massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units A3

USMC_HEAD1_zpsrpdfiofx.jpg

by massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m updating all my units pack in order solve the issue with the uniforms , I’ve added ported A2 uniform and USMC MTV body armor , also vehicles are now optional, in order to activate them just put the optional config in your addons folder, as described in the install instructions below.

I’ve also reworked almost all the camos to fit better and added SD ammo for stealth missions  and new bonus units NBC .

There are also some small other fixies you’ll find in the changelog.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new update  !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent USMC and MARSOC  units in following types :

US Marines Corps:

- MARSOC: operators in woodland camo with wide variety of shirts for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- MARSOC Direct Action: operators in green coverall suite for CQB and naval operations.

- MARSOC(Para): MARSOC units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- MEU WOODLAND: Marines units for temperate and wooden areas.

- MEU DESERT: Marines units for arid and desert environments.

- MEU ARCTIC: Marines units for arctic and snow environments.

- Recon WOODLAND: Recon units for temperate and wooden areas, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon DESERT: Recon units for arid and desert environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon ARCTIC: Recon units for arctic and snow environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- USMC(Vehicles): A3 vehicles retextured and adapted with USMC gear and crews: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, helicopters, armed offroad, logistic vehicles plus HMMVWs, UH1Y and Static weapons from my pack.

- USMC(Support): Ammo bearers units, NBC, pilot and crew.

- USMC(Divers): MARSOC divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- USMC(Snipers): USMC snipers and spotters in ghillie suite marsoc wood , desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with  M16A4, M4A1, M249, Mk48, M24, M240,  M107, M9 and ACP from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets, headgear, vest and uniforms.

- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.

- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured and adapted A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, static weapons, helicopters, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : HMMWVs, UH1Y, Static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist and groups included in folder.

- Compatible with ACE3, RHS, CUP, ALIVE, Zeus

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type)

Same for groups:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type) 

For ALIVE mod users  config faction\groups name:  mas_usa_mars

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:

I made this optional config on users demand since by default vehicles are now disabled and NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack is not a requirement.

In order to get the vehicle just put the "mas_usa_mars_v.pbo" plus its signature files in the "addons" folder, if you do so you'll need NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack.

Requirements.

Latest version of my  NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (Only required if you wish to use optional vehicle config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.7  date 03/MAY/2016

- Added new helmet models

- Added new platecarriers models

- Improved textures

- Fixed loadouts

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVueS0tTFJQQ0U0dEE/view?usp=sharing  

STEAM Workshop standard:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550734265

STEAM Workshop vehicle version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578721643

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

Rusty:   camouflage base textures

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Few Pics:

th_USMC_N_N1_zpsnnjbih5m.jpg

th_USMC_N_N2_zpswkviiscf.jpg

th_USMC_N_N3_zpsmtkka7ud.jpg

th_USMC_N_N4_zpsyrwddo5c.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey massi, great work, love to see more PMC style units from you in the future, like the variety in your African pack. Peace out.

I think you are my favourite Arma 3 addon maker massi, very prolific and always good quality. Any chance of some Syrian Arab Army, Hezbollah and/or Iranian units in the future?

Great Job we have a vast variety of US military and weapons systems that i feel at home with. As a military member i appreciate your attention to detail. I was wondering if you planned on making a Insurgent pack with units from the Taliban, Hezbollah, etc. maybe for Al-qaeda personal for team leader you make like Osama or something idk. That would be awesome and make this game more complete. Thanks for all you do

Amazing as always Massi!

Edited by MrPiipe

realy nice job i was just thinking about asking you for a USMC addon and then i looked at Armaholic and voila there they are :) :)

Hello Massi,

First of all, thank you so much for your great additions to this community!

I myself use all your mods, less Italian forces, along with several other mods which make my init line very extensive. Since you made so many mods, consider rearranging them in a way we could pack them in a single folder like @massi for instance?

Hi,

thanks a lot to all of you for the comments, i'm glad you're enjoying this new pack ;)

there are already woodland uniforms plus tan equipment and black\green helmets (MARSOC), you'll find all those on MARSOC units and inside the equipment gear box. (classnames are in the addon folder)

Hello Massi,

First of all, thank you so much for your great additions to this community!

I myself use all your mods, less Italian forces, along with several other mods which make my init line very extensive. Since you made so many mods, consider rearranging them in a way we could pack them in a single folder like @massi for instance?

Originally I just name the folder that way cause I'm using a modfolder to keep all addons inside, but anyway I'll try to implement it in next updates.

Thanks a lot again ;)

Cheers

massi

It's a pleasure sir ;) !

Best Regards

massi

Hi,

there are already woodland uniforms plus tan equipment and black\green helmets (MARSOC), you'll find all those on MARSOC units and inside the equipment gear box. (classnames are in the addon folder)

Oh sweet

plus tan equipment

That's a common mistake. Marsoc units are NOT wearing "TAN" equipment. They're using MJK (Matt Johnson Khaki), whichin fact is light green, and not tan/light brown.

The thing is, when you take photos of Khaki gear, they look like Tan. I have lot's of original Eagle Industries stuff in MJK here, and in most cases, they look tan when being photographed.

Just fyi: There is no "pure" tan camouflage used in the army/marines right now. If you see something in tan on photos, it's khaki.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm140/Kniefjdl/colorcompare1.jpg (138 kB)

Edited by cheeseburger

amaizing ! that is what we looking and waiting for :). Now we can open our "classic Enemies" C&H Server. a version without the needed Weapons Pack will be a good Idea i think.

thanks for this work

Can these units and the one from the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz including all the weapons get inserted in AiA as an replacement pack for USMC and Russian army?

Thanks for the mod massi, just posting a couple things that could be improved for future

1st The Helmets are kinda jagged in places and the textures could be smoother. (compared against AV_IndUs)

AV_IndUs

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882994299394830856/181BA4B850B787EDC3F405CEE1A3B92743F97328/

Massi

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882994299394834090/371377213F20A2D6756655AA3D3223E0CA1C91CF/

and the patch on one of the uniforms is kinda, half showing

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882994299394827175/94C56A2016A1392CEB6AC27355CF1F293529322C/

It's just minor stuff and I'm still liking the mod so thanks bud.

Yeah, the patch thing is an issue in a few of massi's addons i believe.

unfortunately it's a model issue...I can do nothing, hopefully BI will fix this

for the woodland i think i'll keep it that way, since it look more "used" and is more suitable also for arid\desert areas

Also I hope to improve the helmets as soon as BI will release the MLODs of A2

Regards ;)

massi

for the woodland i think i'll keep it that way, since it look more "used" and is more suitable also for arid\desert areas

Regards ;)

massi

Sweet, thanks for the response bud

Regards ;)

massi

Thing with that is, for sake of realism I showed your uniforms to a couple Marines that I know and have used this very uniform. As quoted from them "It looks nothing like Marine Corps Tricolor". Not to bust your chops but if your going to make a realistic texture of a REAL uniform you should fix what is wrong, not leave it because you think its what you want. Its not Massi's custom woodland texture your replicating a real pattern. just saying.