massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units A3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hmm..Might just be me but with using these guys with Alive they spawn as Woodland Marpats, Is there a way to spawn them in Desert Marpat? also Marsoc etc etc?

Hmm..Might just be me but with using these guys with Alive they spawn as Woodland Marpats, Is there a way to spawn them in Desert Marpat? also Marsoc etc etc?

only woodland marpats and Marsoc groups are spawned trough Alive , that was necessary to avoid desert groups spawned on altis and stratis ;)

are you going to include a officer uniform in marpat W & D ? would love to have that to set up briefing officers etc.

only woodland marpats and Marsoc groups are spawned trough Alive , that was necessary to avoid desert groups spawned on altis and stratis ;)

Thanks, any possible way in the future to set it up so you can choose between the two? Would be nice for those who are using other maps besides Altis and Stratis.

Thanks, any possible way in the future to set it up so you can choose between the two? Would be nice for those who are using other maps besides Altis and Stratis.

That would be very cool indeed. Came across that yesterday.

Before i forget it: Thanks massi for these great addons. Really really good work!

I would like to request a desert ALiVE config as well as both camos with marsoc removed. Anyway we could do that?

Your units vehicles don't work with ALiVE. Arjay said this:

The is issue is that massi's vehicle classes don't use vehicleClass property correctly. For a tank the vehicleClass should be "Armoured" for example. Massi's have a custom mas_blah_blah property in there.

Have you considered making a version of this mod without the requirement for the NATO weapons pack?

Have you considered making a version of this mod without the requirement for the NATO weapons pack?

+1, was gonna post just to ask that. Same for your other unit mods.

Ever thought of adding M4A1 to the Marines? some Marines are using M4A1

Ever thought of adding M4A1 to the Marines? some Marines are using M4A1

Force Recon, MARSOC and other special forces units, not sure if standard marines get to tho. References?

edit: also crewman, TLs, SLs and maybe attached Navy Corspmans, not sure about the rest..

Edited by Modder

Love the mod, but I've been having trouble finding all the units. Been troubleshooting but all I see now is Marines, still looks like I've got all the Marine options but not Rangers or Seals.

Correction: That's a basic M4 Carbine with a S/1/3 fire selector. (Safe/Semi/3rnd-burst) The M4A1 is a fully automatic variant with a S/1/F fire selector. The standard Marine does not receive an A1 model of the M4. Crewman do not, SL's do not, TL's do not. Outside of MARSOC and maybe some elements of Recon, no Marine receives a fully automatic M4A1 as their T/O weapon. Navy Corpsman do not either. On the flip side for the Navy, Seabee's do receive fully automatic M16's and M4A1's as their T/O weapons.

Reference? My time in the Marine Corps as an 03.

I would like to request a desert ALiVE config as well as both camos with marsoc removed. Anyway we could do that?

Is there a way to do this? I'm currently using Massi's rangers on CLAafghan with Alive instead of the Desert Marines (which I would prefer to use) because I can't figure out how to do this.

Love, the Addon, my group is using it since it came out.

Would you be able to make the uniforms compatible with the newly introduced insignias?

wtsc.jpg

by massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order to benefit from new weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack and to make all their uniforms with working insigna.

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new update !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent USMC and MARSOC units in following types :

US Marines Corps:

- MARSOC: operators in woodland camo with wide variety of shirts for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- MARSOC Direct Action: operators in green coverall suite for CQB and naval operations.

- MARSOC(Para): MARSOC units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- MEU WOODLAND: Marines units for temperate and wooden areas.

- MEU DESERT: Marines units for arid and desert environments.

- MEU ARCTIC: Marines units for arctic and snow environments.

- Recon WOODLAND: Recon units for temperate and wooden areas, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon DESERT: Recon units for arid and desert environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon ARCTIC: Recon units for arctic and snow environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- USMC(Vehicles): A3 vehicles retextured and adapted with USMC gear and crews: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, all static weapons, helicopters, armed offroad, logistic vehicles.

- USMC(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- USMC(Divers): MARSOC divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- USMC(Snipers): USMC snipers and spotters in ghillie suite marsoc wood , desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with M16A4, M4A1, M249, Mk48, M24, M240, M107, M9 and ACP from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.

- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured and adapted A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, static weapons, helicopters, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist and groups included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type)

Same for groups:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type)

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_usa_mars

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2 date 01/AUG/2014

- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack

- fixed: armor values for items to make them more or less like BI

- fixed: made scope=1 M16 variants (units will not be affected)

- fixed: insigna work now on all uniforms!

v 1.1 date 06/FEB/2014

- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD

- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO Sf/SPETSNAZ weapons pack

- added A2 Marines helmets

-updated signatures keys

- updated armor values to meet BI standards

v 1.0 date 22\SEP\2013

- first release

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xdb6i6bycmtxs0/USMC_A3_v1.2.7z

BI Forum link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165080-US-Marine-Corp-and-MARSOC-units-A3

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Amazing work, but is there any way for a future update you'd consider making an ALiVE faction\groups name for each camo type? As it is using these great units with ALiVE spawns in both arid, woodland, and artic uniforms which kinda seems funny on a map like Takistan, Reshman, or Sangin.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You really do some amazing work! Only question I have, is by chance of just making the weapon packs optional?

You really do some amazing work! Only question I have, is by chance of just making the weapon packs optional?

that would be amazing!

that would be amazing!

sorry but it is not gonna happen, since the weapons pack is made to support those units along with the Others.

regards ;)

massi

Is it at all possible to condense things a bit?

You have so many different units it's a bit overwhelming

I mean MARSOC, MARSOC DA, MARSOC (Recon), Recon

It can be a bit redundant.

Also it shows as US Marines Corps, not Marine Corps