BloodoftheScribe

FUTARM: Altis/Stratis Inspired Digital Camo

...Sorry for that...

What sorry? I AM SORRY for possibly putting things on your list!

My points are to be ignored until you got absolutely nothing else to do :)

Thanks again for this amazing Camo

Anyone got any idea why these units seem to gain OPFOR affiliation in MCC_Sandbox?

Wow this is actually the best camo ever seen in ArmA!

What about the Urban one? And what about a "FUTARM ghillie suit"?

Anyway, keep up the good job mate, this is awesome!

Hey guys, I'm back from an unannounced hiatus. I am working on updates to this mod and glad to see people are still enjoying it!! I haven't forgot about ya!!

Hey guys, I'm back from an unannounced hiatus. I am working on updates to this mod and glad to see people are still enjoying it!! I haven't forgot about ya!!

Great to hear that buddy!

May I suggest if interchangeable soldier patches are included on the uniforms, so to be able to use this camo for an International Task Force in the Aegis AO?

Great to hear that buddy!

May I suggest if interchangeable soldier patches are included on the uniforms, so to be able to use this camo for an International Task Force in the Aegis AO?

Hey, stop asking for that. That'd require a WHOLE lot of textures. It'd require a whole individual uniform texture for each individual patch you wanted, and you'd only be able to have a limited set. There's no way to have any patch you want. It's not like the clan logos you can put on vehicles. Having such an interchangeable texture would require a model change with a face that has a different camo selection. There isn't such a thing on the character models. So, IF you want that, you need to ask BIS to change all the uniforms. So, seriously, stop asking for that, because it's not possible. Alpha Whisky Romeo explained it in his thread where you were asking that. Sorry to disappoint, but it really just isn't possible. At this point, if you want this International Task Force, you'll have to make your own addon.

Hey, stop asking for that. That'd require a WHOLE lot of textures. It'd require a whole individual uniform texture for each individual patch you wanted, and you'd only be able to have a limited set. There's no way to have any patch you want. It's not like the clan logos you can put on vehicles. Having such an interchangeable texture would require a model change with a face that has a different camo selection. There isn't such a thing on the character models. So, IF you want that, you need to ask BIS to change all the uniforms. So, seriously, stop asking for that, because it's not possible. Alpha Whisky Romeo explained it in his thread where you were asking that. Sorry to disappoint, but it really just isn't possible. At this point, if you want this International Task Force, you'll have to make your own addon.

Lets keep that issue to where it belongs, shall we?

Thanks for the explanation, at first I thought it was a much more simpler process but you've explained otherwise.

Sweet! I had downloaded this the other day to use and I thought that development had stopped completely. But it's great to hear.

Glad to hear you're back in business, pal! These are, without doubt, the best camo's I've seen available for the game, the desert one especially.

Not gonna bombard you with requests for stuff, but if you find time and wish to continue adding your camo to other uniforms/vehicles/weapons in the game, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks again!

Any chance of this ever being released as a texture replacer for standard NATO units instead of as being a whole faction?

I can't see any desert class name. can you let us know desert camo class name?

Meh.. find them at 5 :(

Edited by kgino1045

Wow this is actually the best camo ever seen in ArmA!

What about the Urban one? And what about a "FUTARM ghillie suit"?

This^^^ absolutely love this camo mate! :cool: Looks sooo good. Any plans to expand this mod?

Thanks

Yes, I have a whole rework in process now that the game is out. These were made in beta so a few things need some tweaks and reworks. I have just been really busy, but I am working on it when I can :cool:

Yes, I have a whole rework in process now that the game is out. These were made in beta so a few things need some tweaks and reworks. I have just been really busy, but I am working on it when I can :cool:

Update the class name please D:

BloodoftheScribe, I sure hope that you are still working on this mod! I love the camo (DES and WDLND) However I think I may have found a small bug. When testing your mod, I found that I was dieing mor often than usual. When I tested it out, it seems that your Plate Carriers have very little armor value compared to the vanilla ones. (I wouldn't say anything but it is the difference between a one shot kill or a 3-4 shot kill for my poor soldier.) If you could take a look at this I would appreciate it!

BloodoftheScribe, I sure hope that you are still working on this mod! I love the camo (DES and WDLND) However I think I may have found a small bug. When testing your mod, I found that I was dieing mor often than usual. When I tested it out, it seems that your Plate Carriers have very little armor value compared to the vanilla ones. (I wouldn't say anything but it is the difference between a one shot kill or a 3-4 shot kill for my poor soldier.) If you could take a look at this I would appreciate it!

They probably have beta armor values? He said that they're a bit older.

They probably have beta armor values? He said that they're a bit older.

That's what I'm thinking too. I just wanted to mention it to make sure he was aware is all. I am using the helmet and uniform with a Black Plate Carrier (SP Pack) now and that looks pretty good in the mean time

That is a really nice camo, also it does make sense since for an active war zone or high risk of becoming one a new pattern would be used.

Yes these are from way back almost right after Alpha. Those are some of the tweaks I am working on for the 2.0 release. I have been reworking the camo pattern and uniform textures for a more HD look. The current uniforms seem too "Painted" to me and lack the texture of fabric almost. I am alpha testing a new uniform texture as I'm writing this and I think the results are great. All values of the items will be updated to the current build to match the vanilla values of the NATO uniforms. Thank you for your insight though! Every bit helps when you're working on something alone. Sometimes you just forget about it, and sometimes it just gets overlooked. :cool:

Here's a preview. Everything is Vanilla except the Uniform in the Screen Shot.

http://i62.tinypic.com/w02l4z.png (1343 kB)

Edited by BloodoftheScribe

Yes these are from way back almost right after Alpha. Those are some of the tweaks I am working on for the 2.0 release. I have been reworking the camo pattern and uniform textures for a more HD look. The current uniforms seem too "Painted" to me and lack the texture of fabric almost. I am alpha testing a new uniform texture as I'm writing this and I think the results are great. All values of the items will be updated to the current build to match the vanilla values of the NATO uniforms. Thank you for your insight though! Every bit helps when you're working on something alone. Sometimes you just forget about it, and sometimes it just gets overlooked. :cool:

Here's a preview. Everything is Vanilla except the Uniform in the Screen Shot.

http://i62.tinypic.com/w02l4z.png (1343 kB)

New texture looks nice? Did you put a layer of "fabric" in there over the top of it?

New texture looks nice? Did you put a layer of "fabric" in there over the top of it?

Yes I did! I have made about 20 other retextures for private communities since my first ever one (Which was Futarm), So I have learned a few things since then. Lol

Yes I did! I have made about 20 other retextures for private communities since my first ever one (Which was Futarm), So I have learned a few things since then. Lol

I should probably do that. My units right now just have straight-up camo (flat.) I should also try to dirty them.