I am spawning in a Civi group and need to have a search.sqf linked to them

tried theses but no joy

0= [_pos,0,100,true,true,false,[8,5],[1,1],"default",nil,"this addaction ['Capture', 'scripts\search.sqf', [],1,false,true,'','((side _this) == west)'];}"] execVM "militarize.sqf";

0= [_pos,0,100,true,true,false,[8,5],[1,1],"default",nil,"_this addaction ['Capture', 'scripts\search.sqf', [],1,false,true,'','((side _this) == west)'];}"] execVM "militarize.sqf";

Hi 1PARA{God-Father},

you know that you have a closing "}" bracket at the end of the parameters?

Have you tried to capsule the "addaction" in an separate .sqf and only call it from the militarize script?

greetings Na_Palm

Hi 1PARA{God-Father},

you know that you have a closing "}" bracket at the end of the parameters?

Have you tried to capsule the "addaction" in an separate .sqf and only call it from the militarize script?

greetings Na_Palm

Opps typo checked code and it was not in there , Sorry can you provide an example to capsule the "addaction" ?

ok, found other errors, too.

only example, so change as needed:

-make a new file: "fn_addaction.sqf"

_this addaction ["Capture", "scripts\search.sqf", [],1,false,true,"","((side _this) == west)"];

-where you call the militarize, change to:

0= [_pos, 0, 100, [true, false], [true, false, false], false, [8,5], [1,1], nil, nil, "nul = [this] execVM 'fn_addaction.sqf';", nil] execVM "militarize.sqf"; 

^^notice the changes i made

greetings Na_Palm

PS:

if you are calling the script inside another script change it to this to gain speed:

if(isNil("fn_addaction"))then{fn_addaction = compile preprocessFile "fn_addaction.sqf";};

0= [_pos, 0, 100, [true, false], [true, false, false], false, [8,5], [1,1], nil, nil, "nul = [this] call fn_addaction;", nil] execVM "militarize.sqf"; 

Hi there,

really great script package but i think i found a bug. I used just one of your functions for my own purposes (LV_fnc_menGroup.sqf). I was just counting around with the created units and wondered why the heck there's always one more unit than specified. Then i found these lines (46-50) in your function:

_i = 0; 
for "_i" from 0 to _amount do {
_man1 = _men select (floor(random(count _men)));
_man = _grp createUnit [_man1, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
};

This causes the loop to create exactly one unit more than specified in "_amount". A simple

for "_i" from [color="#FF0000"]1[/color] to _amount do...

did the trick for me. :)

@IndeedPete,

Nice, thanks! Good spot indeed, too much work with arrays and you'll be always counting from zero :P

Hey spunFIN. I recently started using the editor in ArmA III to make missions and your script pack has made it MUCH easier for me to create dynamic and exciting missions. I have been using the militarize and fillhouse scripts with great results, the missions I have created with them have been some of the best my friends and I have played (self created). The flash GUI for the scripts has been a HUGE help for me learning scripting and mission making, I really appreciate all of your hard work on this great package.

After getting the hang of things I recently tried implementing the reinforcementChopper script. Simply implementing it was working great, I tied it to a trigger and the reinforcements arrived and unloaded at the LZ without a problem, I set Kavala as their target and they started off on foot from Neri. I set myself as a target and they followed my every move on foot. What I would like to do now is be able to have them get in vehicles and follow me to Kavala.

I figured all I would have to do for this is add player in for the group and once the AI disembark from the chopper they would be added to my group under my control and I could have them jump in a vehicle and command them. I'm sure I am just doing something wrong and its a super simple thing in my syntax I'm missing, but the script only works when the group value is set to nil. The chopper lands all the units disembark and immediately move to the target. If I change the group value from nil to player the chopper spawns and hovers above me. If I change it to a group that doesn't exist the chopper spawns and flies in a circle around the LZ.

Here is a copy of the current line I am having trouble with:

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],player,nil,nil,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf";

Working code:

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],nil,nil,nil,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf";

I have everything in the correct place because it calls and activates the script properly. I understand each part of the line (thanks very much to your GUI) and make small incremental changes here and there to fine tune things. These particular lines seem very basic and straightforward. I try not to add too much complexity as I am still new at this.

Any help you can provide, as well as your work on this project is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

try to change "player" to "group player" as these field awaits a group and not a unit.

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],(group player),nil,nil,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf";

greetings Na_Palm

Thanks for the quick reply Na_Palm. I had originally tried it with (group player) in there and it would not spawn the helo at all. We'd pop smoke and nothing would happen, even running the distance at 2 so it immediately spawns in the area for testing. I will try and add it that way and have another go again. The code I posted above was generated with the GUI included with the latest version. I originally had tried the grouping with (group player) per the documentation I found which I believe was an older version/post somewhere on the interwebs. :) Thanks again, I'll try and report back.

EDIT (report back): Thanks Na_Palm I changed "player" to "group player" and it works now. I was adding it as (group player) in line before. removing the () got it working for me. I knew it was something simple I was missing.

A maybe not so interesting thing I noticed while testing as well is if I leave it as player the helicopter spawns empty and I can order my team to get in and utilize it. It basically spawns the helicopter in the air as an extra group unit that I can control. Just another way to implement it if anyone is looking for different implementation. Thank you again for your quick help, sorry to bother you guys with such a trivial thing.

Edited by ehagendorff
Problem Resolved

ok, i looked a bit in the reinforcementChopper.sqf and to me it seems thats maybe the same bug as in militarize and fillHouse if you use groups in them...

as a quick workaround, till the next version, you could give it an unique ID, any number, in the second last field and use then "LVgroup+ID" in the next commands as a variable that has the group in it.

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],nil,nil,13,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf"; 
(units LVgroup13) joinSilent group player;

Without trying it self, i think that should work.

ok than this is not needed....

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

so you are saying this:

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],(group player),nil,nil,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf"; 

didn't work, and this:

nul = [player,false,1,3,false,true,player,"random",850,true,false,8,"default",[true,false,false,true],group player,nil,nil,false] execVM "LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf"; 

works?? That seems a bit strange, but ok....

Edited by Na_Palm
changed as it is now working